Ban Shitposters

AwesomeMcCoolName

It happens quite often that someone links a trade which ultimately gets spammed to hell. This accomplishes absolutely nothing, and in-fact is actually hurtful towards the site. 

Spamming these trades doesn't accomplish anything, it would be much more beneficial if one person (i.e. the person who saw the trade) added and/or posted on the trade saying why he shouldn't be doing what hes doing. BUT, even thats wrong. You shouldn't being commenting about a persons price/theme. Unless of course they're lying. If they're claiming to have the cheapest one around, the only one around, or faking offers then go right ahead and point it out. BUT do so YOURSELF; DON'T spam the trade or have other spam the trade on your behalf. 

This issue isn't isolated the Outpost/Bazaar; it happens on the forums as well. You shouldn't be commenting on ANYONES trade (/thread) unless you plan on actually completing a trade with that person. 

So when should you comment on a persons trade: 

1) You want to make a GENUINE offer. 

2) You're calling them out on a lie; WITH PROOF to back up your claim--and do so by YOURSELF, NOT with multiple friends spamming a trade. 

P.s. This applies to non-trade threads as well. If you don't have something constructive to say (and its not in the Great Below, then keep your mouth shut and DON'T post in that thread. 

P.p.s DON'T pull shit like this: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/15483356

TL;DR Stop being dumbfucks and spamming trades it just makes you and everyone associated with you look bad. Additionally, anyone who does this should get banned from BOTH the Backpack.tf forums as well as the main site.

Pretty sure we've all done this, we've had multiple threads open for trade doxing and countless more statuses.

Regardless, it should probably be done for reputation's sake. If a group of friends wants to risk their accounts screwing with/over some guy they don't like then there's really nothing to be done there, as long as no ties are made to backpack.tf then nothing will reflect negatively - individuals in a group, not a group itself.

dont really agree on the last sentence, but i agree with the rest

Ill miss watching you guys spam

also not sure about a ban either, maybe warning points? doesn't really work for status updates

dont really agree on the last sentence, but i agree with the rest

Ill miss watching you guys spam

also not sure about a ban either, maybe warning points? doesn't really work for status updates

Except warnings mean nothing. If you're going to pull some shit and spam then all you're doing is making backpack.tf look bad. Especially if you make a status with the sole purpose to maliciously attack a persons trade. 

Would this include shitposting on a trade that somebody posted as a status update. I mean the shameless plugs. I don't like those, so I spam.

Would this include shitposting on a trade that somebody posted as a status update. I mean the shameless plugs. I don't like those, so I spam.

If its a bptf regular and the person didn't specifically say not to spam (/you know the person doesn't want spam)--then i don't really see a problem. The problem i see is the impression it gives to outsiders. 

If its a bptf regular and the person didn't specifically say not to spam (/you know the person doesn't want spam)--then i don't really see a problem. The problem i see is the impression it gives to outsiders.

I only troll regulars who plug (chigga, Pyroman, Vince, merry etc.)if I can keep doing that, count me all in for this rule

I only troll regulars who plug (chigga, Pyroman, Vince, merry etc.)if I can keep doing that, count me all in for this rule

Unless they complain about it i see no problem. 

The problem is that bptf's troll crew roles into new trades all the time and just gives bptf a bad name. Plus, what someone asks is none of your business, and it can be detrimental to the trade. Either way, its annoying. 

The bp.tf admins have no jurisdiction over outpost. While I don't condone the immature behavior of our forumites, outpost does have its own mods and report functions.

The bp.tf admins have no jurisdiction over outpost. While I don't condone the immature behavior of our forumites, outpost does have its own mods and report functions.

There is also a part about doing this on the forums in op. I guess mainly item trading sub. So if you implement this you don't have to warn me anymore.

Maybe should somewhat control the content which is posted in the statuses :S

Directing this more to the somewhat useless spam of users promoting their own trades (we have a part of the forum dedicated for this) as well as links to trades which are obviously made to instigate the troll crew of bp.tf :L

There is making fun and trolling (most likely deserved) but clearly a line has been crossed here...

I don't mean ban them from OP, but if multiple members of bptf go in and start trolling a trade, then give them a ban here until they learn that thats not appropriate behavior. 

I don't mean ban them from OP, but if multiple members of bptf go in and start trolling a trade, then give them a ban here until they learn that thats not appropriate behavior. 

I agree that these kinds of things make the website look bad and we'd like people to stop, but I agree with clever that we have no jurisdiction over what people post on other sites. Starting to ban people for simply posting a link to outpost is too much, imo.

I agree that these kinds of things make the website look bad and we'd like people to stop, but I agree with clever that we have no jurisdiction over what people post on other sites. Starting to ban people for simply posting a link to outpost is too much, imo.

But we could punish status updates where people call to shitpost other users (even on other sites). Or something like that.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Bumping for awareness since it still appears to be occuring due to shitposters like cyan and others on this status

How is cyan a shitposter? Yes, he was at the beginning but not anymore. If you are referring to him posting silly things on Great Below. The Great Below is meant for you to post silly and simple questions and stuff.

Not going to point fingers but it seems like some people are just targeting others out of spite/fun.

Also, status are meant posting for fun and making other laughs by posting an update. 

If you are referring plugs, they are not shitposter, they are more like constant spam every hour or so. Also status update is there for fun, posting silly stuff instead of taking up space in the forums and posting useless things there.

It seems like you want a community where there will be no fun or anything like that and just dead serious posts and all. Sorry to say, but this is a ridiculous for you to just bump up an old thread for reason like what you mentioned.  :ph34r:

Bumping for awareness since it still appears to be occuring due to shitposters like cyan and others on this status

I think the best way to handle that is to report them to outpost and have outpost ban them. Banning them here would be useless. Basically what polar/clever said.

I agree with clever that we have no jurisdiction over what people post on other sites. 

Archived