Ban Shitposters

AwesomeMcCoolName

-snip-

You missed the point entirely of what I meant. If you read the point of this thread, then maybe you'd grasp it a little better, but just to paraphrase.

This has nothing to do with anyone's conduct within the forums. I am aware the point of the Great Below and I do not mind plugs as I stated in the thread asking if they should be done away with. I am talking about linking an innocent trader simply minding his own business and then mass attacking his trade. I don't mind poking fun at the trader in the replies to the statuses, but ganging up on him on his own trade and posting meaningless comments calling his prices unrealistic or that he's idiotic because he paid a certain amount is cyber bullying.

That what I mean when people on these forums take a trade from the statuses of someone unknown and simply harrass them with posts only meant to antogize the trade owner. Its shitposting and its wrong.

Make fun of trades all you want, but keep it on the forums, don't attack someone.

I think the best way to handle that is to report them to outpost and have outpost ban them. Banning them here would be useless. Basically what polar/clever said.

I'm not agreeing with the banning portion I'm simply bringing about Awesome's words related to the fact that attacking innocent traders for personal amusement is wrong and should not take place. I agree its not in backpack.tf's jurisdiction, but I bring about awareness in order to possibly stimulate self-policing rather than resorting to reporting their actions after-the-fact.

• Administrators

You missed the point entirely of what I meant. If you read the point of this thread, then maybe you'd grasp it a little better, but just to paraphrase.

This has nothing to do with anyone's conduct within the forums. I am aware the point of the Great Below and I do not mind plugs as I stated in the thread asking if they should be done away with. I am talking about linking an innocent trader simply minding his own business and then mass attacking his trade. I don't mind poking fun at the trader in the replies to the statuses, but ganging up on him on his own trade and posting meaningless comments calling his prices unrealistic or that he's idiotic because he paid a certain amount is cyber bullying.

That what I mean when people on these forums take a trade from the statuses of someone unknown and simply harrass them with posts only meant to antogize the trade owner. Its shitposting and its wrong.

Make fun of trades all you want, but keep it on the forums, don't attack someone.

Ah, that makes more sense now. I thought you were just targeting others like some other people here. Now I agree with what you just said. :P

My apologies if I didn't catch it the first time x_x

I don't mean ban them from OP, but if multiple members of bptf go in and start trolling a trade, then give them a ban here until they learn that thats not appropriate behavior. 

Dont u get warning points for that? :/

Archived