Gun laws need to be stricter

Has to treat their territories equally

Outdated constitution

Other than that it's mostly fine

Im just sitting here in a igloo living with polar bears in canada

200_s.gif

oh man youre very funny

i just wanted this to be a serious topic

even in the description for politics forum it calls it a serious forum ._.

ah yes, the "lets make sweeping generalizations based upon personal experiences" thread

seems legit

I fail to see how shit like this isn't covered/removed as hate speech tbh.

what do you mean?

As the land of the free with expansive spying agencies and a loss of rights after the PATRIOT act, we're a pretty hypocritical country.

I'd like to say the capitalism sucks but I'm able to shitpost here for very cheap because of it, so I'll stay neutral on economic style.

We're absolutely fucked for education, everyone seems to think adding more tests will make us score better instead of, you know, actually improving our cash-strapped public school systems. Student debt is another huge issue, college tuition has quadrupled in the last 35 years, and a whole bunch of young adults are leaving college with huge loans that weigh them down for years.

Gender and minority equality are pretty bad right now, as evidenced by our 33% gender wage gap and unarmed black people constantly getting shot up by the police.

But hey, the burgers are cheap, the weed is sorta-legal, and we've got an actual constitution, none of which can be said about the UK.

In conclusion: Bernie Sanders 2016

Do i feel free? Yes. I dont have to work to support my family (im 18) and i dont have the government pounding on my door for being Filipino, catholic, or captialist.

Do i think america is a great place? Yes. For all the shit we make fun of it and others who do, america is a good place to live.

Gender and minority equality are pretty bad right now, as evidenced by our 33% gender wage gap and unarmed black people constantly getting shot up by the police.

I'd have to find the articles at a later point (Busy.) but last I checked most economic sources put the wage gap closer to 95 cents on the dollar if not closer to a full dollar.

On the minority equality front I'd like to point out that just because news stations love to report on unarmed black people getting shot unarmed white people get shot as well.

I've been to America, it's a pretty shitty country compared to Australia

The communities are sub-par, the culture is horrible, the education system is a joke and the politics are plain hilarious

Your right for pretty much all of this. Just keep in mind we're a stew of different cultures so we don't really have one. As someone living in the US, we have some decent communities depending on where you go. Our education system is garbage and our politics may as well be a Kardashian show. It's pretty bad, but I cant complain too much.

America is amazing if you don't give a shit about other people. Sadly, most people care about what other people do/think/how they act even if it doesn't affect them.

If you DON'T care about what other people think, the United States is the place for you. (Also, capitalism is starting to make things rough on poor people)

If you DO care about what other people think.. live somewhere else.

Also, keep in mind that because of the way the media works, you rarely hear about the good things. I live in a fairly international region (due to a University) and it is quite the friendly environment, not very much hostility.

I've been to America, it's a pretty shitty country compared to Australia

The communities are sub-par, the culture is horrible, the education system is a joke and the politics are plain hilarious

Lol you say politivs as if its JUST america. Try every country, including and probably more than you think, Australia.

tumblr_me24zm5HSJ1qcnn8do1_500.jpg

Ugh.

People who say things like this are just making fools of themselves. Everyone knows what a person means when they say they're from "America" or are "American".

If you can't tell from context what country is meant, and haven't noticed that no one from outside the US self-identifies as "American", then YOU are the one who has some learning to do.

Also, since we're talking semantics, North America + South America does NOT equal "America". When using one term to refer to both continents, one would say "The Americas."

Soooo...yeah.

As the land of the free with expansive spying agencies and a loss of rights after the PATRIOT act, we're a pretty hypocritical country.

I'd like to say the capitalism sucks but I'm able to shitpost here for very cheap because of it, so I'll stay neutral on economic style.

We're absolutely fucked for education, everyone seems to think adding more tests will make us score better instead of, you know, actually improving our cash-strapped public school systems. Student debt is another huge issue, college tuition has quadrupled in the last 35 years, and a whole bunch of young adults are leaving college with huge loans that weigh them down for years.

But hey, the burgers are cheap, the weed is sorta-legal, and we've got an actual constitution, none of which can be said about the UK.

In conclusion: Bernie Sanders 2016

"unarmed black people constantly getting shot up by the police."

I'm about to cuss you out.

cause spying on americans without a warrant (until that was fixed recently) is totally fine rite

I swear to God the number of people who say that in regards to the Patriot Act. Again, the policy allowed for sweeping metadata. Which sounds scary until you realize that they don't have anything- names, convos, etc. To obtain that they DO need a warrant.

TIL Alaska is not part of the United States

TIL Hawaii isn't either. Or all of the territories.

Or according to Tats all of Europe as well

ah yes, the "lets make sweeping generalizations based upon personal experiences" thread

seems legit

I fail to see how shit like this isn't covered/removed as hate speech tbh.

"Peoples opinions are hate speech if I don't agree with them!"

For someone defending America you reek of communism

America is objectively bad

"unarmed black people constantly getting shot up by the police."

I'm about to cuss you out.

But they are

My Sig pls

But they are

My Sig pls

Please don't respond to anything about this again everyone. The last thing we need is another flame war. Let's end it with it being situational, however it is often sensationalized by the media to the point where it appears to be happening non-stop.

You say that like those aren't issues which plague literally every country in the world, and in fact are far more severe in many of them.

But they are

My Sig pls

unarmed black people =/= carrying a realistic looking gun in public and resisting arrest violently

"Peoples opinions are hate speech if I don't agree with them!"

For someone defending America you reek of communism

America is objectively bad

yes, without a doubt an entire continent is objectively bad because random internet user "Spicy Ham" says so.

Then proceeds to follow it up with some random assumptions about my personal opinions on the matter and state a presumed economic system preference.

Seems legit.

But they are

My Sig pls

To the shock of most people unarmed citizens being shot dead or having excessive force used against them isn't just a thing that minorities deal with.

White people can and have also been shot when unarmed or have had excessive force used against them.

I wouldn't say there isn't a possible racism issue in SOME police forces but I believe it largely comes from abuse of power over whoever they feel has done something wrong.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, June 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, June 9, 2015 - No reason given

yes, without a doubt an entire continent is objectively bad because random internet user "Spicy Ham" says so.

Then proceeds to follow it up with some random assumptions about my personal opinions on the matter and state a presumed political affiliation.

Seems legit.

You call everything hate speech because you don't like it

that makes you a commie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icqPHsNumuU

Archived