Outpost Subscriptions

There

Outpost Subscription  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy a subscription to Outpost?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if they allow it through items.
    • I'm going to stop using Outpost.
    • I don't use Outpost.

I know there are other threads about this, but I'm wondering if any of you are actually planning to buy a subscription to Outpost's "Premium" service?

I know there are other threads about this, but I'm wondering if any of you are actually planning to buy a subscription to Outpost's "Premium" service?

I've got free premium for another 359 days, so i'll see how Trading and Outpost are doing then. 

I really like having 35 trades and 30 minute auto-bump, it's so much more convenient (idc what bazaar has, it doesn't have the user-base to back it up)

I really like having 35 trades and 30 minute auto-bump, it's so much more convenient (idc what bazaar has, it doesn't have the user-base to back it up)

Just do what alot of traders are doing now, make a trade on aupost and link them to their buy now bot if you are not online :3

Just do what alot of traders are doing now, make a trade on aupost and link them to their buy now bot if you are not online :3

then it gets closed by admins

I'm going to stop using Outpost. 

Yup, see that guys, Chigga, an avid outposter, who can say NOTHING BUT PRAISE for that site, isn't going to continue using it. You should all take this as a sign and change before he is FORCED to leave. 

Yup, see that guys, Chigga, an avid outposter, who can say NOTHING BUT PRAISE for that site, isn't going to continue using it. You should all take this as a sign and change before he is FORCED to leave. 

Been using that site all my life, now sneeza breaks the sacred bond of perma donor with me.

What a douchenozzle.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198063505718 plz gibe hearts. share teh love <3

If outpost didn't do this, I would have never discovered the wonderful site that is bazaar.tf 

I never paid for anything for outpost, but I was so impressed with bazaar.tf, I donated for some privileges and will donate some more in the near future. 

Don't take a donation with claims that you are reasearching for a cure for cancer.

Then go ahead and buy the head scientist a Mercedes.

Then ask for more money. 

=

Donation for privileges.

Set up site that costs a lot of money and manpower with donations.

Ask for more money from the donators. 

I'm tempted to go report Sneeza on Steam Rep, saying he promised "donator rank for life", didn't hold up his end of the deal.

I'm kind of annoyed about this. $4.99 per month is ridiculous to ask, considering it actually works out to be the same amount per year as Xbox Live.

EDIT: I did it, I don't really care lol

I'm tempted to go report Sneeza on Steam Rep, saying he promised "donator rank for life", didn't hold up his end of the deal.

I'm kind of annoyed about this. $4.99 per month is ridiculous to ask, considering it actually works out to be the same amount per year as Xbox Live.

EDIT: I did it, I don't really care lol

1) He never promised it for life (he actually never put a time frame on it. Ever). 

2) You get a lot of bang for that $4.99

1) He never promised it for life (he actually never put a time frame on it. Ever). 

2) You get a lot of bang for that $4.99

1) Everyone assumed that it was for life. He never put a time frame on it, that implies it's for life. Are you saying that you're not angry that he is basically removing the service that you payed for? If you're not, let me ask you this: if Valve suddenly deleted your backpack with no reasonable justification, would you be angry? I think you would be. For example, say we do a PayPal trade. I give you $30 on PayPal in exchange for 12 keys. I later decide that this deal was not very convenient, and so I chargeback. I never said the money was going to last forever. Can you reasonably be angry with me?

2) Not really. I don't trade enough to make $60 per year worthwhile. Neither do the majority of donators, and he is scaring them away to Bazaar.tf. As numerous people have said, the only reason they use TF2Outpost over Bazaar was the user base. He's scaring away the user base.

1) Everyone assumed that it was for life. He never put a time frame on it, that implies it's for life. Are you saying that you're not angry that he is basically removing the service that you payed for? If you're not, let me ask you this: if Valve suddenly deleted your backpack with no reasonable justification, would you be angry? I think you would be. For example, say we do a PayPal trade. I give you $30 on PayPal in exchange for 12 keys. I later decide that this deal was not very convenient, and so I chargeback. I never said the money was going to last forever. Can you reasonably be angry with me?

2) Not really. I don't trade enough to make $60 per year worthwhile. Neither do the majority of donators, and he is scaring them away to Bazaar.tf. As numerous people have said, the only reason they use TF2Outpost over Bazaar was the user base. He's scaring away the user base.

bbbbbut premium is da bomb!

bbbbbut premium is da bomb!

Not really. I'm pretty sure it's about the same as the Blue rank, maybe premium offers several more trade slots. 

Theres a big difference between buying and donating. 

Not really. I'm pretty sure it's about the same as the Blue rank, maybe premium offers several more trade slots. 

10 more trades plus twice as many bumps

Theres a big difference between buying and donating. 

10 more trades plus twice as many bumps

1. There is a big difference between buying and donating, but when your "donation" explicitly states that you will be receiving a service in return, it's not a donation. The term donation is thrown around a lot in the gaming community, although in most examples they promise a service in return. It's not a donation. 

2. I forgot blue rank was once per hour, sorry, so you're saying that you get twice as many bumps? So the people who aren't premium get pushed farther down, having little to no chance of having their trade seen? And why would these people not go to Bazaar.tf? 

1. There is a big difference between buying and donating, but when your "donation" explicitly states that you will be receiving a service in return, it's not a donation. The term donation is thrown around a lot in the gaming community, although in most examples they promise a service in return. It's not a donation. 

2. I forgot blue rank was once per hour, sorry, so you're saying that you get twice as many bumps? So the people who aren't premium get pushed farther down, having little to no chance of having their trade seen? And why would these people not go to Bazaar.tf? 

1. They promised nothing. All they said was: "Donating up to _x_ will get you the following benefits:". It never says they'll last forever. 

2. Non-premium users can bump their trades every half hour. But, there were already too many donators for autobump to really matter much. Donating was too cheap for you were getting---which was why there were so many. 

1. They promised nothing. All they said was: "Donating up to _x_ will get you the following benefits:". It never says they'll last forever. 

2. Non-premium users can bump their trades every half hour. But, there were already too many donators for autobump to really matter much. Donating was too cheap for you were getting---which was why there were so many. 

1. They didn't say it wouldn't last forever, and so it's not very unreasonable to assume it would. Is it reasonable to be angry if your Steam account is removed for no reason, including all of your games and items? No, it's not, because Valve never said it would last forever, right?

2. I'm pretty sure the people who bump their trades every half hour are the same people who would buy a service like premium. They're going to hog the first page of trade results and the non donators are going to be hidden on the second. They'll probably all go to Bazaar.

3. Before you talk about Sneeza not being able to maintain the services with the money he receives, why does he make something that is worth paying for? An auto trading service, like Bazaar, for example. Donating two keys unlocks this feature. That's something I would gladly pay for. He's not offering anything new, he's just raising prices.

1. They didn't say it wouldn't last forever, and so it's not very unreasonable to assume it would. Is it reasonable to be angry if your Steam account is removed for no reason, including all of your games and items? No, it's not, because Valve never said it would last forever, right?

I wouldn't be mad if valve goes bankrupt, no one buys them out, resulting in the loss of my account. Thats like being mad at Sony because your system broke and they refuse to send you a free one.  

Sneezas offering a service which makes hundreds of thousands of people money. I think thats more then enough to warrant him making some money. 

I wouldn't be mad if valve goes bankrupt, no one buys them out, resulting in the loss of my account. Thats like being mad at Sony because your system broke and they refuse to send you a free one.  

Sneezas offering a service which makes hundreds of thousands of people money. I think thats more then enough to warrant him making some money. 

According to Steam Calculator, your games are worth $1155, and according to Backpack.tf, your inventory is worth roughly $2925. You wouldn't be mad if a company lost you around $4000? Yeah, alright.

That is enough to warrant him making some money, but $60 per year type money? No, I'm not paying it. Very few people are paying it. He's saying he doesn't have enough money to keep the site going, meanwhile he does tons of Unusual giveaways in the TF2OP group. What?

Also, it took me a while, about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUY1BCPRYw contains a picture of the old donate screen. It doesn't say anything about time, but here is what it does say:

There are currently three different levels of donations, each having an increasing amount of features. Donating up to $5 will get you the following benefits:

Benefits, etc.

I donated between $0.01-$5, and I don't see these benefits. It doesn't stipulate anything about time, so it's reasonable to believe that it is forever. When my premium subscription expires, I will have completed all of the requisites for the $0.01-$5 donation, but will not what it said I would get.

Also, Awesome, so close to 2000 posts.

Archived