my frying pan is... gone

Will Banks

so I got on tf2 and discovered my frying pan wasn't in my inventory, I had no memory or deleting it or trading it away. I checked my trade history and saw that I did not trade a pan. I didn't delete it, or any item. And I would say I got my account jacked but I didn't get the email that my account was being accessed from someone new, and what hacker would just take my account jsut to take my frying pan and not anything worth more? idk I'll contact steam support but its just fucking weird. has this ever happend to anyone?

If it's of any help-- friend of mine removed a pro kf knife kit from the market and it was nowhere to be found, a few minutes later he found it in his bp.

Why are you so concerned about an item worth a couple scraps?

Are a few cents that important to you that you would waste time making a post?

not everyone has 1000s worth of virtual hats

Well, if what he says is true, then he has every right to be concerned. Today, it may have been a frying pan, but in the future possibly an unusual? I frankly don't see how you're contributing to the topic.

Try Steam Support? Or maybe you can track it via your backpack a few days back when you had it? 

what if it happened to your unusual?

what if it happened to your unusual?

in that case he'd make a thread and contact support lol

but he wouldn't do that for a pan.

anyways looking at your bp history,it was there on the 23rd and "gone" on the 24th and onwards.

did you check your trade history ? even if hijacked,it would yunno. show. 

Be patient when waiting for Steam Support, it can take 3-7 days. Make sure to check your backpack once in a while to see that it didn't reappear since Steam has been acting up lately. 

Thats how i lost my vintage gunboats. Didnt trade them nor sell them on the scm, checked literally every piece of history i could,it just dissapeared.

You must be very ignorant to not understand the differences in the value of a unique frying pan and an unusual.

you must be ignorant to not understand some people dont have as much as you do, and therefore items worth less to you will be more valuable to them.

also, ever heard of sentimental value? you dont seem to utilize common sense here.

By the way, check your trade history one more time to make sure you didn't trade it.

you can do this by going to inventory > more > inventory history 

You don't need virtual hats to not be concerned about a couple cents of virtual items "disappearing"

Even if someone's backpack was worth $5, why would they make a huge post about it and such a big scene? They could simply contact Steam support, but even that would be extensive. 

How would it be an unusual? If he was hijacked, it would've shown in the trade history and there have not been that many occurrences of unusuals dissapearing

so youre saying a homeless person shouldnt care if their life savings suddenly disappeared from them along with the chances of their next meal?

even if there arent many occurrences of them disappearing, they still can disappear, youre crazily naive to the fact that because you have more than he does you are not entitled to judge what is important to him and what isnt

or maybe hes just curious as to how it happened? ever thought of that?

You must be very ignorant to not understand the differences in the value of a unique frying pan and an unusual.

You must be very ignorant to not understand the lack of differences in the value of a unique frying pan and an unusual to whatever this glitch is. The glitch doesn't care if your item is worth $0.05 or $500, everything is at risk.

Also as explained above, personal value can be heavily dependent on the ratio of an item's value to the person's backpack value.

Oh, and OP: I'd suggest turning on e-mail confirmation for trades and contacting steam support.

If Steam support doesn't fix it, feel free to add me. I may be able to get an extra pan for you!

I've seen this issue happen in the past so just be patient. Not sure how to fix it though since it hasn't happened to me as far as I know.  

The user could've simply contacted Steam support in this case if it had sentimental value or they wanted the item back. 

If they themselves found no way the item could've disappeared, how do they expect third party users to find the pan, especially if it wasn't traded away?

Once again, you're bringing my backpack into this (something that probably has to do with a personal issue). If you're going to make a response to my comment, it should remain subjective on not be targeting me because of my backpack since it seems you have no other comeback.

third party users could provide some information as to how it disappeared, youre assuming we're all useless here and have nothing to add

bringing your backpack has nothing to do with being subjective, i suggest you look into the definition of the word because my comparison has nothing to do with your wealth specifically 

so youre saying a homeless person shouldnt care if their life savings suddenly disappeared from them along with the chances of their next meal?

even if there arent many occurrences of them disappearing, they still can disappear, youre crazily naive to the fact that because you have more than he does you are not entitled to judge what is important to him and what isnt

or maybe hes just curious as to how it happened? ever thought of that?

You're the naive one here. How dare you compare a homeless person's life savings to a virtual item worth a couple cents?! 

What does me having more then he does have anything to do with it?!?!?! Even if someone has $1 they still shouldn't make such a huge worry about losing a couple cents of VIRTUAL items. If he was just curious, he wouldn't contact steam support since he's clearly trying to get the item (which he most likely deleted or traded away) back

*ignorant talk*

Jesus christ, you sound so fucking pretentious.

So what if the item is worth a few scrap, he obviously cared a lot of about to give a shit about it, pretty sure you would be making a thread/status update if you lost an unusual(s) out of nowhere. At this rate you are just digging a deeper hole than you need to

The user could've simply contacted Steam support in this case if it had sentimental value or they wanted the item back. 

If they themselves found no way the item could've disappeared, how do they expect third party users to find the pan, especially if it wasn't traded away?

Once again, you're bringing my backpack into this (something that probably has to do with a personal issue). If you're going to make a response to my comment, it should remain subjective on not be targeting me because of my backpack since it seems you have no other comeback.

Obviously he's asking to see if anyone else has had this issue. THEREFORE, creating a thread about it would be acceptable.

so I got on tf2 and discovered my frying pan wasn't in my inventory, I had no memory or deleting it or trading it away. I checked my trade history and saw that I did not trade a pan. I didn't delete it, or any item. And I would say I got my account jacked but I didn't get the email that my account was being accessed from someone new, and what hacker would just take my account jsut to take my frying pan and not anything worth more? idk I'll contact steam support but its just fucking weird. has this ever happend to anyone?

AS YOU CAN SEE. He's asking 'HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO SOMEONE?'

He's clearly just curious to see if anyone has had this issue. Holy crapperino.

Nobody asked you to come in. If you're not going to contribute to the topic at hand, I don't see why you are becoming part of the argument. 

Your comment was completely useless as you are yourself and mind you, a status update is very different from a thread. A status update would be acceptable for this type of issue but creating a whole thread to losing a UNIQUE weapon is just preposterous.  

you obviously didnt read the post as apollo pointed out

Nobody asked you to come in. If you're not going to contribute to the topic at hand, I don't see why you are becoming part of the argument. 

Your comment was completely useless as you are yourself. 

Implying the comment of "Why are you so concerned about an item worth a couple scraps?" is contributing to the this whole thread in general.

This is a public forum so I'm allowed to speak my mind on topics.

and sorry if I triggered you so much you had to throw in an insult about how i'm useless.

One time, I listed my professional killstreak on the market and then removed it, and it didn't show in my inventory or on the market for around 20 minutes then appeared. Steam API might've been down then though.  

A status update would be okay if he/she was just curious about whether someone else encountered this problem. The user is clearly overly concerned about their own loss of a couple cents.

"so I got on tf2 and discovered my frying pan wasn't in my inventory, I had no memory or deleting it or trading it away. I checked my trade history and saw that I did not trade a pan. I didn't delete it, or any item. And I would say I got my account jacked but I didn't get the email that my account was being accessed from someone new, and what hacker would just take my account jsut to take my frying pan and not anything worth more? idk I'll contact steam support but its just fucking weird. has this ever happend to anyone?"

how in the hell does this scream OVERLY CONCERNED about losing money?? hes concerned about how it could happen to other people, and contacting support could prevent that

Next time, if you have an issue that you want feedback on quickly, status updates can be created rather then threads

Archived