Addictions

The Oddball

How do you feel about addictions? Whether it be biting nails, drinking, meth, etc. Do you have an addiction? How do you feel about others having them? I'd like to hear some thoughts.

Personally I drink a lot, and I'm still quite young. I know I should stop, but it helps me calm down after a long, stressful day.

Also is doing price suggestions an addiction because I love doing those

/sarcasm

I personally feel as though addictions are for those that have weak wills of their own, and having an addiction for something such as drugs or even alcohol can have such a massive effect on your savings. You could very well not afford to pay rent due to it.

meth

i can relate really good with this one

im addicted to biting my nails, doesnt matter where i am i just love doing it. and i havent gotten any disease or infection from it so i see no reason to stop

Personally I drink a lot, and I'm still quite young. I know I should stop, but it helps me calm down after a long, stressful day.

if you're young you don't have long stressful days

I'm addicted to a handful of things...  coffee, gambling, sex comes to mind. perhaps the worst ones are the latter two, but it's not that serious

I know people from school who after graduating fucked up their own lives thanks to alcohol/drugs. It's been 4 years and at least 3 (out of ~140) have been jailed due to drug possession, and one girl who was a close friend of mine died due to heroin overdose. A bunch of people (~10) also dropped out of college and blew all their money on that stuff. it's a shame

I'm a chronic nail biter.

I also play too much video games.

But I'm okay with that.

As long as your addictions don't impact your life negatively, then you're fine.

^this.

Unless you're in a disfunctional family of some sort anything you consider "stressful" is nothing compared to when you are in your 20s and you're forced to think about your future, money becomes an issue and for the first time in your life you have actual responsibilities.

Kinda like in highschool you thought the shit you were learning was "hard" and then you enter uni and the stuff you spent a semester on learning was covered in like 1 week of uni.

^this.

Unless you're in a disfunctional family of some sort anything you consider "stressful" is nothing compared to when you are in your 20s and you're forced to think about your future, money becomes an issue and for the first time in your life you have actual responsibilities.

Kinda like in highschool you thought the shit you were learning was "hard" and then you enter uni and the stuff you spent a semester on learning was covered in like 1 week of uni.

Comparing the stress someone has with the stress you have when you're older is pointless, and quite honestly a little ridiculous. Stress comes in a lot of different forms, and it's not your place to tell someone whether or not they're stressed. 

Comparing the stress someone has with the stress you have when you're older is pointless, and quite honestly a little ridiculous. Stress comes in a lot of different forms, and it's not your place to tell someone whether or not they're stressed. 

Also; venting is a valid form of stress-relief. If people make fun of someone for venting, then that person is less likely to vent in the future, and will build up even more stress.

Cracking my neck, knees, back, elbows and knuckles (& knuckles & knuckles & knuckles)

Smoking

Gaming

Collecting

Soft drinks

No particular order.

I drink way too much tea to be healthy for a 15 year old. 

I don't really have a gambling addiction, but I extremely enjoy it. My lust for keys cancels out that 'addiction' though so I'm all good. 

Ill say to take my comment as a "warning" of some sort because if he is drinking right now to deal with stress at his current stage in life should try be more prepared when you reach the stage in life where their is "actual stress".

And I'm not trying to say he has and/or doesnt have stress but I'm saying in the near future the stress you feel now will feel like nothing when you are forced to face much harder challengers.

im addicted to biting my nails, doesnt matter where i am i just love doing it. and i havent gotten any disease or infection from it so i see no reason to stop

this, except my finger nails are ingrown due to it and my nails all look like crap

also video games to the point of where it affects my grades

I bite my nails too much, but I'm getting better at not doing it.

I also bite the insides of my cheek and lip, gets to the point where they're really sore and my grind my teeth a lot

I don't really have a gambling addiction,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My nails are basically non existent thanks to my habit

Also, not my own habit, but can someone explain how drinking can possibly 'help' with stress/suffering/whatever. I've never understood it.

Also, not my own habit, but can someone explain how drinking can possibly 'help' with stress/suffering/whatever. I've never understood it.

alcohol is a depressant and it helps with stress short-term, but in the long run it has the potential to take over your life and destroy it.

I'm addicted to McDonalds :(

I workout so it's fine in terms of body composition but still, I spend at least $50 a week on McDonalds :c eating burgers just makes me insanely happy, srs

I spend an average of 70% of my day in front of my laptop doing pointless, unproductive stuff. I'm pretty sure that's an unhealthy addiction. I'm also a rather heavy procrastinator. It's a miracle that I'm getting grades better than/as good as my friends that are legitimately studying. I know my limits, though, so it's not like my life's ruined or anything.

Except my social life, of course. That's been loooooooong gone. 

I like to talk sh-t about Toughsox every now and then but otherwise I think that gluing my eyes to a computer screen and soft drinks are the two addictions that'll define my <20 life.

But the consequences of gaming aren't all negative, you meet new people (,like Toughsox,) who make you look at life in a new perspective and are a blast to be around.

btw, s/o to Toughsox who still hasn't unbanned me from the TF2OP; I love you buddy, stay sexy.

Unless you over do it; it's pretty good.

I went to a party and over did it. Not picking up a glass ever again because of it.

That's actually not a joke lmao.

you just have to substitute addictions I find, it's all about finding a healthy alternative, so instead of drinking alcohol, why not drink something like green tea or pop mollies when you're sweatin'?

Nail biting, I wait a week or so and just bite them off when they're regrown... it feels so weird. used a nail clipper but I didn't get the same satisfaction...

Like... everytime i see a cat anywhere, i can't help but approach it and snuggle it, even if its stray or has a possibility to a disease or something :mellow:. By this experience i can confirm that you can snuggle 10% of cats that you encounter, the other fat hamplanets will just run ..

But i am bothered a little by gambling sites, specifically the ones with tf2 and cs go items. There are kids who watch famous cs go players and they are inspired by case opening and gambling compilations that obviously showcases the biggest wins from them, and they give that illusion that anyone can open cases and win big.

There are naive people and kids who don't know any better, and even if they win consistently for some time, chances are (literally) that they will go big and lose, and some might resort to scamming or other means to get them back by not coping with the fact that they lost that much to gambling.

There are kids who watch famous cs go players and they are inspired by case opening and gambling compilations that obviously showcases the biggest wins from them, and they give that illusion that anyone can open cases and win big.

yep, hello

Archived