Your parents have failed you if you are watching gaming videos on Twitch and Youtube.

AFFIRMATIVE

According to Jimmy Kimmel.

And because of that, people that were in the category that jimmy joked about are now hating every video that is posted on his channel.

If people would've had anything better to contribute besides insulting him then maybe he wouldn't have made such a fuss about since those insults just gave him more comedy material to work with and you lost more credibility by responding only with insults.

So what do you think about this topic that i clickbaited you in ?

7,421 likes 111,927 dislikes.

lmao, mad gamers are mad

Well yeah, its branding the fact that people see playing games as a waste of time. But they dont question the parents who sit around and watch TV all the time anysuch. A kid wants to go home and play/watch games. big deal. a parent wants to go home and watch tv when they get home. Both are sat in front of a screen, both have a life they wish to live and both are "free" (i use the term free lightly) people in this society. but because over obsessive mothers/fathers/media want to portray gamer's and gaming as a whole as a BAD thing and a negative on the brain regarding child development, they wish to attack and try and make us seem like bad people. It happens all the time, it happened with TV, with unusual music types (rock n roll when that first was introduced was shunned as devil music and now we have explicit songs on everyday radio about some coked up airhead getting banged by a stranger after a night out. nice going) At the moment, games and gamers are a hot topic for media because unfortunately the media reports on what gets people going and for some bizarre reason, this happens to be gamer's and kids who play/watch games and NOT something that actually matters in this planet

rant over

If Jimmy Kimmel were born in a society where grown-ups eat children for supper, he'd perceive those who refuse to do so and instead practice a different hobby as socially deviant and negative.

Of course, he's not enough of a bigot to believe his opinion is a fact; hell, odds are he knows he's wrong. He's doing it for the attention and the money. Do you really think the media cares about the intellectual level of the bullshit they spit everyday? As long as it has an ounce of credibility, they'll make millions off it.

I thought the video was pretty lighthearted and funny, everyone is so offended about everything nowadays

he even admits that he might be getting old and out of touch, and I agree it's a pretty dumb concept

however I feel like making those response videos is kinda unprofessional

I thought the video was pretty lighthearted and funny, everyone is so offended about everything nowadays

he even admits that he might be getting old and out of touch, and I agree it's a pretty dumb concept

however I feel like making those response videos is kinda unprofessional

if i turned to you and said if you let your kids watch anything made by disney that you failed as a parent for not making them watch something educational you'd have a different say in the matter. thats pretty much what he did here, he took a virtually everyday thing and called anyone who allows their kid to do so a failure. that, regardless of a joke or not, is gonna piss a lot of people off

Well yeah, its branding the fact that people see playing games as a waste of time. But they dont question the parents who sit around and watch TV all the time anysuch. A kid wants to go home and play/watch games. big deal. a parent wants to go home and watch tv when they get home. Both are sat in front of a screen, both have a life they wish to live and both are "free" (i use the term free lightly) people in this society. but because over obsessive mothers/fathers/media want to portray gamer's and gaming as a whole as a BAD thing and a negative on the brain regarding child development, they wish to attack and try and make us seem like bad people. It happens all the time, it happened with TV, with unusual music types (rock n roll when that first was introduced was shunned as devil music and now we have explicit songs on everyday radio about some coked up airhead getting banged by a stranger after a night out. nice going) At the moment, games and gamers are a hot topic for media because unfortunately the media reports on what gets people going and for some bizarre reason, this happens to be gamer's and kids who play/watch games and NOT something that actually matters in this planet

rant over

tl;dr, gamers get mad when someone points out they should go outside.

And it's true, my parents saved me , I used to be a hardcore gamer, but with parents discipline, now I have a perfect social life.

If I enjoy watching videos of people showing me gameplay I haven't seen, or a speedrun, or a walkthrough, how does that make my parents the ones at fault if it's something that makes me happy when I come home from work? What if I watch people play the games for me because I can't afford the game and I enjoy the story? This guy is ragging on something he knows NOTHING about.

tl;dr, gamers get mad when someone points out they should go outside.

And it's true, my parents saved me , I used to be a hardcore gamer, but with parents discipline, now I have a perfect social life.

So you needed outside help to become a functioning member of society and believe other people are morons for not being you? Classy.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, September 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, September 3, 2015 - No reason given

If I enjoy watching videos of people showing me gameplay I haven't seen, or a speedrun, or a walkthrough, how does that make my parents the ones at fault if it's something that makes me happy when I come home from work? What if I watch people play the games for me because I can't afford the game and I enjoy the story? This guy is ragging on something he knows NOTHING about.

So you needed outside help to become a functioning member of society and believe other people are morons for not being you? Classy.

You are still upset when I called you a shit CSGO trader giving bad advice, now you make negative comments about me everywhere.

10/Salty

Is he not entitled to his own opinion or something? It is a rather silly concept to watch people play games and I understand his views.

Some people cant afford video games, so if they want to see what its about they'll have to watch it, if somebody wants to buy a game but not sure if its bad and doesn't just want to see reviews but real gameplay they can watch somebody play

(oh and i'm not offended by the video, I thought it was pretty funny, just sayin what I think)

Some people cant afford video games, so if they want to see what its about they'll have to watch it, if somebody wants to buy a game but not sure if its bad and doesn't just want to see reviews but real gameplay they can watch somebody play

(oh and i'm not offended by the video, I thought it was pretty funny, just sayin what I think)

There are 2 sides to the argument. Both are correct. Yes he did over-exaggerate it but that's his job as a comedian.

Some people ( like CARES ) have shit computers, so they have to watch the games on YouTube, etc. I have a good computer, but I still watch plenty of gaming vids, because most are funny. It's just funny how everyone got salty over it. Like Debra said, he's a comedian and people took it too seriously.

I'm pretty sure that the whole silly concept he regarded when people watch other people play games was as a direct form of entertainment, not informing yourself on what game to play or what level to pass by or what game to buy, just direct entertainment from other people playing rather than going to watch a football match or a tv show or a movie.

I have watched jimmy kimmel for some time and i'm pretty sure he doesn't give a crap if people like watching others play video games or not. It was just a comedy topic that he thought it didn't had as many people involved in it and he poke some fun at it without realizing that in fact there are a lot of people that do that, hell the nr. 1 most subscribed channel on youtube is someone who has his audience watch him play video games.

Its still a concept of entertainment that is foreign to a lot of people. But giving death threats, threatening him with diseases for him and his family is never a good response.. especially if it was for something trivial as a joke.

I'm pretty sure that the whole silly concept he regarded when people watch other people play games was as a direct form of entertainment, not informing yourself on what game to play or what level to pass by or what game to buy, just direct entertainment from other people playing rather than going to watch a football match or a tv show or a movie.

I have watched jimmy kimmel for some time and i believe he doesn't give a crap if people like watching others play video games or not. It was just a comedy topic that he thought it didn't had as many people involved in it and he poke some fun at it without realizing that in fact there are a lot of people that do that, hell the nr. 1 most subscribed channel on youtube is someone who has his audience watch him playing video games.

Its still a concept of entertainment that are foreign to people that are not aware of it. But giving death threats, threatening him with diseases for him and his family is never a good response.. especially if it was for something trivial as his joke.

It's because this was trending on /b/ and /vg/ recently.

Normal gamers accept this as a joke.

Salty gamers went full rage mode on this.

Some people watch other people play videogames to get better. Others check out videogames on youtube to see if they like the game or no. Let's not even start talking on the amount of different things you can do in a game that the youtuber did and you didn't. He has a point tho, i'll give him that. But he still has no clue what he's really talking about.

Some people ( like CARES ) have shit computers, so they have to watch the games on YouTube, etc. I have a good computer, but I still watch plenty of gaming vids, because most are funny. It's just funny how everyone got salty over it. Like Debra said, he's a comedian and people took it too seriously.

Mhm like me as well, I have a trash PC that only runs csgo at like 20-25 fps, and I cant run most games so I have to watch games on youtube

Some people watch other people play videogames to get better. 

I also agree with this soo much, gaming vids are soo usefull when you're stuck playing your game and you need a tutorial. And so on.

It's sad he didn't mention girl streamers who "game" for money, by shoving their boobs infront of the cam.

It's because this was trending on /b/ and /vg/ recently.

Normal gamers accept this as a joke.

Salty gamers went full rage mode on this.

It doesn't matter, its the salty ones that are always in the spotlight.

Its the same reason Anita Sarkeesian takes advantage to death threats instead of listening to compelling arguments. It gives her the moral ground in making other people on the first glance to take side with her (like John Oliver and his writers) hence making her relevant.

It doesn't matter, its the salty ones that are always in the spotlight.

Its the same reason Anita Sarkeesian takes advantage to death threats instead of listening to compelling arguments. It gives her the moral ground in making other people on the first glance to take side with her (like John Oliver and his writers) hence making her relevant.

Yup true, people just like making drama outta nothing.

People watch other people play games because it's fun, I know a massive amount of Muselk's and Ster's fans are ex-TF2 players. They may not enjoy the game any more, but they still watch TF2 on youtube.

Oh noes this random dude said something I don't like, better get irrationally angry.

Why is the entire world so fucking sensitive these days? Why can nobody take a joke anymore? Comedians are meant to be offensive, jokes are supposed to be racist, discriminatory and rude. That's the whole fucking point of comedy, to point out the flaws in society

It's not just restricted to sports, basically anything we watch on TV can be compared to watching someone playing video games.

Why do people watch cooking commentaries instead of cooking themselves?

Why do people watch detective shows instead of being a detective themselves?

Why do people watch drama shows instead of getting involved in a drama instead?

Why do people watch cliche horror movies about some guys in a forest instead of going into a forest and experience the horror themselves?

Why do people watch some biologists capture dangerous animals instead of going into the wild and catching them themselves?

And finally, for the part where the guy compares gamers to someone going to a restaurant and watching someone else eat their food, that's technically what chefs do in restaurants. Why do they watch other people eat their food instead of eating them themselves?

That aside, the guy was rather funny. 10/10, would definitely try the Youtube Watch service. People are simply getting too salty over a comedian. 

Archived