2OG got perma banned - Update: unbanned already

mb_

I think it is really intriguing that valve is actually taking interest in the war against scammers. To my knowledge, valve would not have issued a manual ban based on Steam Profile reports ONLY and there could actually have been a bigger reason than what meets the eye. Guess all we can do is speculate till OG gets a reply from valve (If he does).

But I'm loving this new stance of Valve against scamming and scammers.

Edit 

He's back.

The heck happened?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/OneGameOneGamer/

And he's back lol.

13 minutes ago, Axle Change said:

Normally it looks like

2RDPy46.jpg

(This profile is private in red text)

OG’s profile does not have this text.

It did when I posted that picture, which is time stamped from what, half an hour or so ago?    But, it does appear his trade ban was removed. 

Edit:  Now, that IS odd as now I see my pic does not portray the red text.   I think I have gremlins happening here. 

2 minutes ago, Toughsox said:

It did when I posted that picture, which is time stamped from what, half an hour or so ago?    But, it does appear his trade ban was removed. 

It didn't have it 4 hours ago, (I didn't see it on his profile and immediately thought it was odd), it didn't have it in the picture you posted, and it didn't at any point when I looked between 4 hours ago and a few minutes ago.  Are you sure you haven't been drinking? :P

1 minute ago, 3.50 said:

It didn't have it 4 hours ago, (I didn't see it on his profile and immediately thought it was odd), it didn't have it in the picture you posted, and it didn't at any point when I looked between 4 hours ago and a few minutes ago.  Are you sure you haven't been drinking? :P

Either I have been or, I havent been drinking enough.  Oh well, it all looks normal now so, guess Valve made a mistake or, he paid someone off to get it removed.   :lol: 

18 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

It seems to be specific to community/ trade bans, I.e. http://steamcommunity.com/id/75658565 

has the same thing (impersonation of OG)

19 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/OneGameOneGamer/

He got unbanned 

Must have appealed  the ban as mb said the impersonators are the reason why he got banned, lots of reports from the victims that get scammed

Weird how they dont even check his trade history if it was a manual ban... or if hes traded with the victims or has their items.

Well its all done anyway

5 hours ago, Anyar said:

You really think Valve manually trade-banned Backpack.tf's #6 top inventory because of fake reports by 'stupid traders'?

Ye dude cus that is what happent. 

On 12/21/2017 at 2:10 AM, OneGameOneGamer said:

Ye dude cus that is what happent. 

Yeah, sorry dude. I had faith in Steam and turns out I was wrong.

Probably shouldn't have been too surprised... I have received a false community ban in the past (though I cleared it up quickly). Still, a wrongful ban for a user with an $80k inventory? The heck?

Sorry.

Archived