is sharking a bannable offense?

XenSakura

• Administrators

"My definition of sharking is that it is the use of deceitful tactics to coerce another user to commit a trade against their better judgment. It is akin to scams committed by con artists in the real world. The discrepancy in item value is much less important than the intent to defraud another user. We will ban users for committing this sort of fraud ONLY if there is definitive proof using screenshots of the conversation and trade agreement showing that the user in question has lied or misrepresented item values in a gratuitous way to deceive another user. In the absence of this proof, all -trusts or "shark" reports will be removed.

Rationale: It's a free market. People can choose to trade as they see fit. People cause more pain by being the sharking police and adding a person to tell them they just lost a thousand dollars by selling something for less than they should have. Buying a hat for less than its "supposed value" is not enough. If the two sides agree to a fair trade, then that's the agreement. HOWEVER, if there is clear evidence that one user lied, misrepresented item values in a gratuitous way, or deceived another user in order to convince or force them to commit a trade against their better judgment, then I see that as a scam, much the same way a con artist commits scams. If there is evidence of this with clear proof using screenshots of chat histories, then I will gladly ban them."

• Administrators

did he manipulate you into thinking it's worth 50 keys? if he just says it is because of a sticker, you can do research.

the only stickers that would effect the price of a gun skin is anything from EMS Katowice 2014(Some go to up 2K$), and the Howling Dawn which was deemed stolen artwork and removed from the game entirely, But there are some stickers that go for less than 100$ that are still a decent value to some people, IE Foils for Katowice 2015, LGB Foil sticker goes around 55$ roughly, And the Titan Foil around 47$ because their Team"Titan" disbanded. Theres also the Crown(Foil) Around 86-89$, which is pretty sought after because of the gold skull and crown.

He told me: oh I don't play csgo anymore because it's cancer. Here I'll give this skin to you   It's worth 80 keys and is more than enough for your unusual. The thing is he's still playing csgo which means he lies and can't be trusted. Second he told me that the stickers price would apply to the skin saying it was 80 keys. So now I have to start off unusual trading again because of dirty shark era like him. Note: I don't necessarily have most of the chat between us since steam deletes it.

1 hour ago, Points of Authority said:

the only stickers that would effect the price of a gun skin is anything from EMS Katowice 2014(Some go to up 2K$), and the Howling Dawn which was deemed stolen artwork and removed from the game entirely, But there are some stickers that go for less than 100$ that are still a decent value to some people, IE Foils for Katowice 2015, LGB Foil sticker goes around 55$ roughly, And the Titan Foil around 47$ because their Team"Titan" disbanded. Theres also the Crown(Foil) Around 86-89$, which is pretty sought after because of the gold skull and crown.

I have a titan Katowice but people say it's 1 key?!?!

is it 2014 or 2015?

2014 goes for alot more than 2015

Edit: Checked myself, Its a normal Katowice 2014 Titan Sticker that hasnt been scratched and in a favorable sticker position, the sticker goes for 200+$, but like diamond said below people who dont know much about stickers will overprice then skin the sticker is on, in your case the skin by itself is a key, not much else can be said though.

well imo i would say a shark.stickers are like spells,paints and strange parts .honestly this is somewhat like a shark for me.the skin is 10 keys and this guy wants to use the full price of the sticker.from what i've learnt from rich csgo traders,they would count only 5% of the entire price so in this case if he didnt lied to you,he was overpricing his item

I don't get it. Why would you even accept an item from a game you don't even own, let alone know the trading system of? Just clicking on "view in community market" would have told you that the base skin was worth about a key. Like tf2 who pays full price for add ons?

Sadly unless you show some very incriminating chat logs, there is nothing that can be done against him.

1 hour ago, Diamond jozu said:

here's more

https://gyazo.com/e132526e12aaacd49faeb8c0c191f541

so now i have no idea.anyone here can lie.who knows.like i said,judgement will be said by the admins

Although I didn't exactly save a screenshot of the trade, he said that the stickers  price would apply to the csgo skin so he said it was at least "worth my unusual". I fell for the scam as I don't have much experience with csgo items, but then he lies trying to defend that he's only trying to scam and make massive amounts of profit from poor people like me. I actually worked for my keys, so it hurts to see them scammed. On the other hand, all I know about the other person is that he's an ungrateful brat who thinks scamming is ok.

1 hour ago, Points of Authority said:

is it 2014 or 2015?

2014 goes for alot more than 2015

Edit: Checked myself, Its a normal Katowice 2014 Titan Sticker that hasnt been scratched and in a favorable sticker position, the sticker goes for 200+$, but like diamond said below people who dont know much about stickers will overprice then skin the sticker is on, in your case the skin by itself is a key, not much else can be said though.

Well this other user was overpricing it. I asked whether to sticker would influence The price of the skin and he lied and said yes. You know I'm sick of all of these scammers and sharkers.

Also I did not want to accept the trade as csgo items I had no interest in, but he said that it was 80 keys, therefore misguiding me into accepting the trade. I was a bit suspicious though.

so in other words you only believed what he said but never consulted anyone nor made any research?well i hate to say this but it is your fault.if you think you are still right,go ahead and leave an  untrust on his bp.tf but can be removed if you dont provide sufficient evidence

55 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

so in other words you only believed what he said but never consulted anyone nor made any research?well i hate to say this but it is your fault.if you think you are still right,go ahead and leave an  untrust on his bp.tf but can be removed if you dont provide sufficient evidence

Well he did lie to me... and say that it's worth a lot. I should've checked with friends, but deceit is the art of con men or in this case, scammers. I may be foolish, but deceiving people would mark him as a scammer.

well im still confused on why you accepted an item that yo dont even play the game at all.im sorry to say but you did make a fool of yourself.

he was also a bit smart.he said the sticker is worth 80 keys but he never said how much the skin would become when its on that shitty skin.thats a very bad skin and its a WW exterior.rip money

On 7/3/2017 at 1:17 AM, Diamond jozu said:

he was also a bit smart.he said the sticker is worth 80 keys but he never said how much the skin would become when its on that shitty skin.thats a very bad skin and its a WW exterior.rip money

He said that the stickers price would apply to the skin making it 80 keys.

2 minutes ago, Mew2! said:

He said that the stickers price would apply to the skin making it 80 keys.

ahhh,then he is wrong.he alr knows that stickers wont add 100% of the price.especially if its a shit skin.in either ways,its still your fault as you didnt make enough research or even decided to take an item that you dont even own the game.your highest to sell this skin is prolly 1 key.rip

thats not a shark.

Saying its (literally) 'worth' 80 keys is technically correct- skin price + sticker price.

That doesn't mean it'll sell for 80 keys though.

Archived