New Spell Scam On SCM

warioguy

So I was looking through the steam community market to see if anyone is selling any spelled items on there and I cam across about 2,000 different hats with the exact same text as a spell in all different wepons and hats trying to scam people below the first picture are the fakes and the second is the real spells. Trying to figure out a way to find the guys profile that's doing this to report him if anyone can help pls add me via steam and lets chat about it.

PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THESE SCAMS 

Screenshot (1).png

its not new but tbh this is actually the most legit scam that people can get away with,sadly.punishments cannot be given at all.

the only way for people to not fall for this is have some IQ that spells are only on certain items

it's soooo not new. noticed a few hats on scm over the last 6 months have been done like these. usually a pile of them all at once, by the same avatar. buyer beware is all. hopefully a spell buyer would know to check the description and attributes.

My friend listed a hat with a note saying "don't buy: this spell is fake, real spells are blue" and someone bought the hat anyway.

I think he was trying to warn everyone about all of these, maybe a scammer bought it to shut him up.

3 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Lol isn't that Uncle Dang's avatar?:D 

interesting

17 hours ago, Apo said:

NNZKUe.png

I wish I had 9 effects on 1 hat :(

me too

I honestly doubt anyone would ever mistakenly buy a hat like that thinking it was one of those effects (at least when it's formatted that way). Seems like it's just a way to pump up the views by making it show up in big traders' searches where they try to cherrypick unusual hats with rare effects, not unlike clickbait or simple SEO. Seems that the price is about what the hat would be selling for regardless. Just random thoughts

Modifying the description is nothing new. You can clearly see from the WHITE text its a description and not a spell (colored description).

Swapit.gg got hammered by this scam weeks ago and subsequently stopped trading TF2 items because they lots thousands of $ because people figured out putting an ascii Star followed by certain text would fool the bot into thinking its actually something different to what it actually is. One of the same reasons bp automatic was stopped. Clearly a primative/bad parsing code.

Archived