Addictions

The Oddball

Coffee is the only real addiction I have. I can't function without a few cups of cofree in the morning. It gets better in the afternoon/evening but I still drink too much coffee.

Biting pens. It's horrible and I hate it, especially with the amount of people around me that forget their own and I have to lend them one. It's really gross but I can't stop it.
Biting nails as well but I enjoy that and don't care.

I dont think I have an addictive personality. I smoked all summer last year but managed to drop the habit real quick at the end of the year (given I still smoke cigars but thats rare these days). Heroin is a big problem where I live. It's so easy to get and people are ODing left and right so it's obviously not a good thing. 

Unless you're in a disfunctional family of some sort anything you consider "stressful" is nothing compared to when you are in your 20s and you're forced to think about your future, money becomes an issue and for the first time in your life you have actual responsibilities.

I'm out of school, I'm taking a GED and going to college two years early.

Yes, my family is completely dysfunctional. Arguments nearly every day.

Some people can say I have an addiction to games, it's a hobby. Although recently my grades have slightly slightly dropped, so it may be a sign to tone it down.

I personally feel as though addictions are for those that have weak wills of their own, and having an addiction for something such as drugs or even alcohol can have such a massive effect on your savings. You could very well not afford to pay rent due to it.

"hi, i literally don't understand the psychology/physiology of addiction and i would rather shame and blame people than learn about it"

i don't personally have anything i would consider an addiction; i have multiple habits which you could consider self-destructive but they're not too threatening and probably are just a means of enacting stuff which would otherwise take worse forms.

Also is doing price suggestions an addiction because I love doing those

/sarcasm

Addiction does not just come in the form of substances such as alcohol and drugs...  You can be addicted to games, forums, price suggestion, ect.  The need for them might not be as extreme, but they definitely can be there.

addicted to music, addicted to video games, addicted to isolation

hard to be a functioning member in this society when a perfect day involves you not talking to anyone

Archived