TF2 Trader Logic

100 Degrees Leather Jacket

Crafted stock weapons (and Black Rose) from the Gun Mettle update, of which there are many of, are worth more than the crafted festives from 2014. Nice logic TF2 trader community.

Maybe because the Festives got patched quickly, unlike the Stock ones, and people don't like the latest Festive weapons?

totally deserves it's own thread

I read this three times to actually understand what you were trying to say.

I don't think it should be much of a surprise to anyone that crafted stocks, strange normal variants, and suddenly obtainable "Rare" versions of certain promo items are going to be gone after far more than a few crafted festives from 2014, especially when you consider the general consensus states that the festives are getting less impressive with each passing year.

Yes, there are more of the crafted stocks/normal weapons/black roses and etc than the festives but you also must consider how many people want to own these, not that many people have any interest in crafted festives but the idea of a Strange Normal weapon is likely intriguing to many and as more are bought up and put back on the market you'll likely find yourself having to pay more and more for them as they are popular.

Or maybe a wizard did it, who knows.

Maybe because the Festives got patched quickly, unlike the Stock ones, and people don't like the latest Festive weapons?

totally deserves it's own thread

How can you not like a festive shotgun though? If people seek crafted items because of their rarity then it only makes sense that the festives would be worth more. And I've seen people offer a lot more than the past festives for shitty stock melees like a crafted Fire Axe.

Of course it does.

I read this three times to actually understand what you were trying to say.

I don't think it should be much of a surprise to anyone that crafted stocks, strange normal variants, and suddenly obtainable "Rare" versions of certain promo items are going to be gone after far more than a few crafted festives from 2014, especially when you consider the general consensus states that the festives are getting less impressive with each passing year.

Yes, there are more of the crafted stocks/normal weapons/black roses and etc than the festives but you also must consider how many people want to own these, not that many people have any interest in crafted festives but the idea of a Strange Normal weapon is likely intriguing to many and as more are bought up and put back on the market you'll likely find yourself having to pay more and more for them as they are popular.

Or maybe a wizard did it, who knows.

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Strange Normals and their price is fully justified. It's just the crafted weapons which people seem to normally not give two shits about rare crafted items and now there's all this sudden hype for weapons that aren't even that rare.

How can you not like a festive shotgun though? If people seek crafted items because of their rarity then it only makes sense that the festives would be worth more. And I've seen people offer a lot more than the past festives for shitty stock melees like a crafted Fire Axe.

Of course it does.

Because the new festives look like shit, compared to the first wave?

Because the new festives look like shit, compared to the first wave?

I agree that the Bonk and Chargin' Targe are not as appealing, but the Shotgun is great and the Backburner is quite ok. And who even uses a Fire Axe?

I agree that the Bonk and Chargin' Targe are not as appealing, but the Shotgun is great and the Backburner is quite ok. And who even uses a Fire Axe?

Someone with a crafted variant, that's who.

Someone with a crafted variant, that's who.

Sure, but my point still stands.

If you want the value to rise, buy them for a higher value. No one cares if you think this and that. It's like "omg why is scorching TC not 5000 keys when burning is 6600?!?!?!1" Demand. It's what people want for the item and how much people want to pay for the item. People don't want crafted 2014 festives? Well, sucks for whomever tries to sell them.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26593036

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26116134

as I suspected. waaah waaah I'm shitposting because people aren't buying my stuff

Get over it. People pay what they want for what they want. I don't pay jackshit for stuff like painted manglers because I don't care about them. I pay more for summer text cosmetics because I collect them. That's just how trading is.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26593036

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26116134

as I suspected. waaah waaah I'm shitposting because people aren't buying my stuff

Get over it. People pay what they want for what they want. I don't pay jackshit for stuff like painted manglers because I don't care about them. I pay more for summer text cosmetics because I collect them. That's just how trading is.

I was expecting this post, and if anyone here is shitposting is you my friend. I'm not "complaining" that the price is how it is, I'm a collector myself and I'm perfectly fine with keeping my crafted Black Rose and my self-crafted Festive Bonk Atomic Punch. Learn to read and refrain from posting cancer like this.

If you want the value to rise, buy them for a higher value. No one cares if you think this and that. It's like "omg why is scorching TC not 5000 keys when burning is 6600?!?!?!1" Demand. It's what people want for the item and how much people want to pay for the item. People don't want crafted 2014 festives? Well, sucks for whomever tries to sell them.

Read my other post instead of sounding like a moron. I don't "want" the value to rise. I'm just saying it makes little sense that people just now start to care for barely-rare crafted items when no one gave a shit about them in the past.

No one gave the crafted festives much thought because they weren't as common, or acknowledged around that time. Not many players were into rare festives, they wanted strange ones, or ones they can just get for normal price. Now in the latest black rose fiasco, so many people already liked the black rose, so reluctantly, people wanted the tradable variants. Plus the only way to get a black rose before the tradable ones was possibly get gift-wrap scammed. It's just demand. Demand and convenience.

I was expecting this post, and if anyone here is shitposting is you my friend. I'm not "complaining" that the price is how it is, I'm a collector myself and I'm perfectly fine with keeping my crafted Black Rose and my self-crafted Festive Bonk Atomic Punch. Learn to read and refrain from posting cancer like this.

>15 posts

>k

So keep them. Stop complaining about how people don't want your stuff. If you're a collector, then collect. It's so simple.

Read my other post instead of sounding like a moron.

You come here asking questions, making sarcastic comments, then insult everyone because they gave you a response you didn't like? Edgy as fuck. So 0r1g1n4l. Grow the fuck up buddy.

>15 posts

>k

So keep them. Stop complaining about how people don't want your stuff. If you're a collector, then collect. It's so simple.

You come here asking questions, making sarcastic comments, then insult everyone because they gave you a response you didn't like? Edgy as fuck. So 0r1g1n4l. Grow the fuck up buddy.

I already told you I'm not "complaining", I'm just stating things as they are. I just fucking told you I don't mind keeping my stuff, and if no one else wants it so be it. "Insult everyone" applies only to you and whatever other retards decide to post fallacies. If anyone needs growing up, is you. "Asking questions" you say, asking who uses Fire Axes or who doesn't like Festive Shotguns, big deal? There's no sarcasm in my comments buddy, apart from the OP.

Read my other post instead of sounding like a moron. I don't "want" the value to rise. I'm just saying it makes little sense that people just now start to care for barely-rare crafted items when no one gave a shit about them in the past.

Then use a status update. If you came here for a discussion, youll likely get answers traders SHOULD already know:

1. Supply vs demand

2. Tf2 prices are unpredictable

If you are a collector you should alteady know this. This really looks more like a rant rather than a real discussion

I already told you I'm not "complaining"

people seem to normally not give two shits about rare crafted items and now there's all this sudden hype for weapons that aren't even that rare.

Crafted stock weapons (and Black Rose) from the Gun Mettle update, of which there are many of, are worth more than the crafted festives from 2014. Nice logic TF2 trader community.

Sure, but my point still stands.

I highlighted your complaints for you in case you missed them. You're welcome. Love you bby.

Stop ranting, get on with your life. You're not the first to whine about nobody wanting your stuff, you're not the last. Thanks for playing.

We'll see you next time on: I Paid Too Much for "Rare" Items No One Wants! *cue theme music*

Then use a status update. If you came here for a discussion, youll likely get answers traders SHOULD already know:

1. Supply vs demand

2. Tf2 prices are unpredictable

If you are a collector you should alteady know this. This really looks more like a rant rather than a real discussion

I know how supply and demand works, there's not a problem with that. I'm really just poking at how literally no one ever cared about items like these in the past but now they do. I guess it's possible that the increased number made them more well known amongst the trading community...

I highlighted your complaints for you in case you missed them. You're welcome. Love you bby.

Stop ranting, get on with your life. You're not the first to whine about nobody wanting your stuff, you're not the last. Thanks for playing.

We'll see you next time on: I Paid Too Much for "Rare" Items No One Wants! *cue theme music*

Those aren't complaints you goddamn idiot, you need to look up what the word "complain" actually means. Also, I paid virtually nothing for basically everything I have thus far, it was all bought with gifts from friends (especially the Bonk and the Black Rose, the Bonk I crafted myself and the Black Rose was a gift from a friend. If I'm "complaining", how come I have both a Bonk and Black Rose?). So I never paid too much for "rare" items or whatever the fuck fallacy you want to come up with, little kid. Refrain from posting cancer ever again.

k

prostate_cells2.jpg

Dammit, I already fucked up.

Have fun with your "high post count masterrace" mentality and your "like bait" comments.

Those aren't complaints you goddamn idiot, you need to look up what the word "complain" actually means.

com·plain

kÉ™mˈplÄn
verb
verb: complain; 3rd person present: complains; past tense: complained; past participle: complained; gerund or present participle: complaining
express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

You're welcome. Is that not what you are doing?

com·plain

kÉ™mˈplÄn
verb
verb: complain; 3rd person present: complains; past tense: complained; past participle: complained; gerund or present participle: complaining
express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

You're welcome.

Except I'm not dissatisfied or annoyed in the slightest. Sarcasm doesn't imply such and neither does arguing a point. As I've said before, I have a Bonk and a Black Rose (hint, BOTH of them). I made a post regarding the value of the second being higher than the value of the first, when both are the same kind of item (glitched crafted) and one is less rare than the other. Simple, no complaining, no nothing.

Except I'm not dissatisfied or annoyed in the slightest. Sarcasm doesn't imply such and neither does arguing a point. As I've said before, I have a Bonk and a Black Rose (hint, BOTH of them). I made a post regarding the value of the second being higher than the value of the first, when both are the same kind of item (glitched crafted) and one is less rare than the other. Simple, no complaining, no nothing.

Mmh. Deny what you want. I'm guessing you're at that age where you like to call people kid because it makes you feel high and mighty. I wouldn't jump up onto that horse when the only way you can ride is side-saddle.

Annnnnnnnnnnnyways,your complaint question has already been answered in the thread. Thread's over. No reason to post it in the first place. You're just not being the neighbor Mr. Rogers knew you could be here. I'm out, have fun.

Requesting topic lock.

Archived