PETA is awful

Sakamoto

Hello all.

I am tired of the bullshit PETA pulls on the American public.

The militancy PETA has towards those who do not comply to their demands is hilarious.

I will try something, as I believe PETA deletes all negative comments on their Youtube videos. On one of my throwaway emails, I posted a comment on one of their videos. I'll see how fast it is deleted. Should be fun no?

6Csoc0q.png

Fun facts:

• PETA killed 70% of their animals last year in their shelters.
  • PETA was charged with 31 felon accounts in 2005 after dumping the bodies of their animals in a dumpster.
  • PETA killed 95% of their animals in 2012.
  • PETA thinks Harry Styles amounts to anything in life
  • PETA thinks that Sheep are killed for their wool
  • They suck their own dick 95% of the time

PETA also tries to use sex appeal to get supporters, which is just sad.

Some examples:

'Naked Bonnie-Jill Laflin Exposes the Cruelty of Hermès'

'Naked and Painted Joanna Krupa Makes Point Against Orca'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP5mzgkLLI8

This.

'This Crotch Knows How to Draw Interest in a #WoolFreeWinter'

This video was posted 4 times.

Discuss.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

I dont remember the article, but a family had their dog on the porch one day, and a PETA person saw this. They thought the dog looked hungry, so PETA broke into the fucking house and took the dog to their shelter. You can't do that.

EDIT: 

I found your comment so I guess that not all are deleted immediately at least.

I dont remember the article, but a family had their dog on the porch one day, and a PETA person saw this. They thought the dog looked hungry, so PETA broke into the fucking house and took the dog to their shelter. You can't do that.

EDIT: 

I found your comment so I guess that not all are deleted immediately at least.

The ending is a bit different than you said it, but maybe you might be referencing this?

Yes, PETA is terrible. What can you do about it?

The best approach is to stop spreading around their stuff.
Their youtube videos and those shitty flash games are intentionally provocative. The more PETA gets them shared, the more ad revenue they get. So in a way, if you want PETA to run out of money and go away already, your best bet is to stay away from their content. Sure, tell people you know about PETA's wrongdoings, like how they kill 90% of the animals they take away, but whatever you do, don't take their bait. Advocate against them without advertising them.

This is the same organisation that criticised Assassin's Creed for including harpooning missions because it would teach people that "harpooning was acceptable" - with that logic piracy, slavery and mass murder would be as well. Sadly the RSPCA seem to be drifting towards using similar militant methods.

possibly the most deserving 'l8' ever

to state the blindingly obvious, PETA give animal welfare activism three things.

1. a bad name

2. overfunded shitty ad campaigns,

3. more work to do

Considering my name I should respond.

The statistics you've listed are created by a foundation called PETAKillsAnimals. They are ran by the Centre for Consumer Freedom, a nefarious puppet foundation that was created by several lobbyist interests such as the Alcohol, Dairy, Tobacco and Meat industries. PETA have a pretty good response to the accusations levelled against them.

PETA do not run shelters per se, PETA are given the animals in worst condition and are asked to put them down. Those that approach them are normally from no-kill shelters who simply don't want to tarnish their records.

• PETA was charged with 31 felon accounts in 2005 after dumping the bodies of their animals in a dumpster.

This seems like a fair criticism but its hardly the crime of the century or enough to diminish the work they do.

Read my response to the first point

They are primarily a publicity group, if Harry Styles gets them some hits then good on them!

PETA do not think Sheep are killed for their wool by necessity, PETA believe that Sheep are accidentally killed or maimed in the production of wool, which is accurate. Some dodgier production companies do, in fact, slaughter at the last wool harvest for purposes of pet food and fast food in some European countries where the practice is allowed.

I do not agree with what PETA says on all topics. I do, however, think they are a force for good for veganism, I certainly wouldn't have become vegan without their existence. This isn't to say they converted me, however they certainly made veganism a household idea. Veganism is growing and a large part of that is thanks to the awareness PETA raise.

PETA do use sexist advertising and methods, in all honesty I don't see a massive issue with it after reading up on it, using sexist imagery does not necessitate that one is sexist. PETA are also far from the only group to use this sort of imagery, if you're interested in the topic of sexuality and food there is a pretty fantastic book called The Sexual Politics of Meat.

The Pokemon game was, again, another publicity stunt. They are an awareness group. They are raising awareness. It might be stupid but people still talk about it. It's working pretty well for trump currently.

@HarryG yes, they failed there and they issued a full apology and took responsibility for the behaviour. Can't really blame a couple of employees for the entire organisation. Some workers don't wash their hands at McDonalds, some republicans cheat on their wives, some Labour party candidates have private sector financial ties.

@Shamefurr Dispray They are an animal rights organisation. Again, publicity. It's a stupid avenue to go after but again it worked. They are not primarily concerned with slavery and murder. The RSPCA are not drifting towards PETA whatsoever. The RSPCA is in fact distancing itself from veganism and animal rights in general and has always been an animal welfare organisation. Welfarism vs Rights has been a massive debate with regards to the progress of our attitude toward animals and the two could not be further apart. A good example of an organisation that exist in between the two and do a fantastic job that I wholly support are Mercy for Animals. Mercy for Animals take welfare cases and attempt to use the legality of those cases to create rights without just going for publicity.

TL;DR: PETA are an awareness group, they raise awareness. They educate pretty successfully. PETA are not a no-kill shelter. PETA do not kill animals for fun. PETA say stupid things on purpose. Don't blame PETA for a couple bad employees. PETA are not "militant", grow up.

Various links for reading:

http://www.consumerdeception.com/index.asp

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Center_for_Consumer_Freedom#Funding

http://www.whoattackshsus.org/center-for-consumer-freedom/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sexual-Politics-Meat-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1441173285

Considering my name I should respond.

The statistics you've listed are created by a foundation called PETAKillsAnimals. They are ran by the Centre for Consumer Freedom, a nefarious puppet foundation that was created by several lobbyist interests such as the Alcohol, Dairy, Tobacco and Meat industries. PETA have a pretty good response to the accusations levelled against them.

PETA do not run shelters per se, PETA are given the animals in worst condition and are asked to put them down. Those that approach them are normally from no-kill shelters who simply don't want to tarnish their records.

This seems like a fair criticism but its hardly the crime of the century or enough to diminish the work they do.

Read my response to the first point

They are primarily a publicity group, if Harry Styles gets them some hits then good on them!

PETA do not think Sheep are killed for their wool by necessity, PETA believe that Sheep are accidentally killed or maimed in the production of wool, which is accurate. Some dodgier production companies do, in fact, slaughter at the last wool harvest for purposes of pet food and fast food in some European countries where the practice is allowed.

I do not agree with what PETA says on all topics. I do, however, think they are a force for good for veganism, I certainly wouldn't have become vegan without their existence. This isn't to say they converted me, however they certainly made veganism a household idea. Veganism is growing and a large part of that is thanks to the awareness PETA raise.

PETA do use sexist advertising and methods, in all honesty I don't see a massive issue with it after reading up on it, using sexist imagery does not necessitate that one is sexist. PETA are also far from the only group to use this sort of imagery, if you're interested in the topic of sexuality and food there is a pretty fantastic book called The Sexual Politics of Meat.

The Pokemon game was, again, another publicity stunt. They are an awareness group. They are raising awareness. It might be stupid but people still talk about it. It's working pretty well for trump currently.

@HarryG yes, they failed there and they issued a full apology and took responsibility for the behaviour. Can't really blame a couple of employees for the entire organisation. Some workers don't wash their hands at McDonalds, some republicans cheat on their wives, some Labour party candidates have private sector financial ties.

@Shamefurr Dispray They are an animal rights organisation. Again, publicity. It's a stupid avenue to go after but again it worked. They are not primarily concerned with slavery and murder. The RSPCA are not drifting towards PETA whatsoever. The RSPCA is in fact distancing itself from veganism and animal rights in general and has always been an animal welfare organisation. Welfarism vs Rights has been a massive debate with regards to the progress of our attitude toward animals and the two could not be further apart. A good example of an organisation that exist in between the two and do a fantastic job that I wholly support are Mercy for Animals. Mercy for Animals take welfare cases and attempt to use the legality of those cases to create rights without just going for publicity.

TL;DR: PETA are an awareness group, they raise awareness. They educate pretty successfully. PETA are not a no-kill shelter. PETA do not kill animals for fun. PETA say stupid things on purpose. Don't blame PETA for a couple bad employees. PETA are not "militant", grow up.

Various links for reading:

http://www.consumerdeception.com/index.asp

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Center_for_Consumer_Freedom#Funding

http://www.whoattackshsus.org/center-for-consumer-freedom/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sexual-Politics-Meat-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1441173285

Did you create an account to stand up for PETA?

Forum account? Yeah. It's a topic I've read on and the discussion was ridiculous.

I'm not even a PETA fan boy but this was a ridiculous circle jerk.

I thought everybody knew this.

Sadly, no.

possibly the most deserving 'l8' ever

to state the blindingly obvious, PETA give animal welfare activism three things.

1. a bad name

2. overfunded shitty ad campaigns,

3. more work to do

As you can see clearly by the educated individual above me, many people are unaware of this, but this forum watches Filthy Frank so y'know.

@UTF-A Vegan?!

So, you're saying you support killing 'saved' animals?

I am a no-kill advocate, for most animals. 

Why even be a vegan? Why not a vegetarian? Afraid milk will give you autism?

NDC-slams-science-behind-resurfaced-PETA

Not a particularly good response. I support reducing animal suffering as far as practical and possible.

Dairy directly funds the veal industry and cheap beef industry. The cows, at latest, are killed at 7 years old, a fraction of their natural lifespan. Their lives aren't what I deem to be fair or appropriate. Any milk you get is milk their calf misses out on, overproduction of milk is a major cause of mastitis. This is before I mention the terrible environmental consequences of animal agriculture.

The positive health effects of veganism are a nice added benefit but not a huge aspect of my reason to be vegan. Dairy does have a positive correlation with osteoporosis and diabetes along with positive indicators for increased mtor pathway activation (responsible for many cancers and general mortality).

Of course I don't support killing "saved" animals but I'd far prefer to see PETA doing it respectfully than by regular kill shelters. PETA aren't perfect and aren't who I support but they are preferable to the RSPCA.

I am not aware of any link between milk and autism although I do know that PETA latched on to a half dozen studies that purported a correlation but it wasn't a casual study.

Can't edit on my phone, sorry.

In response to the why vegan why not vegetarian comment? I was vegetarian for a few years and even then mocked vegans until I researched deeper on the subject and reviewed my own beliefs finding my stances to be hypocritical.

With eggs we have the horrible processing in hatcheries prior to the egg production itself. If someone had rescue hens in their garden I personally see no massive issue in them consuming the eggs (the vegan society's definition of veganism being: to reduce animal exploitation where possible and practicable). Some chickens do eat their own eggs to regain lost calcium but this can be avoided by feeding them properly. I wouldnt eat eggs due to the health side but as far as vegans go I wouldn't particularly mind that.

Milk is a far too deep subject to go into but if you are actually interested add me and I'll send some links for research.

So, you're saying you support killing 'saved' animals?

I am a no-kill advocate, for most animals. 

Why even be a vegan? Why not a vegetarian? Afraid milk will give you autism?

But plants are living creatures too!!!

The Pokemon game was, again, another publicity stunt.

Once is a stunt, twice is childish, and three times (counting the Mario game) is trying to piss people off.

The positive health effects of veganism are a nice added benefit but not a huge aspect of my reason to be vegan. Dairy does have a positive correlation with osteoporosis and diabetes along with positive indicators for increased mtor pathway activation (responsible for many cancers and general mortality).

Bruh..... Do you even know what osteoporosis is? It's when your body needs more calcium and starts absorbing your bones for the calcium. (Or when your body can make new bone fast enough or starts absorbing your old bone too fast) This happens because your don't have enough calcium in your diet in the first place. By not getting your diary, you're most like to get osteoporosis.

FTW, correlation does not equal causation 

I mean, one of the higher ups, atleast this is what I recall from what I read, firebombed an animal research facility, which was trying to support both animals and humans in their studies, rather than actually hurt the animals. So, I mean, I'm not blaming them all, but there are some dumbfucks in that group that will take it to the level over the next level.

Archived