Youth pot smoking rises as attitudes shift

Santa Heavy

People who do drugs are really...really stupid.

Same can be said for those who find enjoyment in getting smashed to the point where they wake up with a killer hangover and can't remember what they did the night before. At least people who smoke pot aren't destroying their livers in the process. 

Same can be said for those who find enjoyment in getting smashed to the point where they wake up with a killer hangover and can't remember what they did the night before. At least people who smoke pot aren't destroying their livers in the process. 

Addicts to substances in general are stupid imo.

It's not the drugs that are bad. They're only a tool. The wielders are the problem. I always cringe when people say drugs them self are bad. Sure they have a chance (some anyway) to do harm, but that's anything. You could use the same argument for people who use hammers to build houses, they have the potential to do harm with a hammer, even murder. Hammers gotta be illegal then!

Marihuana isn't bad. It's relaxing and not very addictive. Both cigarettes and alcohol are far more dangerous for the user, and with cigarettes (and other tobacco products) you also harm those around you. Marihuana has a much smaller effect on others and it also smells quite good.

So the banning of marihuana is hypocrisy as long as you don't ban tobacco and alcohol.

Marihuana isn't bad.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.html 50-70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke

also smells quite good.

...ew

It's not the drugs that are bad. They're only a tool. The wielders are the problem. I always cringe when people say drugs them self are bad. Sure they have a chance (some anyway) to do harm, but that's anything. You could use the same argument for people who use hammers to build houses, they have the potential to do harm with a hammer, even murder. Hammers gotta be illegal then!

If you get rid of the tools then people can't abuse them. Hammers are necessary to society. Drugs are not. People need to learn self-control.

How does banning drugs teach self control?

Additionally, The two sources you posted saying marijuana is more carcinogenic than tobacco shows NO proof for that claim, they say it and expect you to believe it. And even if it were true, that means its more carcinogenic than tobacco, not cigarettes.

Marijuana is a fairly safe drug that should be legalized. Other drugs, however, should not. Heroin, crack, meth, cocaine (sort of). These arent drugs you do in moderation. These are drugs that cause near instant physical addictions and have horrid side effects.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.html 50-70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke[/size]

...ew

If you get rid of the tools then people can't abuse them. Hammers are necessary to society. Drugs are not. People need to learn self-control.

Those sources are showing me no proof. When I get to my pc I'll send you some links showing marihuana is much safer than tobacco. Also, it smells sweet and good. Have you ever really smelled it? I doubt so. And doesn't do any damage to others

If kids around my area would start smoking pot they would stop being such cunts.

Running infront of my car n shit.

Just wanna keep goin some days.  :ph34r:

Those sources are showing me no proof. When I get to my pc I'll send you some links showing marihuana is much safer than tobacco. Also, it smells sweet and good. Have you ever really smelled it? I doubt so. And doesn't do any damage to others

It stinks, like any other smoke product.

But alcohol is more dangerous than marihuana. Also for others, when a drunk decides to drive.

Have you ever really smelled it? I doubt so. And doesn't do any damage to others

Some kid was smoking that outside during our Football (american pussy rugby as you call it) Unit in PE and the wind blew the smell over to us. It was horrible.

Some kid was smoking that outside during our Football (american pussy rugby as you call it) Unit in PE and the wind blew the smell over to us. It was horrible.

American marijuana must smell different...  http://www.drugpolicy.org/drug-facts/10-facts-about-marijuana and I'm home so here you go, it's not really dangerous (and yeah not scientific evidence) and we Dutchies smoke 5 times less weed than you (on average) Americans

Smell is entirely subjective. I like the smell of weed and i live in the US. some people hate it though.

And while weed isnt healthy (nothing you smoke is ever healthy), its not physically dangerous amd anybody that equates it to hard drugs has no idea what they're talking about.

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.html 50-70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke

...ew

You know they use weed for medical purposes right? That's why it's legal with a license. It's definitely necessary. It's a super plant. It's the closest thing to the word god.

The guy in the picture looks like he's 6

Tommy Gibbons, 14, wears marijuana-themed sunglasses at the 1st day of Hempfest on Friday, Aug. 16, in Seattle.

Remember guys, alcohol is also a drug.

Drop the ban hammer.

You know they use weed for medical purposes right? That's why it's legal with a license. It's definitely necessary. It's a super plant. It's the closest thing to the word god.

No, it's not necessarily at all. First of all, weed being used for medical purposes is in most cases a lazy attempt to get past the law. The "ingredient" in weed that gives it its medical abilities can easily be taken as a pill, completely avoiding all negative side effects. 

As for the hammer, if this logic was applied to gun control, we would easily conclude that guns are necessary because we can all agree that they are good in some select instances.

No, it's not necessarily at all. First of all, weed being used for medical purposes is in most cases a lazy attempt to get past the law. The "ingredient" in weed that gives it its medical abilities can easily be taken as a pill, completely avoiding all negative side effects. 

As for the hammer, we use hammers to do good things, like build houses. Drugs? Not so much.

So you say that THC can just as easily be taken by pills? Sorry but when it enters the digestive system it is much less efficient. So no. And the only side effects that are seriously negative is the tar that hits your lungs. Which happens in cigarettes too. Much more. I don't know how often you would smake weed. But most people here do it 1-2 times a week. And ~20 cigarettes a day. So the negative effects of smoking marihuana are neglibe in comparison to smoking cigarettes. And to exhaust fumes. Or dust. Serioulsy, there are bad things to it. But like a very famous Dutchy once said "Every bad thing has something good and every good thing has something bad" (elk nadeel heb z'n voordeel en elk voordeel heb zo z'n nadeel) Johan Cruyff, football player of the 70's

Tommy Gibbons, 14, wears marijuana-themed sunglasses at the 1st day of Hempfest on Friday, Aug. 16, in Seattle.

Remember guys, alcohol is also a drug.

Drop the ban hammer.

That's why I mentioned it

Implying all the stoners out there are getting high for medical purposes. I have no issue with medical uses, I'm saying the people who use it for recreational uses need self-control.

So you say that THC can just as easily be taken by pills? Sorry but when it enters the digestive system it is much less efficient. So no. And the only side effects that are seriously negative is the tar that hits your lungs. Which happens in cigarettes too. Much more. I don't know how often you would smake weed. But most people here do it 1-2 times a week. And ~20 cigarettes a day. So the negative effects of smoking marihuana are neglibe in comparison to smoking cigarettes. And to exhaust fumes. Or dust. Serioulsy, there are bad things to it. But like a very famous Dutchy once said "Every bad thing has something good and every good thing has something bad" (elk nadeel heb z'n voordeel en elk voordeel heb zo z'n nadeel) Johan Cruyff, football player of the 70's

THC is generally used to treat nausea caused by cancer medications. If you have cancer, should you REALLY be smoking? I'm not talking about cigarettes, someone claimed the weed was necessary for society and I have shown that it is not. 

Of course weed isn't NECESSARY but banning it isn't either. Weed is mostly harmless and you have failed to provide any evidence to convince us otherwise. And have also ignored any coherent posts that provide evidence that you're wrong.

Archived