favorite book format

Vrakos Anthrakir

books  

41 members have voted

1. 1. see thread title

• paper (physical book)
    • audiobook
    • e-book (device you read from doesn't matter)
  2. 2. if you liked physical books,

• paperback
    • hardcover

Paper easily. While I do like my kindle and have a few hundred books for it, I still far and away love the basic feel of having a book in my hand. That's why I've got 5 full bookshelves in my library room.

Also, cost-wise, unless I'm looking at something that just released, physical is far cheaper than digital. When buying used, I'm only paying 50 cents to a dollar for a book, while the kindle version is still close to MSRP.

Audiobooks though, no. I don't like them as not having my own internal narration (both in speed and tone) really cripples my enjoyment and visualization of the story.

Tbh i dont see much difference between say reading a book on a tablet like device or an actual physical book. Id still take myself off into the woods and read until i felt content. I think the book itself is more important than how its read. I can appreciate the simplicity in an audio book though. Tldr all of them are good

Paper if I'm reading an actual book, it just feels better. If it's a comic or something, an image album or pdf all the way.

Ah fuck I wasted my 1200th post.

with the overwhelming majority in favour of physical books, added a new question for you (us) folks.  which do you prefer and why?

My phone and a reader app. That's all I need.

It is way more comfortable than any physical book, and it doesn't take up space from my already full libraries at home and in garage :D

Anyway since a few years I prefer to read good and not uber-famous mangas (fuck off Naruto & stuff, there are real masterpieces worth reading than some commercial series for weaboos).

with the overwhelming majority in favour of physical books, added a new question for you (us) folks. which do you prefer and why?

Tom Clancy is my favourite author (unlike the damn Ubisoft which begun making afwul stuff since the end of PS2 era) and Splinter Cell is my favourite series.

Worth to mention also 1984 from the good ol' Orwell, a classic that can never die.

Just got a Kindle a few months ago. Ever since I got it, I've been reading a ton more then I use too. So e-readers are great if you're like me and you lack motivation to read. You can knock off a few chapters right before going to bed with the backlight, and do a bit of reading while on the bus.

Books may have that nice tactile feel, but the convenience of e-readers ends up being pretty motivating, so they're better in my book. (heh)

Just don't expect to be reading any manga. Get a full tablet if you want that.

anything but hardcover.

I agree. The only time I buy hardcover books is when there aren't any paperback versions. I can't even flip a page properly.

Hardcover is good for looks and feels great to hold but reading larger hardback can be pretty challenging, paperback is much easier. I read on my side and hardbacks can get kinda heavy.

Tom Clancy is my favourite author (unlike the damn Ubisoft which begun making afwul stuff since the end of PS2 era) and Splinter Cell is my favourite series.

Worth to mention also 1984 from the good ol' Orwell, a classic that can never die.

the 2nd question was for people who prefer physical books, and it was paperback or hardcover :P  but 'ight

the 2nd question was for people who prefer physical books, and it was paperback or hardcover :P but 'ight

I misunderstood lol

Hardcover mantains the form, so I prefer it when talking about physical books.

Archived