The Gun Mettle Update

Mr. Baconstrips

How will killstreaks work with the item pick-up?

Who knows, I mean there is already a glitch that lets Pyros without a killstreak to get an active killstreak so *shrugs*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this kind of csgo replica will add some depth to trading again. 

And the first to get an unusual weapon will make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"in-depth trading"

as rainford joked about - people can use aimbot and other hacks and easily finish contracts, and thus get skins. Valve gets money from hackers buying the passes - hackers get money from selling the skins.

ITT update salt

I want this update, but my god, the skins look fugly. WHERE IS THE AWPER HAND ASIMOV  VOLVO? YOU HAD ONE JOB

I welcome this update.

I don't care if i have to pay money, TF2 just got exciting again!

I don't get why everyone is so pissed

there are so many elements to this update that improve the game and show valve has committed time to it, the CSGO elements they ripped off might actually be pretty cool. They've taken successful elements from CSGO and added them to TF2, with some pretty neat skins and stuff. New maps are cool, comic is good, taunts are nice, and the class balancing is great. The gameplay changes are fucking awesome, regardless of whether they took it from CSGO, because who cares? Everyone is always upset every update, it's the equivalent to the people who say that the market will crash every time keys go up.

at the very least, we'll get some cool star+jerma tf2 videos, I see no downside to this update

I don't get why everyone is so pissed

there are so many elements to this update that improve the game and show valve has committed time to it, the CSGO elements they ripped off might actually be pretty cool. They've taken successful elements from CSGO and added them to TF2, with some pretty neat skins and stuff. New maps are cool, comic is good, taunts are nice, and the class balancing is great. The gameplay changes are fucking awesome, regardless of whether they took it from CSGO, because who cares? Everyone is always upset every update, it's the equivalent to the people who say that the market will crash every time keys go up.

at the very least, we'll get some cool star+jerma tf2 videos, I see no downside to this update

Kevin think about it like this, you cant make everyone happy but the people who are (and cause of this update i know there are many) will appreciate it that valve actually did something worth playing. And yeah im looking forward to some Jerma and Star videos as well :P .  

People are over exaggerating about the skins. This update is great; major game changes and tons of new stuff. I love the new taunts and can't wait to get my hands on some unusual weapons. Really excited about this update. 

Two years ago, people cried about csgo becoming too much like tf2 because of its crate, key and drop system. Today, it's the other way around. All those complaining are a bunch of babies. Valve is doing something that works. This is only going to attract a lot more people. It sure might bring me back into this game I haven't played in months.

I don't like the idea of weapon pickup and I simply don't see it working well when you could Kritz in as a Medic, have someone take out the other, then you just grab his stock medigun and you don't have to worry about running back to spawn or anything, or in another scenario you use the sticky jumper to caber another Demo and now you've got his stock sticky launcher once again without having to worry about running back to spawn.

Do I care much for the skins and contracts? Not really.

Do I like the weapon buffs and nerfs? Some of them , but not all.

Do I like the custom maps being added? Yes, but we still need Swiftwater.

Overall my only complaint is weapon exchange.

Man... this update is going to make TF2 fun for a while. So many new gamplay changes to experiment with.

I mean, I main engie. It's going to be so much fun to play now. They buffed engineer's build speed in exchange for building heal speed. Engies just got a lot more mobile right there and with the gunslinger build speed/health nerf, mini-sentries are not going to be the go-to on offensive payload/cp anymore. And now buildings don't destory themselve when engies exchange wrenches. And they fixed the Jag! Playing engie just got a whole lot more complex. You can start out with the Jag for fast building at the start of the round and then switch to something else if you want. No more having to only stick to one wrench!

And everyone got stuff changed... which is a very good reason to play the game more.

OH I FORGOT TO CHECK PART 2

"Mini Sentries are repairable"
*sees DR changes*

*sees PBPP changes*

*SCREAMS AGAIN*

EDIT: THE ONE GOOD THING (IMO) BORENO AS AN OFFICIAL MAP

I THINK I BROKE CAPSLOCK HELP

i dont give a flying fuck about skins one way or the other.

This shit is absurd:

-You can even change loadouts on the fly!

-Class and Weapon Changes (every single one of them)

To the "I'm totally gonna play TF2 again" crowd: Okay. For how long? Like a month and a half? TF2 has a dedicated cult following. Completely changing the dynamics of every single weapon for every single class once a year to bring back 20% of the player base for a few weeks is not smart. The people who already play TF2... like TF2... which is why they play it. I don't play WOW, maybe they should introduce an engineer class with a Gunslinger and a Pomson to get me to play for a little bit before going back to the games I like?

How about matchmaking? That thing that people, and by people I mean players, have been asking for since idk forever? Did that get introduced? lol no. Can't sell matchmaking for $8.99 in the store. Change the game, introduce some new taunts, make $100k.

You can only pull that trick off so many times before people objectively view TF2 as a novelty and stop putting money in it altogether.

Everything in this update makes me want to cry.

Except the maps are cool.

They litterally took every aspect of csgo and added it to tf2(excluding the gameplay)

I actually like what they did with this update:

- a bunch of weapons got a massive reworking, meaning new playstyles for both pub and comp play

- new skins give collectors something to aim for before the 3 months are done and are removed

- we get 4 new maps into the rotation: 3 custom ones (one being snowplow), and one new one from valve themselves

- 3 new taunts, with one being a community favorite and the heavy finally getting some needed love there

- and we get a new playstyle for 3 months, giving players individual objectives that vary week to week until the event is done for a one time fee; something new that gives some players a reason to possibly try other classes where before they had no reason to

It's going to be a bit weird for the next while adjusting to some of the new changes (no longer getting ammo from dropped weapons and being able to switch them), and personally I don't care too much for the new skins, but overall I'd say this is a welcome change in pace that may give enough of a needed incentive for people to get into the game again, myself included.

As for those complaining about no matchmaking; you are aware that these weapon changes are a part of that right? The idea of matchmaking was only made official like what, a few months ago? A lot of changes need to be made to the game before they can officially release it, since tf2 was originally built to not support it. Unless you all want it to fail on day one due to loose ends.

TBH, I think a lot of the weapon rebalancing is being done for the matchmaking that is coming. It's a lot better for VALVe to be doing the rebalancing now, without the matchmaking and with a few months for us to get used to it, then to be doing the rebalancing after matchmaking is introduced, or even worse, at the same time. 'Cause that would be massivly unfair to the player base, and I don't think even they are that stupid.

At least doing it this way lets the TF2 comunity have at least three months to get used to the new meta without anything to distract us.

I'm so glad I'm nearly finished cashing out, this will only accelerate the process for me. I don't really have an opinion either way on the skins, but the constant weapons rebalancing is fucking annoying. I'm officially done. 

• Administrators

I'm so glad I'm nearly finished cashing out, this will only accelerate the process for me. I don't really have an opinion either way on the skins, but the constant weapons rebalancing is fucking annoying. I'm officially done. 

There will always be weapon, class balancing in games like this, not sure what you expect.  :ph34r:

Take Dota2 for example they always balance out shit there all the time as well. :P

Games like these will always have nerfs and buffs time to time along with reducing and increasing things here and there.

So your saying you would much rather have a game where there is are many overpowered weapons and many that have almost no use, compared to a few overpowered weapons and many other weapons that actually have use? 

Goodbye tf2. I'll be making a post selling my backpack for PayPal soon. We've been complaining for months that they don't care about the playerbase anymore, and this update shows just that:they still don't care.

I think updates have to take into consideration what came before and how the game is being used now. This update adds a bunch of new stuff, but it basically makes a lot of items being used now obsolete. And this being valve, you have to pay for the obsolescence pass.

I think updates have to take into consideration what came before and how the game is being used now. This update adds a bunch of new stuff, but it basically makes a lot of items being used now obsolete. And this being valve, you have to pay for the obsolescence pass.

Only if you want to take part of it though; if it wasn't for the contracts, I would just completely ignore the pass entirely, since there is only one weapon I like from the collections. 

I don't mind weapon skins, but the fact that you can't get ammo from dropped weapons makes it sad.

Now you can't blow the weapon in your direction to get easy ammo, but have to actually walk up to the corpse to get the pack. ;_;

Archived