2OG got perma banned - Update: unbanned already

mb_

Just talked with 2OG that got community banned today, with no additional info regarding ban (just : "This account has been used for multiple trade scams..").

https://imgur.com/a/W6xCF

Probably due to people reporting after getting scammed by impersonators (a lot of high tier traders have similar problems).

I also noticed couple of my impersonators got "wiped", maybe steam support is doing some sort of cleanup.

Anyone knows someone else that got same "treatment" in last couple of days ?

Edit: He has been unbanned already.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how upset I would be if that happened to me. Best of luck to him in regards to fixing this issue if he is truly innocent. However, if he was involved in multiple scams, then hopefully he learns his lesson. A rather expensive yet important lesson.

1 minute ago, SapienS said:

So steam support banned him without doing any due diligence or checking his trading history ?!% Looks legit

Who knows? Maybe he was involved in some scams that we don't know about. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Steam Support here. 

steam doesn't do shit based on reports

there are a multitude of real scammers that steam hasn't done shit to either

my bet is on fencing scammed hats in mass quantities or handling mass quantities of carded keys

this isn't a 'reported the wrong profile' type thing

community bans are manual and rarely (if ever reversible)

> ya boi ain't a saint

"Broken violations against the steam agreement"

Dont you guys think it might be because of Marketplace or something like that? Because technically we arent allowed to trade items for cash other then steammarket. I mean if this would be the case we would all be doomed within a short time..

14 minutes ago, SVENNEN123 said:

"Broken violations against the steam agreement"

Dont you guys think it might be because of Marketplace or something like that? Because technically we arent allowed to trade items for cash other then steammarket. I mean if this would be the case we would all be doomed within a short time..

of course not because of Marketplace or opskin or 3rd party sites

there are a multitude of CSGO folks dealing in external trades at values that are orders of magnitude greater than tf2

they'd get hit first

and remember if they were to mass ban everyone who is selling/has sold/bought through a 3rd party it would be a very large proportion of ranked invs

also they wouldn't straight up say for 'account been used for multiple trade scams' in the ban notification (see the image from op)

this is bullshit unless 2og did really scam but for a man with 80k$..just no.its probably just those stupid traders who never do research and blame the real one.i remembered a time where someone got scammed by a fake andrei and commented on the real one and told the real one that he had reported and asked the real one to pay him back which was so absurb.goddamn,it feel scary to be a big-time trader these days

58 minutes ago, LaughingLollipop said:

steam doesn't do shit based on reports

there are a multitude of real scammers that steam hasn't done shit to either

my bet is on fencing scammed hats in mass quantities or handling mass quantities of carded keys

this isn't a 'reported the wrong profile' type thing

community bans are manual and rarely (if ever reversible)

> ya boi ain't a saint

THIS. FFS How can you defend 2OG if not only are these bans MANUAL (meaning human contorlled, specific and intentional), but it's not surprising a big trader who engage in poor behaviour - they're the least likely to be suspected. Even after the fact people still don't believe it. I buy it 100%.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, raZ said:

THIS. FFS How can you defend 2OG if not only are these bans MANUAL (meaning human contorlled, specific and intentional), but it's not surprising a big trader who engage in poor behaviour - they're the least likely to be suspected. Even after the fact people still don't believe it. I buy it 100%.

Because Valve is stupid.

I'm not saying I believe it was an accident, but that's probably why people wouldn't believe it.

46 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

this is bullshit unless 2og did really scam but for a man with 80k$..just no.its probably just those stupid traders who never do research and blame the real one.i remembered a time where someone got scammed by a fake andrei and commented on the real one and told the real one that he had reported and asked the real one to pay him back which was so absurb.goddamn,it feel scary to be a big-time trader these days

You really think Valve manually trade-banned Backpack.tf's #6 top inventory because of fake reports by 'stupid traders'?

1 hour ago, Diamond jozu said:

this is bullshit unless 2og did really scam but for a man with 80k$..

Of course it's bullshit that he's banned for scamming, unless he really did scam, thanks for pointing that out to anyone who might not make that connection :3

So now we know how he got $80k worth of hats.

I'd like to point out to anyone assuming that it's a mistake, that he's been banned from outpost for repeatedly trading with scammers.  We already knew he's not clean.

2 minutes ago, Toughsox said:

And naturally, the 1st reaction to being improperly accused of something is always to make your profile private. :ph34r:

Pretty sure his profile isn’t private, it’s that his steamcommunity profile no longer exists because he was perma’d. It doesn’t say the profile is private, everything is just deleted which can’t happen normally.

1 minute ago, Toughsox said:

And naturally, the 1st reaction to being improperly accused of something is always to make your profile private. :ph34r:

It makes no sense that he would of scammed someone, but making his inventory private is hella suspicious.

Archived