Why is FoG able to dictate Backpack.tf bans?

Milz187

http://files.f-o-g.eu/b568fe

I thought I'll debate this... he is very wrong in thinking its was back then 3500 - 4500 keys it was priced at $3000 based off Bobs purchase of 100 buds ($3000) If you consider the highend he is off by over $4000, it shows how much effort he has put into placing my ban.

Also how does value decide what is and isn't a mistake? I can understand people being more cautious.

I highlighted my reasoning why I didn't check backpack / outpost above.. i explain my perspective there, they never asked me for my perspective, I had no communications with them prior to the ban.

He did not even question or highlight that I was looking to make a profit (It's clear i wasn't) yet the ban was attached to this guideline.

"Ultimately, if it's very clear you were purposely trying to profit from scammed or stolen items, you deserve a BANNED tag at admin discretion."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably best for my sanity if this thread gets locked. I think I've said everything so there's no real point continuing atm.

I'm not sure if it's possible but if an admin can place a 3 month ban on my forums account that'll be appreciated.

Also how does value decide what is and isn't a mistake? I can understand people being more cautious.

Because the higher the amount the higher someone is less likely to make a mistake, no one in their right mind would send a random across the net a few thousand dollars without conducting a proper background check. Your claim that SR was down isnt exactly a get out of jail free card, there is outpost, backpack.tf, bazaar, rep.tf and many other sites which would have been able to show you that the user was a marked scammer. Just checking steamrep has never been "enough" for the past few years and you being a high tier trader for such a long time should know this.

A user doesnt simply shell out thousands of dollars on a whim and then claim they didnt know what they were doing. Also you constantly bring up the point that it wasnt for profit hence you shouldnt be banned. Let me remind you about the scammed burning TC, one of it's previous owners was a well respected trader who just really wanted a burning TC and only one available at the time was from a scammer. He didnt profit yet was still instantly marked, many others have also been banned for much much less.

Backpack.tf is a SR affiliated community and bans over there are carried over here, that's how the site works that's how practically all steam related trading sites work and complaining about it only because you're banned doesnt do you much good.

Take a step back, calm damn and stop repeating the same questions/complains over and over again which you have already been given multiple answers to and just appeal in 3 months. This thread was a discussion until you started to ignore what multiple admins and users have explained to you time and time again and it's now more of a "salty" thread.

Archived