Something that Grinds your Gears when trading

LostJedi

Something that ticks you off when trading

This is mine

When u want to buy something discounted or lower than backpack.tf price expecting like a 1-2 ref discount when the price is like 10 - 15 Ref and he/she just discounts it by a scrap "eye twitching intensifies"

• Like 2

Random add people offering CSGO items (when i dont own that game) for my unusuals (that I am not selling).

Random adds who when you accept right away and ask what they need they dont respond.

Random adds whilst playing pubs because "You seem cool"

• Like 1

'Downgrade you overpay, Upgrade you overpay, no cancer effects, no overpay=-rep and block'

exactly, when people ask for free profit.

When someone says "QUICKSELL" while selling a 50 key unusual for 49 keys

Edit:

This for example:

(sorry koala) http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/52286-quickselling-unusuals-discounted-aussies-and-promos/

tells everyone he is quickselling unusuals and sells a 147 key unusual for 140 key with a bog note "QUICKSELLING!!!"... i mean, thats a 5% discount not really a quicksell

When someone says "QUICKSELL" while selling a 50 key unusual for 49 keys

Even better - when someone says "QUICKSELL" while selling 50 key unusual for 60 keys

• Like 3

People pulling out bullshit excuses to lowball

- Your item origin on backpack.tf is "traded". That means it's 100% duped!

- There is a scammer in your hat's history four years ago! (even if marked recently)

- Your hat is low-tier so I'm not going to overpay much. >offers you the same hat with a different effect

Or bullshit excuses to highball:

- "backpack.tf says (love this phrase), this item is worth 80", even if there are sellers for 60

- "misc hype because it would look nice as a misc!"

- "worth more than backpack.tf price imo"

- "buds will be rising soon!"

Oh, and people who ask me to reserve an item and then delete me overnight.

• Like 2

When someone adds you to sell a lowcraft, expecting you to pay their outrageous price for it since you collect the number.

Traders who have a fixed price, then jack their price up once they look in my backpack after I've sent them a trade for their buy out.

People who only sell stuff as a "set."  They're almost always only a set so they can dump their junk with their one good item, and it's overpriced to boot.

"Hype" on unusuals that have literally no hype whatsoever.

Traders who compete with me to buy an unusual from someone else, then ask me immediately after they've got the item if I want to buy it at their higher price (I do not, and welcome to my blocked everywhere list).

• Like 2

*random guy #5 send a friend request**

Anhor: "Hi. How may I help you? :)"

RG#5: "I want to trade."

2 minutes of silence.

Anhor: "What do you want to trade?"

RG#5; "Australium"

Head ---> Wall

1.  Calling anything a 'quicksell' that is less than 20% off

2.  Selling only as a set when it's obvious that there's only 1 item out of the set that people would actually want

3.  Misrepresenting the value of items (e.g. had some guy try and tell me his spec Aussie RL was worth 80 keys because parts and keys; there was a pro Aussie RL with literally the same parts and spells for 65 keys, he still insisted his was worth 80)

4.  Not understanding that the concept of overpay applies to the buyer, not the seller

5.  Saying Duped = practically worthless

6.  Constantly asking me to offer on your hat that I don't even want in the first place

7.  Sending me shitty lowball trade offers for my hats when they're not even for sale

8.  Putting in your notes "DO NOT ADD ME"....yea, because it's so weird to actually want to speak to a person when trying to come to a trade agreement...

9.  Putting in your notes "I love this hat and I don't mind keeping it, it will take a lot to get it from me".  K, so maybe don't even put it for trade then.  Nobody's overpaying by 50% for your shitty hat because you don't actually want to let it go. Stop wasting everyone's time. 

10.  Including items that aren't even listed for trade anywhere in your trade offer.  Bonus points if you keep asking me to throw in sweets after I tell you "All I have for sale are literally these 3 hats, nothing else in my BP is for sale"

11.  Trades that have been open for 7 months.  This goes with point 9.  Dude, you're not ever selling this, stop wasting everyone's time and just close the trade.  Even worse, you're giving the impression that the hat is actually available which is hurting other sellers with the same hat, because it looks like there are more on the market than are actually available.  

12.  People new to paypal trading wanting to sell their hat or backpack who don't do any research and refuse to believe that the pp going rate of keys isn't $2.49 USD like in the store.   9/10 times they get scammed shortly after when a scammer makes an easy meal of them by promising to pay their ridiculous asking price.  Greed is a powerful thing. 

8.  Putting in your notes "DO NOT ADD ME"....yea, because it's so weird to actually want to speak to a person when trying to come to a trade agreement...

Well, excuse me for avoiding 75% of best steam conversation situations, and excuse me for not stopping enjoying pubstomping over a refined. Even after i'm fine with people adding me over something serious (2+ key items at least), i don't really regret enabling "trade offers mode".

Looks like i'm going all-in every time i see something like this, alright.

Well, excuse me for avoiding 75% of best steam conversation situations, and excuse me for not stopping enjoying pubstomping over a refined. Even after i'm fine with people adding me over something serious (2+ key items at least), i don't really regret enabling "trade offers mode".

Looks like i'm going all-in every time i see something like this, alright.

Yea, I'm speaking pretty much about unusual trades.  Understandable that you don't want to waste your time for items that are literally worth pocket change.  

• Like 1

Even better - when someone says "QUICKSELL" while selling 50 key unusual for 60 keys

And then they try to justify it being a quicksell by pointing out that everybody else wants 65 keys...

• Like 2

I'm guilty of this, for the most part I use it to weed out potential scammers, I leave my profile open to comments where, if people legit want to buy my stuff then they can always leave a comment there or on my Outpost trades, or Send an Offer and let me add you in I feel there's room for negotiation. I also like to keep my friends list open to friends rather than traders who I'll only speak to for like an hour to negotiate a hat with.

One thing  that gets me and I don't quite know who to blame in this situation. I say that I want a decent effect and someone offers me, lets say a Searing Plasma hat, claiming it'd be an easy sell because "It's 1st gen and everyone loves 1st gen hats!" then, when you check out trades on only want 1st gens, what they mean is specifically they only want Burning/Scorching or Sunbeams effects.

One extra thing that really pisses me off is... well this exchange on unusual trade servers

Person: Hey are you selling that hat?

Me: Yeah, for 70 keys

Person: Oh, would you do a discount for pure

Me: I guess I could go down for 65 pure

Person: Well I was looking for about 40 on it

Me: No.

If I wanted to Quick sell the hat, I'd say I'm quick selling it or I'll sell it to Scrap.tf, just because you have like 40 odd keys doesn't mean that I'm going to bend over backwards for it. What gets me even more is then they finish it off with

Person: Whatever, noob, your hat isn't even that good

Or something along that lines, Not only do you insult me with such a lowball for my hat, you call me a noob for not accepting your offer but now whenever someone offers on my hat on the server, they'll remember that exchange and think lesser of my items (Or at least that's what my brain tells me)

Bonus:

I own two of the same items, one is a low craft, the other is a normal craft.

I put up on the trade that I'm selling the other. I specifically say on the trade description "DO NOT SEND A TRADE OFFER FOR THE LOW CRAFT", however, people still try for the low craft. There's a huge difference between #156151 and #28.

When I decline the trade offer, they send another trade offer for the same low craft with a comment saying something like "Wtf?? you said 3.66 ref???"

Man guys I read all the comments on this thread for now and all I can say is that I feel all of it and it hurts me in the inside just reading all of it. 

Pretty much what everybody else said except unusual trading since I am just getting started. I will admit that this is why I use the steam market, and marketplace.tf to sel my stuff. I don't have to deal with people.

Adds me and we work out a deal.  Takes a few hours.  Finally come to a deal where we both agree.  Invites to trade.  Adds items into trade window.  He cancel and un-friends me w/o saying a word.

• Like 2