A question for a specific 'type' of people

HarryG

For furries, bronies, and weeaboos, I have an actual scientific question

What is the reasoning behind liking the things you like? What is it about MLP, anthropomorphism, and Japanese culture that is appealing to you?

Post your answers below.

I encourage you to read my long post in the GB for more of my thoughts on this.

Cheers, 

HarryG

Better than today's shitty cartoons.

If you're not going to actually respond to the question, don't respond please, I'm trying to keep this serious. Unless of course, that is the plain and simple reason, in which case I can understand it.

If you're not going to actually respond to the question, don't respond please, I'm trying to keep this serious. Unless of course, that is the plain and simple reason, in which case I can understand it.

I was serious, how serious do you want me to get? This thread isn't a "explain your opinion for full points".

I was serious, how serious do you want me to get? This thread isn't a "explain your opinion for full points".

OK, like I said, I couldn't tell if it was meant to be a joke or not. I totally respect it now that I know that you were serious.

I can't explain it much for myself and I've been a part of all three groups of people.

As odd as it may seem I know one reason, though minor really is due to the hatred people have for me and others like myself who like what they do not, it can be very entertaining to see people who are deadset in the idea that everything they like is good and everything else is bad and instantly "Cancerous" start spouting about how much they hate furries,  bronies, weeaboos, when it really is quite easy to just ignore it, and even if you can't just ignore it people care as much about their opinion on the subject as people care about my opinion, which is to say no one cares in the slightest or should care at least.

I've never considered getting involved in any real way with the "main body" of these groups so to some I wouldn't even fit as part of these people but who are they to dictate what makes a person a furry, a brony, a weeaboo, and whatever other group of people you want to throw out.

I love incoherent rambling.

Edit: I'll be editing this over time hopefully as I ponder why exactly I even took a look at such things in the first place and why it stuck with me for several years ( At least in the case of being a furry which I've been the longest.)

Weeaboo: "Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes."

I wouldn't really call myself a weeaboo, I like watching anime, but it ends there.

I think I can answer your question related to "weeaboos" though.

They start out just watching anime, then, they realize that they like "anime culture" (or whatever) and start behaving similarly to how the characters in their favorite shows act. This can be pushed even further by having friends who have similar interests in anime, etc. Their friends will positively reinforce the actions of the "weeaboo" (or whatever) by joining in (with inside jokes, etc.) and having a good time. These positive emotions become related to said "hobby" (or whatever), and then their interest  in their "hobby" may become greater.

People who aren't "weeaboos" (or whatever) probably won't understand any of the inside jokes, or "anime culture" (or whatever). They'd probably just take it at face value and call them a weirdo.

It may be similar for Furries/Bronies but IDK.

I think this topic misses the point.  I don't think it matters what someone likes or why, for the most part.  Liking something isn't the root of the issue.  People tend to hate on weaboos, bronies, and furries because of how many of them tend to act, which is ridiculous, stupid, and annoying.  I think most people who shun these fandoms do so because the people in them are irritating and awkward, and perhaps even because they fear becoming like them.

my 2 cents

I'm definitely not an actual weaboo, I just love anime. I love anime because the art style is something that appeals to me and most anime I've watched have pretty good story.

Attack On Titan Isn't Better Either 

>Implying That Typing Like This Is Any Better

>implying that I said AoT was better

Irony is strong

Well, I do like anime. However, my culture was always Japanese so weeaboo doesn't apply to me. I'm not an otaku btw.

Anyways, I've began to watch anime probably 2 years ago. I always refused to watch it because I don't quite like to change my taste. This was until one day, my friend forced me to watch an anime series called "Date a Live" with him. Well, that got me a hell lot. The plot on that anime series is just like a dream come true for me although it will definitely never happen in the real world. So, instead of reading books, I've began to watch anime instead as it's not as time consuming as books. 

I'm probably obsessed with anime now, since I got the books from those anime authors. But hey, I'm not a guy who buys waifu pillows off the internet.

(I'm sorry if I've offended any of the weeaboos in the forum.)

I was a fan of the ORIGINAL My Little Pony. Talking like, 1980/1990s MLP (because it was all my sister would watch. That and Care Bears, which scared the living hell out of me the first time I saw them.)

Then when I started really questioning things like my sexuality and gender, I started falling into a deep depression due to bullying and feeling like I'd never find my real self.

And that's when I found the new incarnation of MLP. The bright colours and happy music was able to really put a smile on my face and get me through the day. It sounds fucking lame but it really was what made everything better, for maybe only an hour or two a day, but still, it was a time I wasn't cutting or considering ODing. 

But I guess now that I'm a trans girl it's alright for me to watch it! ^_^

As for being a furry, I dunno man. It's nothing like I'd want to fuck any animal or anything, I just like the art style. It's cute. What you said in the GB, it definitely does NOT go into your sexual preferences. There's yiffers, and then there's just furries. 

And anime is also cute.

What it looks like to me, OP, is that you are taking every single negative from these internet cultures, and deciding to veto the positives from any conversation you have, just to make yourself seem like you know everything about the people who enjoy these things. straight white people sadden me sometimes

Wish I could express my opinion, but the amount of shit I would say about the fandoms would probably get me banned. (excluding anime, got nothing against that)

Tumblr pls go

nah m8 im here to stay :) i'm not like courtney babe <3

tumblr culture saddens me sometimes

these forums sadden me a lot of the time

Better than today's shitty cartoons.

Pretty much this, i know next to nothing about Japanese Culture so i don't think i would classify as a weeaboo.

What got me hooked into anime was probably Gurren Lagann, i had seen some before but i didn't have enough interest on it to search for more.

Imo, a reason for the popularity is because it's one of the only things they can cling to. It's like a whole new world to em

I don't mind any of these cultures, just don't decide that you are better than me even though you are a fat fake non-japanese fuck who lives their lives in their basement. (this comment is for those guys who are complete assholes to everyone)

Cultures and things you like are okay, but are not meant to be a part of your general life. My personal life, i dedicate myself to whatever event or place we are at. For example, if i'm at Anime North or Fan Expo, where it's all about that stuff, then it's okay.

But the shit people need to understand is getting a personality. 

Weeaboo: "Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes."

This is an example of you being who you aren't. At this point, you want to be somebody else. personal interests should not change who you are. You have no sense of personality or respect. 

another problem this brings is what is "acceptable" 

This brings in the state of mind of being someone else, but where you live, what you think is rude is generally seen as ok.

An example of this is when i have never heard of a certain Anime. I say that i don't know it, everyone looks down on me.

Honestly i hate when people call me ignorant for that reason. I should not have to feel bad because i don't know your anime. 

Ignorance does not mean igno"rude". people think it means "the refusal to learn, or want to learn about something". no, i simply, don't know it.

I'm different. I do different things, and i don't like the same things you do. Fucking accept that

fite me.

it really is quite easy to just ignore it

Note: "you" refers to any brony/weeaboo/furry not specifically to you

I'm not gonna comment on the rest of what you said, but this is simply wrong. Pretty much every single weeaboo/furry/brony has to rub that it right in everyones faces. I mean half the page on bp.tf is filled with anime 800x200 .gif signatures and furry avatars left and right, and you say it's easy to ignore.

You guys know there's a lot of people who dislike furries/weeaboos/bronies so why the fuck can't you just stop showing these kinds of interests off to everyone on public forums made for entirely different discussions. There are a lot of people who don't want to see it, go on a anime forum for goodness' sake.

No one gives a shit about your fursona/waifu/fav pony, if anything people will get annoyed like OP (who is a very narrow minded individual IMO). This thread is obviously not a peaceful/constructive one and wouldn't be here if you could have just avoided all these (IMO) disgusting avatars/signatures/nicknames, simply because the "I-complain-about-everything-I-don't-like-people" (like OP) wouldn't have anything to complain about. We'd all be better off honestly.

You guys know there's a lot of people who dislike furries/weeaboos/bronies so why the fuck can't you just stop showing these kinds of interests off to everyone on public forums made for entirely different discussions. There are a lot of people who don't want to see it, go on a anime forum for goodness' sake.

There is a skeleton GIF in your sig, go to a graveyard for goodness' sake. I'm not interested in looking at dancing skeletons so go away since this is a TF2 forum and not a skeleton forum.

You see how stupid this sounds? They (including me) don't really give a fuck about what you like and what are you going to do about it? Are you gonna tell me i'm not allowed to put my waifu as an avatar because this isn't an anime forum?

Your argument is literally a 0/10 and you sound far too butthurt.

No one gives a shit about your fursona/waifu/fav pony, if anything people will get annoyed like OP (who is a very narrow minded individual IMO). This thread is obviously not a peaceful/constructive one and wouldn't be here if you could have just avoided all these (IMO) disgusting avatars/signatures/nicknames, simply because the "I-complain-about-everything-I-don't-like-people" (like OP) wouldn't have anything to complain about. We'd all be better off honestly.

I personally don't mind sigs, as apparently i can turn them off at anytime i want.

A certain someone decided to take the internet seriously over being called a shark. That's why he received a consecutive bans.

I don't take most things on the internet seriously, for whatever reason. I only take constructive discussions seriously, but i express my opinion, without trying to attack others.

It's a waste of time talking in a discussion if people are just gonna tell each other they are wrong. Don't take the internet seriously, but at least have some respect for someone else's opinion in a discussion like this.

Your argument is literally a 0/10 and you sound far too butthurt.

There is serious, and butthurt serious, which is the worst kind

There is a skeleton GIF in your sig, go to a graveyard for goodness' sake. I'm not interested in looking at dancing skeletons so go away since this is a TF2 forum and not a skeleton forum.

You see how stupid this sounds? 

Yeah what you just said there does sound really stupid. But I removed the skeleton since apparently it triggered you.

You're welcome.

Also I'm not the one to say wether you should have a waifu avatar or not, I just said it's probably the most sensible thing to not have one in order to avoid threads like this. Also whilst I understand this thread isn't a big deal, be aware that it's just the tip of the iceberg. 

>Implying That Typing Like This Is Any Better

>implying that I said AoT was better

Irony is strong

^kek

But why can't people just get along and stop insulting curtain groups of people? Because any group of people > you.

Oh wait were humans.

Archived