Let's talk gun politics.

CheddarZX

lol, no, life here is great.

also, stricter gun laws would result in an increase of illegal gun purchases

kinda how strict drinking laws results in underage drinking but in some places there is no age(or younger) and there are very few problems

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kinda how strict drinking laws results in underage drinking but in some places there is no age(or younger) and there are very few problems

Quick search

c.2007 alcohol-driving related incidents in Germany 399 vs c.2008 alcohol-driving related deaths in US 11,773

Drinking age in Germany 16 for beer, 18 for liquor, 21+ if driving/learning to drive

Drinking age in USA 21 for all

Legal limit in Germany: .5 mg/ml (.05%)

Legal limit in USA: .8 mg/ml (.08%)

ABV in beer in Germany: between 4.7% and 5.4%

ABV in typical* beer in USA: between 3.6% and 3.8%

Anyone else wanna go to Germany? 

*typical American goat piss beer. (bud, coors, miller etc)

Quick search

c.2007 alcohol-driving related incidents in Germany 399 vs c.2008 alcohol-driving related deaths in US 11,773

Drinking age in Germany 16 for beer, 18 for liquor, 21+ if driving/learning to drive

Anyone else wanna go to Germany? 

*typical American goat piss beer. (bud, coors, miller etc)

Sorry but wtf????????? Beer with 3.6% alcohol??????? What's that, mother milk??????

Beer generally has low alcohol content relative to wine, etc

Oh I know that beer has relatively low %. But 3% is pathetic. Those 3 I just had were 12%, however most beer is ~6-8%. 3 is what we fed babies in the 1600's

Oh I know that beer has relatively low %. But 3% is pathetic. Those 3 I just had were 12%, however most beer is ~6-8%. 3 is what we fed babies in the 1600's

THIS JUST IN: Puddingkip is both 413 years old and an extremely abusive parent that gives his babies alcohol.

This conversation, like all other gun control debates has the same problem. Everybody here is debating the banning of guns, and those that are pro gun control end up debating those debating banning of guns, because the arguments they bring up are so stupid that they can't help but fight them on it.

anyways, this isn't about banning guns. This is about stricter gun control.

This is about whether or not to have better and more comprehensive background checks and stricter laws as to the types of weapons that can be sold and how that affects the population. My position?

Gun control should be greatly improved. Background checks should be more comprehensive. Guns that a person wouldn't need shouldn't be doled out. Hunting rifles? Sure. handguns for protection? Sure. Weapons that no person needs for hunting or protection? No. Don't care how much of a collector you are.

In an ideal world, I do believe guns should be banned in a country. Just like I believe there should be separation of church and state. But in a ridiculously and surprisingly backwater, ignoramus populated country like the USA, that's just not going to happen any time soon.

In an ideal world, I do believe guns should be banned in a country. Just like I believe there should be separation of church and state. But in a ridiculously and surprisingly backwater, ignoramus populated country like the USA, that's just not going to happen any time soon.

In the ideal world you are speaking of, everyone would be responsible moral citizens. That means no thieves, murderers, rapists, or vandals correct?

If yes, wouldn't that mean that people would be responsible enough to not shoot each other? And that shooting for entertainment and fun would be perfectly fine? What about drugs? In this ideal world of yours, would it perfectly fine for individuals to be able to responsibly participate in recreational drug use? What about people who like to like to shoot guns for recreation? Would it not be perfectly within thier rights to pursue thier own form of entertainment aka. target practice??? If this is an ideal world, what difference would it make if it was a one shot pellet rifle or a m2 browning .50 cal machine gun, everybody is responsible!

If no, then guess what, bad people exist and they don't follow laws so that thief/murderer/rapist/vandal is going to get his hand on a gun if he so desires. And please don't tell me that if all guns were confiscated that it wont happen, we already admitted bad people exist so it is no stretch to say corrupt governments/black market trafficers exist as well.

Quick search

What about the huge difference between the population of the US and Germany?

What about the huge difference between the population of the US and Germany?

80.4M vs 317M 2013

Roughly 25% the population size.

A nation smaller than a third the size of the US still doesn't even get a full 4% the amount of INCIDENTS vs deaths due to drunk driving.. 

Stronger beer

Stricter legal limit

Lower drinking age

Some European countries, like America,

Some EUROPEAN countries like AMERICA?

I think that the stereotypical "redneck" you, and probably the 100 dutch, describe with the cowboy boots and hat is actually a rancher.

Randy-the-Rancher.jpeg

The redneck is the (sometimes) fat slob in camo everything with a complete disregard for social responsibility and personal hygiene.

redneck.jpg

I took no offense to anything you said, I am not trying to pick a fight on this one. The south is known for rednecks. However, the term redneck has been used to blanket call anyone from the south by foreigners and yanks that do not know the term for a farmer/rancher vs redneck dipshits.

Just informing ya the difference between the two so as to use the term correctly.

As for the Civil War 2. You are aware that the first one happened largely in part of the states vs federal laws + differences in the north and south, and the newly elected president, Lincoln, correct? That is exactly what is happening now in the white house. A good portion of the southern states do not like nor do they intend to bend to political pressure from capitol hill and what Obama/Obama's Administration says. My brother, before his second tour in Afghanistan, told me he saw more than 20-30 from his platoon, enlisted and officers alike, be taken off by MPs when they refused to salute Obama. If career military is defying the Command in Chief, why then would civilians not? Agree to disagree.

First off, do not "fend off" racism by being racist to another country.

Second off, not every Dutch person thinks that cowboy=redneck. And our population is 17 million, not 100.

Thirdly, i am not gonna say that every Texan thinks that every single acre of land looks like this: 1931091.jpg

First off, do not "fend off" racism by being racist to another country. 

Second off, not every Dutch person thinks that cowboy=redneck. And our population is 17 million, not 100. 

Thirdly, i am not gonna say that every Texan thinks that every single acre of land looks like this: 

Dafaq did I just read?

Where was I racist against the Dutch? I was replying to pudding who is in fact Dutch.

If you had read puddings original post you would have seen it was in regard to one hundred dutch not 100M.

I have no idea what the Netherlands looks like. Im just there is a ghetto, a rich gated community as well as farm land just like almost every country in the world. 

Dafaq did I just read?

Where was I racist against the Dutch? I was replying to pudding who is in fact Dutch.

If you had read puddings original post you would have seen it was in regard to one hundred dutch not 100M.

I have no idea what the Netherlands looks like. Im just there is a ghetto, a rich gated community as well as farm land just like almost every country in the world. 

Correct correct I was talking about 100. But I was also asking people to draw a stereotype. Not all Texans look the same, I know that. 

Oh and we don't have gated communities or Ghettos, and very little farmland because quite frankly there are way too many people. We couldn't feed ourselves at all. All we really produce is sugarbeets, potatoes and loads of flowers. 

Oh and we don't have gated communities or Ghettos, and very little farmland because quite frankly there are way too many people. We couldn't feed ourselves at all. All we really produce is sugarbeets, potatoes and loads of flowers. 

Seriously?

I believe I've heard that Amsterdam has a somewhat high crime rate. The Netherlands has rich people. So I don't see how they wouldn't have gated communities or ghettos.

Dafaq did I just read?

Seriously?

I believe I've heard that Amsterdam has a somewhat high crime rate. The Netherlands has rich people. So I don't see how they wouldn't have gated communities or ghettos.

Trust me, in major cities like Amsterdam and Rotterdam, the ghetto is strong. And in the central and mideast, farms rule the country.

Interesting story to consider. To sum up: A woman and her kids were at their house. A man went up their door, and proceeded to knock on the door and ring the doorbell incessantly. The family hid in a closet. Eventually, the man broke in and started ransacking the entire house. At one point, the man opened the door of the closet that the family was hiding in. The mother shot at him with all 6 bullets in her .38 and hit him 5 times. After which, he got up, left the house, got in his car, and drove away. He crashed a bit later, and is in the hospital.

Now that bit at the end is most interesting. He was shot 5 times and managed to walk away, at least for a little while. Some liberals ask why you would ever need more than X number of bullets in a magazine... This is why.

Interesting story to consider. To sum up: A woman and her kids were at their house. A man went up their door, and proceeded to knock on the door and ring the doorbell incessantly. The family hid in a closet. Eventually, the man broke in and started ransacking the entire house. At one point, the man opened the door of the closet that the family was hiding in. The mother shot at him with all 6 bullets in her .38 and hit him 5 times. After which, he got up, left the house, got in his car, and drove away. He crashed a bit later, and is in the hospital.

Now that bit at the end is most interesting. He was shot 5 times and managed to walk away, at least for a little while. Some liberals ask why you would ever need more than X number of bullets in a magazine... This is why.

This is another thing I find very interesting. Sometimes, we hear on the news of a teenager threatening cops with a weapon. Then, the police shoot him x number of "overkill" times. There is a huge outcry over this, people saying "he was just a kid". But if a man is able to get up and walk to his car after being shot 5 times, I'm sure he could easily use a firearm. 

So... now are we saying that guns don't kill fast enough? Lol, jk

Just FYI, this story is a year old now.

That mother was either a horrible shot under pressure or did not know how to control the gun/never shot before and just took to the "spray and pray" approach. 1 shot from a .38 should be more than enough to kill especially at point blank range like standing in front of a closet door. Head (brain), lung, heart, liver, almost any internal organ...some might also argue the type of round played a role. Were they hollow points. slugs, talons etc?

Glad the mother & kids are OK, but still; 5 gun shot wounds and none are mortally wounding? 

This article says he was shot in the torso and the face

The guy didn't die (sad) and got 10 years in prison. 

You've got awful aim if you can't nearly point blank kill a man with 6 .38 bullets. Where did she hit him? His toes?

You've got awful aim if you can't nearly point blank kill a man with 6 .38 bullets. Where did she hit him? His toes?

Well, she did "nearly point blank kill a man"

You're a spy, and you fire your revolver at a heavy and you hit 5 times. Is the heavy dead? no. Guns aren't that powerful.

Well, she did "nearly point blank kill a man"

what is ''nearly killed'' anyway?

You're a spy, and you fire your revolver at a heavy and you hit 5 times. Is the heavy dead? no. Guns aren't that powerful.what is ''nearly killed'' anyway?

He's a fat Russian with 300 HP and a taste for Sandviches. 

These guys aren't:

Archived