Is religion vestigial, and will we eventually lose it?

λngelღмander

I wasn't out to prove you wrong or even said any of that was false? lmao. No need to be hostile here. There are many other and hell of a lot better ways ways to make that analogy to pass your point yet you chose that specific one. Reread my reply as it seems you have misunderstood.

Jesus, everyone is always picking for a fight. Let's say on the topic.

First of all, here's what happened:

1. I was asking for clarifiaction of why my analogy was "wrong" according to another user.

2. You chime in and state: "it's all sorts of wrong"

3. I state the reasoning of my analogy and ask how it's "wrong"

4. You state that "[You weren't] out to prove [me] wrong"

I don't understand. Please explain to me what was going on if you weren't calling my analogy wrong by stating "it's all sorts of wrong."

If you mean "it's morally wrong" then state that you believe it's morally wrong (or "it's offensive/rude"), don't state that it's "wrong" as that means "incorrect, invalid, false, etc."

Second, I'm not being hostile, I'm not personally attacking anyone, I'm asking for an explanation/clarification.

Third, I'm not looking for a fight, I'm looking for an explanation/clarification.

"modern" religion will continue to evolve and lose its meaning to rational thought, only to be replaced by some other set of irrational notions

religion is cyclical, humanity is primitive still

tl;dr version pls?

No. Shut up. Heated Bread hit the nail RIGHT ON THE FRICKIN' HEAD! He took the time out to type something which I genuinely feel a simple "Like" does not do justice to. I recommend reading it. It is both well-written and incredibly precise, each paragraph tackling the point it needs to in a very organised yet proper manner. The train of thought is not lost, there is no beating around the bush either, so to speak. Give it a read. 

*This argument applies to the United States only.*

I believe that Religion is already losing it's core purpose. Religion is becoming less about a particular belief and faith, and more of a social standpoint. However, I do believe it will survive.

Example:

Gay marriage vs. Anti-gay. (Pretty much every religion)

Pork + gelatin vs. Pork and gelatin (Muslim)

Abortion vs Pro-abortion (Pretty much every religion.)

Creationism vs. Evolution vs. (I don't know what to call it, I apologize. People who don't really believe in either; we don't have good proof of anything)

• 3 weeks later...

i personally would not miss religion one bit, but if you choose to believe in a god it is your choice. now, as for the question of will religion ever disappear, probably not. it might decline severely which i would not mind at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived