A question for Americans

Puddkingkip's Selfie

Do you feel free?

Do you think America is a great place?

I certainly do. Honestly, I think America is one of the greatest countries ever. You could go to just about any other country and not be as free as you are here.

Sure it has its flaws, but what country doesnt? Hell even the UK probably has a lot of problems that we dont know about. I hate it when people, especially Americans themselves say that they hate this country, or that theyre not free. It is kinda like a teen saying that he hates his parents and that he wants to run away and his life sucks, even though it doesnt, and when he is grown up he realizes he had a good life. Just like americans that say it sucks, no freedom, etc, but they usually dont grow up and realize how wrong they are :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh boy here we go

aside from all the corrupt things the government does, i think its a pretty great place

oh boy here we go

aside from all the corrupt things the government does, i think its a pretty great place

I wouldnt call it corrupt

Maybe just really really stupid. Corrupt would mean they they kinda plot evil things and try to be evil, and they obviously dont want to be big evil guy, which is why you shouldnt take is as far as to say its corrupt

Mind you that the bad stuff that comes up on the news or causes controversy is an infinitesimally small portion of all the otherwise great things going on in the US.

Being a US citizen, and having a US passport will get you basically anywhere in the world. It's fantastic for travel. Day-to-day corruption blah blah blah doesn't bother me all that much when I put into perspective all the good stuff that doesn't get reported.

I wouldnt call it corrupt

Maybe just really really stupid. Corrupt would mean they they kinda plot evil things and try to be evil, and they obviously dont want to be big evil guy, which is why you shouldnt take is as far as to say its corrupt

cause spying on americans without a warrant (until that was fixed recently) is totally fine rite

I feel like its a situation of "its the best of the worst". I would love to enjoy more freedoms that I don't currently have (open carry, not being tracked by NSA for everything on interwebs, hopefully male birth control, etc) but is the best I can see

Eh

People use the NSA thing a big case of corruption.

Again like i said, theyre not trying to be purposefully evil. And it happened a while ago. They didnt even track what u say, just the numbers that texted each other

In terms of life quality then yes.

In terms of what goes on, oh God no. I would get banned for what I would mention, so let Fox News someone else risk it.

I've been to America, it's a pretty shitty country compared to Australia

The communities are sub-par, the culture is horrible, the education system is a joke and the politics are plain hilarious

The communities are sub-par, the culture is horrible, the education system is a joke and the politics are plain hilarious

So you were in one part of the US for how long, some days, weeks? How can you make an opinion on a entire country like that?

As an American, I like it here. I went to the UK and the only thing that was better that I experienced was the food

As an American, I like it here. I went to the UK and the only thing that was better that I experienced was the food

doesn't the UK have notoriously bad food tho?

The chocolate and cheese was sooo much fucking better than in America. I love chocolate and cheese, so that made it great.

The chocolate and cheese was sooo much fucking better than in America. I love chocolate and cheese, so that made it great.

UK chocolate was way too sweet, but the fish and chips was much better than the U.S.

other than that I felt everything food-wise was on par

But tom cruise the dota boi said bush was responsible for 911!!!

So you were in one part of the US for how long, some days, weeks? How can you make an opinion on a entire country like that?

6 months

It does. Hell, the canned food there according to Ashens is crap even compared to America.

As an american I have to agree 100%

I shouldn't be able to agree with this 100%. But it's true; communities are crap, we have NO culture, our education system is vile crap (I'm not lying, either.) and our political system is... ugh.

my dad came from uk and he said he likes america better. He always said that the uk was really poor where he lived and he didn't like it as much as America, especially since the nice parts of the uk were all so incredibly expensive. He's still a uk citizen tho so wut do i know

Well to be fair you're comparing Australia to United states and Australia has been 2nd in HDI (Basically standard of living) for the longest time.

Also @OP I actually find that as people grow up they start realising that the "America is the greatest country in the world" phase ends quite fast once you start travelling. Having "freedom" is actually very common and practically every other country has the same level of freedom if not more it's just that they dont boast about it. 

Well to be fair you're comparing Australia to United states and Australia has been 2nd in HDI (Basically standard of living) for the longest time.

Also @OP I actually find that as people grow up they start realising that the "America is the greatest country in the world" phase ends quite fast once you start travelling. Having "freedom" is actually very common and practically every other country has the same level of freedom if not more it's just that they dont boast about it. 

Hell that's a lot of Europe.

ah yes, the "lets make sweeping generalizations based upon personal experiences" thread

seems legit

I fail to see how shit like this isn't covered/removed as hate speech tbh.

Archived