How do you feel about.. cutting?

Senpai Absol~

It's fucking stupid. Speaking from the perspective of a weeaboo who has maybe 3 friends max, it's stupid as fuck. It solves nothing and never will.

There is no real reason for anyone to do it. That's the end of the debate, there is not a legitimate reason.

It really makes me sad.

compare it to this: youre wounded in battle, and the enemy is coming, so you shoot yourself in the foot. doesnt make any sense right? youre hindering yourself from getting past whatever is haunting you or making you feel sad.

I might be a total asshole saying this, because ive never gone through anything tough besides my dad dying. But to everyone out there going through something hard.. please dont take it out on yourself. Look to your friends, your teachers, even your friends on steam for help. Talk through your problems, dont cut through them :(

way i see it half the thread is giving reasons for why people do it and pleading with people to stop, and the other half just says its stupid and solves nothing. I have to say i'm in the ladder group as it doesn't help anyone

It really makes me sad.

compare it to this: youre wounded in battle, and the enemy is coming, so you shoot yourself in the foot. doesnt make any sense right? youre hindering yourself from getting past whatever is haunting you or making you feel sad.

kind of a bad example considering in that situation if nobody is there and you're wounded too badly, you might just shoot yourself in the head and end it all...

Cutting is the worst thing you can do ,but sadly most of the time is the only way out (if you don't want to hurt anyone you love/care about or break things).

When my ex left me she started to cut. One month later I randomly met her in a bus. At first look I couldn't recognise her because of cuts she did on her arms.

Then she explained that she did because we broke up ,but at the time I have been in tough situation. Either spend more time together with her or get to the better school i chose. After a little talk she accepted that I left her and we move on with our lives. Now I'm learning in my "dream" school and my ex enjoys her life with her new boyfriend.

Long story short, there are better ways to deal with stress (mine is listening to 4-8 hours of EDM a day)

saying it's stupid is unhelpful. it happens for a reason.

slightly off topic but continuing what cortana said about smoking, i have a friend who smokes as a way to avoid self harm. obviously it's kind of a less-immediate form of self-harm but i think the self-destructive instinct that can drive self harm can also factor into substance abuse/addiction.

slightly off topic but continuing what cortana said about smoking, i have a friend who smokes as a way to avoid self harm. obviously it's kind of a less-immediate form of self-harm but i think the self-destructive instinct that can drive self harm can also factor into substance abuse/addiction.

we say its stupid for a reason too, because it is. how does the concept of slicing yourself scream sensible to you?

The thread literally asks for your own opinion..

Also, saying it's good is also unhelpful. It is much better to realize how bad and pointless it is than to say it's a good way to relief "stress".

It truly is stupid, simply get up and move on with your life. If you don't want the problems you have then deal directly with them, don't use lame excuses to avoid them. Successful people and leaders are mentally strong people for a reason, therefore if someone wants to be happy then work for it. The government or other people aren't going to guide you in life like a kid.

I did it when I was about 16 for a couple weeks.

I started randomly when a CD of mine broke and left sharp pieces behind. I then removed the blade from a pencil sharpener and moved on with that.

It's a great way to calm down and reduce stress, it feels amazing in some strange way.

I'd do it right now again to calm down from all the stress I have, but I won't to it b/c my gf would beat the shit out of me. >:D

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, September 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, September 27, 2015 - No reason given

Also, saying it's good is also unhelpful. It is much better to realize how bad and pointless it is than to say it's a good way to relief "stress".

It truly is stupid, simply get up and move on with your life. If you don't want the problems you have then deal directly with them, don't use lame excuses to avoid them. Successful people and leaders are mentally strong people for a reason, therefore if someone wants to be happy then work for it. The government or other people aren't going to guide you in life like a kid.

200.gif

I personally could never think to cut myself. 1) That pain. I can handle bruising, but not cuts or anything of the like. 2) The vein(s) there at your wrist. I could never possibly thing about cutting that and am just disgusted by the thought of going through that.

Onto the topic of how I feel: I feel like it's bad in the long run. It's just like smoking and doing other drugs. At the time, you may feel relief doing it, but after a while, it just becomes harmful, from things such as messing up your mind to lung cancer. If anything I'd recommend just hauling mints over smoking. My mother used to smoke at least twice a day, and mints just helped her out of it, gradually. Cutting is similar, you can get hooked on feeling that pain and getting stress out, but it hurts in the long run. Changing up what you do can definitely help you convert away from cutting. If anything I'd recommend just taking your anger out on styrofoam head cutouts or something similar. You don't hurt anybody, even yourself, but just slaughtering a styrofoam head can help. Picking up hobbies such as archery and skeet shooting can also help, too. Just something stress relieving. Or simply just leave what is stressing you behind and don't look back and look into things that cannot possibly bring stress.

tl;dr: Pick up a hobby or something to take stress out on. Not yourself or anybody else.

He never implied one should say it's a good thing, I don't know where you got this from. Everyone who cuts knows it's a bad thing, you're not educating them. It's furthermore incredibly dull-minded to say "get up in your life and stop cutting". Hah, as if things were as simple as you depict them. Your oversimplification of life is absurd, you can't run away from your problems and there are hundreds of problems and factors contributing to self-harm one simply can't avoid. It's not about the problems, it's about how you handle them. Your "successful people are mentally strong" is 100% erroneous and issued out of pure ignorance, dozens of actors, military leaders and politicians have dozens of mental issues and weaknesses. You're speaking as if you're all-knowing of how people think and how their lives work. Allow me to burst your bubble-- one can't be happy if they work for it, that's not how life work. Often you will find yourself trapped in situations you can't do much against, often you will find yourself trapped by peer pressure and the progressive accumulation of problems in your life. It's, again, how people react to it that matters the most.

Your point of view is apathetic as fuck. It doesn't even look at humans at sentient, self-aware beings with emotions and thought processes. Why are you even bothering trying to partake in this discussion if you can't do the former? You're comfortably judging from a seat of ignorance and apathy. Allow me to rephrase your reasoning;

"If you want to be happy, all you have to do is work for it. You shouldn't receive any help from anyone to climb out of despair".

You might as well be giving everyone who cuts the middle finger.

He never implied one should say it's a good thing, I don't know where you got this from. Everyone who cuts knows it's a bad thing, you're not educating them. It's furthermore incredibly dull-minded to say "get up in your life and stop cutting". Hah, as if things were as simple as you depict them. Your oversimplification of life is absurd, you can't run away from your problems and there are hundreds of problems and factors contributing to self-harm one simply can't avoid. It's not about the problems, it's about how you handle them. Your "successful people are mentally strong" is 100% erroneous and issued out of pure ignorance, dozens of actors, military leaders and politicians have dozens of mental issues and weaknesses. You're speaking as if you're all-knowing of how people think and how their lives work. Allow me to burst your bubble-- one can't be happy if they work for it, that's not how life work. Often you will find yourself trapped in situations you can't do much against, often you will find yourself trapped by peer pressure and the progressive accumulation of problems in your life. It's, again, how people react to it that matters the most.

Your point of view is apathetic as fuck. It doesn't even look at humans at sentient, self-aware beings with emotions and thought processes. Why are you even bothering trying to partake in this discussion if you can't do the former? You're comfortably judging from a seat of ignorance and apathy. Allow me to rephrase your reasoning;

"If you want to be happy, all you have to do is work for it. You shouldn't receive any help from anyone to climb out of despair".

I would make a thousand alt accounts to like this more

Your pretty much saying everything that I would say yet but confidently about it.

I agree with you that leaders and such has mental issues, but that is the key phrase "mental issues". You see I actually agree with you that my way of phrasing things is apathetic, but it is truly important to remark the difference between mental issues, and cutting. My comment was meant only towards the cutting part, not mental issues. My comment is not, in any way, guided to people with metal issues, as they can't simply get up and work on their life's, but it is completely and only guided to cutting (as is this whole thread).

So yes I I agree with you since you took my comment as a general remark to people with problems.

As for the people who cut themselves then my comment still applies.

Edit: before cortana responds to me or anyone with different opinion, this is my last post, as I was only here to give my opinion as requested by OP, so I won't check this thread again.

I agree with you that leaders and such has mental issues, but that is the key phrase "mental issues". You see I actually agree with you that my way of phrasing things is apathetic, but it is truly important to remark the difference between mental issues, and cutting. My comment was meant only towards the cutting part, not mental issues. My comment is not, in any way, guided to people with metal issues, as they can't simply get up and work on their life's, but it is completely and only guided to cutting (as is this whole thread).

So yes I I agree with you since you took my comment as a general remark to people with problems.

As for the people who cut themselves then my comment still applies.

The second you admit your reasoning is generally apathetic, it doesn't stand in a debate where the topic is highly pertaining to emotion and personal problems. So you're saying someone who's addicted to cutting/cuts is 100% sane? I'm not saying those who cut are loonies who belong in an asylum, but there is definitely a disorder/issue going on with them. Are you denying that? You're implying those who cut can simply deal with their problems at any time but they choose not to. That's one hell of an ignorant thing to say when you know nothing of their lives and problems.

Yo NotWarlizard, it just sounds like you are completely out of your depth here.  

There are so many reasons why people cut themselves - out of sadness, out of feeling useless, out of depression - it's ridiculous to claim that these people need to 'man up'.  No, they need care and support, not some over-masculine shithead like you pretending he truly understands negative emotions.  

Instead of making people feel shit, how about you add some forumers and try talking to them about their problems?  They come here to feel better, not to feel even worse about themselves.  Go ahead, I dare you.

Life sucks, life is unfair and people are cunts. But self mutilation is not going to stop that, and neither is 'manning up' and just ignoring your problems and emotions. What you need to do is face your problems. Why do you want to cut yourself? What can you do about this. How can you make those reasons disappear. This is a process that can take months if not years but it's the only real solution to most mental problems.

Get help, either professional or from friends&family or better yet both. Sitting down and cutting yourself won't change the facts and you'll feel just as shitty tomorrow or next week.

Cutting, as all other self harming addictions is never a solution. It's a problem. What I say may seem harsh and it will definitely suck. But that's life man.

Life sucks, life is unfair and people are cunts. But self mutilation is not going to stop that, and neither is 'manning up' and just ignoring your problems and emotions. What you need to do is face your problems. Why do you want to cut yourself? What can you do about this. How can you make those reasons disappear. This is a process that can take months if not years but it's the only real solution to most mental problems.

Get help, either professional or from friends&family or better yet both. Sitting down and cutting yourself won't change the facts and you'll feel just as shitty tomorrow or next week.

Cutting, as all other self harming addictions is never a solution. It's a problem. What I say may seem harsh and it will definitely suck. But that's life man.

unfortunately, a lot of people that do cut have not the best kind of family, usually those that are abusive (IE my friend john) and many are under the age of 18 to seek medical help, or they are just too scared too, but everything you said is true and I agree with all of it, as cortana said its hard for certain people to stop, I stopped for months but recently got back into it due to problems with my father

unfortunately, a lot of people that do cut have not the best kind of family, usually those that are abusive (IE my friend john) and many are under the age of 18 to seek medical help, or they are just too scared too, but everything you said is true and I agree with all of it, as cortana said its hard for certain people to stop, I stopped for months but recently got back into it due to problems with my father

I don't know anything about the medical situation in your country of course but at least here you can always call people or visit people if you have mental health issues, especially if you are young. And yes of course your family won't be aa fairytale situation, if it were you probably wouldn't be wanting to cut yourself. But surely there is somebody you can talk to? An uncle, a sibling, your grandmother. Heck, talk to your teacher.

And I think it's an addiction not that dissimilar from something like heroin. It's bad for you, you know it's bad for you and you can't stop anyway. This is exactly why you need help. If you could fix all your problems easily by yourself we wouldn't be having this conversation. There are lots of awesome people out there who are willing to help you, and I'm sure you can find one in your area on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to die find others who want to die, create a suicide cult, go full jim jones

otherwise get the fuck over it, life is short, it will all be over soon

no use in suffering when you will be rotting in the ground in a few decades

I don't see it as anything other than pointless, and I advise against it, but once again people should be allowed to do whatever they want to themselves.

If you're doing it for one reason, and you want to stop, try finding another thing that gives you the same feeling as you get when you cut.

Just stay safe mate.

Archived