Something that Grinds your Gears when trading

LostJedi

Person: Offer a 3rd gen on my all-class first gen "cuz it's duped"

Person: Offer 8 keys on 30 keys hat "cuz it's 3rd gen"

Person: Put 200 keys price tag on his unusual weapon worth 30 then offer it on my unusuals

Person: Offer on my hats but want me to overpay

Person: Let my trade offer hang for several days while he's Online everyday

Person: QS for 1 key off bp price

Person: Have scammer tag then when I refuse to trade with him call me dipshit for "judging him by his past"

Person: Offer on items I'm not selling then ask me why I refuse his offer

Idk, if I list out all of them I'd probably feel so sad I quit trading

Person: Offer on items I'm not selling then ask me why I refuse his offer

Literally a conversation I've had multiple times.

Person: Are you selling X?

Me: No.

Person: Why?

Me: Because I don't want to sell it.

Like, seriously? "Why?" Why do you think?

Kids who keep adding me and asking for all my valuable stuff in return for nothing. I think I'm on a scam list or something, it's annoying having my trade offer page full up with these. I don't even have anything that expensive.

Oh, and when you agree on an offer, send it, and they don't accept it for weeks despite being online 24/7.

I am not really advanced in trading, but:

•people saying "add me or send me an offer", then you check everywhere and that guy doesn't even have set the trade offer link, profile comments usually are blocked, you write where he/she can clearly see a message indicating that I'm adding him/her for the trade: Ignored + blocked

Go check back the trade and the backpack: A day after another passes and the items selling are still there, maybe the guy is even bumping the same offer where I sent the warning

•People saying "QUICKSELLING" or "QUICKBUYING" (caps included), but they are using the same price as backpack.tf or higher

•people saying "I don't care about backpack.tf/how much other people sell", as an excuse to set crazy high prices for selling and crazy low ones for the items they are buying. Especially if in the same offer, buying and selling the same item like a manual bot

•People in servers (any, even Valve ones, however community ones add a 10x multiplier for the odds that it may happen) spamming trades requests, without specifying what they want in chat first. Just as a test, sometimes I tried to accept, usually resulting in waiting for a reply that never comes, or beggars, or people "wanting to trade" (and when people ask if anyone wants to trade or say that they want to trade, it's always for selling items they are unable to get rid of, and sharking anything you have, no matter what, in a crazy thirst for profit)

•people still trying to scrapbank 1 weapon for 1 scrap/2 weapons, despite the abundant existence of sites like scrap.tf or users selling and buying any weapon for another weapon

•people in trade sites spamming a bind, but not replying in chat. Usually chat is almost entirely filled only with their binds, and without them it would amost be dead, so you can get how they are not caring for their own trades

•People in my friend list that someday wake up and try to profit by sharking when I'm online

Here's another that bugs me:

Traders who constantly close their listings and relist the same item(s) again with little or no changes in the trade notes.   It's like they're thinking, "I have too many bookmarks on this trade, I'm just going to close it to get rid of them and make it harder for interested people to watch or make offers."

Here's another that bugs me:

Traders who constantly close their listings and relist the same item(s) again with little or no changes in the trade notes.   It's like they're thinking, "I have too many bookmarks on this trade, I'm just going to close it to get rid of them and make it harder for interested people to watch or make offers."

I think in this instance, the date on the trade can be a detriment to the chances of it being sold. If a trade has been up for about 4 months then people would think that the hat is a really hard sell and not be interested in it. If you spread out the trades then people wont see how long it's been on the market for.

It bugs me too but I've been guilty of doing it too although my trades never get bookmarked

Today situation:

"Looking up for some offers!
Send me an trade offer or add me!"

he didnt give trade link so ok i will add him

*sending friend request*

//few minutes later//

"user is ignoring you"

YOU WOT MATE??

and he still has item he want to sell...

I think in this instance, the date on the trade can be a detriment to the chances of it being sold. If a trade has been up for about 4 months then people would think that the hat is a really hard sell and not be interested in it. If you spread out the trades then people wont see how long it's been on the market for.

It bugs me too but I've been guilty of doing it too although my trades never get bookmarked

Nah, that's understandable if a trade is old.

What I'm talking about are the people who just made the trade yesterday closing it and relisting it again each day... and it's not even new traders doing it.  If it were newbies, you could figure maybe they didn't realize you could edit the trade notes or they think they have to do that to bump the trade... but these are experienced traders doing it over and over again.

I just give up bookmarking and wait to buy it from someone else.

Nah, that's understandable if a trade is old.

What I'm talking about are the people who just made the trade yesterday closing it and relisting it again each day... and it's not even new traders doing it.  If it were newbies, you could figure maybe they didn't realize you could edit the trade notes or they think they have to do that to bump the trade... but these are experienced traders doing it over and over again.

I just give up bookmarking and wait to buy it from someone else.

People usually do that with really hard to sell hats to make it seem like they just recently got the hat. Instead of having one Outpost trade up for 6 months they have 180 trades each open for a day.

Personally I find people that underprice your shit very annoying. If I have an unpriced vivid unusual, and the same unusual but miami nights is worth 35 keys, I'm 99% sure that mine should not be 25 keys.

Also this all-class hype and shit really pisses me off. If you have an unusual rumored to go all-class that doesn't mean it's gonna go fucking all class so you can't just jack the price up 2x on speculation.

Another one is people who bump their trades, but when you send their B/O they decline and say "not buying for that price anymore" even though they just bumped it 10 minutes ago.

When people decline the trade the second you try negotiating.

Person: I'll do your hat for mine if you add 10 keys

Me: Hm, how about 5? 10 seems kinda high

Trade closes

The most outrageous thing in trading painted hats

Me:Selling strange X with lime/pink/ts/hue/tinge paint for 1 key 18 ref(2 ref discount,not counting paint)

*trade*

Stranger:Hey,can I offer some items?

Me:Sure,item overpay please

*offers craft hats with white paint*

Stranger:These are worth 2 keys because white paint,deal?

*rq*

fuckin hell man 

• Like 1

"hey?"

"hey?"

"Hey?!"

"Hey!?"

"HEY?"

"HEY!!!"

"DUDE?"

"HEY!!!"

"HEY?"

"Hey!?"

"Hey?!"

"hey?"

"hey?"

"**** YOU!" (H.U.N G.E.W.P U.R.M.O.M.tf is Offline)

When people ignore when you say you're only paying for painted items, and just think "Wow he's paying so much for an item with nothing on it!"