A question for a specific 'type' of people

HarryG

Wow, this thread went south pretty fast.

Anyways, if you want a serious, scientific answer, I recommend you ask a social psychologist. You seem to be asking why some people go against cultural norms, since you're using bronies, weebs, and furries as examples. Nonconformity is a weird topic that's best discussed with someone who knows what they're talking about, not a forum full of bronies, weebs, and furries.

I'm not gonna comment on the rest of what you said, but this is simply wrong. Pretty much every single weeaboo/furry/brony has to rub that it right in everyones faces. I mean half the page on bp.tf is filled with anime 800x200 .gif signatures and furry avatars left and right, and you say it's easy to ignore.

Yeah, if you don't like it, ignore it. It's that simple.

If you hate it with all your heart and you start crying and raging when you so much as even glance at anything related, either learn to control your emotions, or get off the internet.

Otherwise, just don't pay attention to it, as it doesn't affect you.

There is an option to ignore the signiatures of specific users.  If the signiatures bother you that much, you can use that feature, but given that there are a lot of anime related ones, going through the process of ignoring all of them could itself be considered an annoyance.

Anyway, I sort of understand where Doktor is coming from.  If you deal a lot with a specific thing which is irritating/frustrating/stressful/whatever, even little things can cause an outburst.  I've been there.  I once found myself having a shouting match with a random stranger in the road because of something stupid he did which I reacted to by gesticulating towards him.  The wise and appropriate thing to do would've been to let it pass and avoid unnessesary confrontation, and normally I would've done just that, but at the time I was reaching my limits, and I reacted the wrong way.  Thankfully it didn't escalate to real violence.  To most people, it would seem completely retarded, but we all have our limits of tolerance.  Catching someone at the wrong moment can mean an outburst from someone who ordinarily might be completely docile.

Online, I think our frustrations are closer to the surface.

People only tend to hate on the fandoms of said groups because of the stereotypes and the way they act and behave. People are free to enjoy what they want. Some people may like MLP or anime for the lessons, story or the bright colors, not necessarily because they're a "sweaty 40-year-old neckbeard virgin".

If they don't negatively affect me, I don't mind them. Whatever goes on in their minds is probably not my business anyway.

Some people may like MLP or anime for the lessons, story or the bright colors

no.

weebs, bronies, and whatever other fandoms there are these days are most likely those who are unable to interact effectively in the real world and resort to an alternative reality in order to satisfy their social voids.

If that's what they need to fill the void, let them have it.  Good for them, I suppose.  It's better than being a junkie or latching onto alcohol or some other horrible vice.  As long as they keep the shit to themselves, I don't care.  On the other side of the same token, they shouldn't be retarded and expect everyone to be all accepting and tolerant of their wacky socially awkward antics.  If you do weird and annoying shit, you should expect normal people to react with a degree of distaste.

no.

weebs, bronies, and whatever other fandoms there are these days are most likely those who are unable to interact effectively in the real world and resort to an alternative reality in order to satisfy their social voids.

1385762821758.jpg

Here is your reply.

I really hope that was bait

What is the reasoning behind liking the things you like? What is it about MLP, anthropomorphism, and Japanese culture that is appealing to you?

You might as well ask why anything is appealing to anyone.

Whats wrong with liking something? Its simply a good entertainment source, and a way to get your mind off things if you're all stressed and shit. A lot of the animes are great, and thats pretty much what I like about it.

And the community isn't as ready to flip the switch on someone for a mistake. 

Disregard this if I'm wrong, but you seem to be one against anime. If you think that something is wrong via your opinions, please fucking stop. If you see a gay guy walking around in the streets, would you go up to him and be like "Ew, what the fuck you're gay?"? I doubt it. As I've said this to countless people out there, mind your own business. This statement is for people who hopped on the anime, MLP, etc hate-train.

Archived