Overpay Rant

SirMillbot

Personally I've got no problem with 10-25% overpay. Any more than that we get into the unterritorial zone where it's not worth it and it never will be worth it. Killstreak weapons are ENTIRELY up to the seller since they can be an extremely large pain if it's not the right combination. Parts are also risky too. Spells, NEVER accept them because they're damn near impossible to make a profit from. Paints are the same way if it's the standard 50% of paint price.

u for reals?

Yes I am for real, theres so much more benefits to taking a cold bath than a warm/hot one.

it improves blood circulation helps which improves cardiovascular activities, improves immune system, helps burn alot of fat, improves testosterone levels, keeps your skin and hair shiny and healthy, helps with recovery so after a hard days workout you get into a cold bath it will flush out lactic acid and removes soreness, and increases your muscles.

if you think I am making this up I am not search cold showers/ cold bath and look at all the health benefits.

a couple minutes of being uncomfortable can do alot for you.

If no-one overpaid, the economy wouldn't change. Everything would be fixed, and it'd be impossible to profit.

I guess my thought is that 10-20% seems legit, hats would still rise and fall based on popularity. Of course a super desirable hat/effect, all bets are off - my original point was around hats that are what would be considered of average desireability (hmm thats prolly not a word).

I guess my thought is that 10-20% seems legit, hats would still rise and fall based on popularity. Of course a super desirable hat/effect, all bets are of - my original point was around hats that are what would be considered of average desireability (hmm thats prolly not a word).

People will pay what they want. I overpaid on several hats, because I really liked them.

Stuff like my 72' Conga, I paid a lot for because I KNOW it sells well, the same for other burning/beams ect hats.

People will pay more if it's desireable. And certain hats are just a PAIN to sell, hence why more overpay is wanted

People will pay what they want. I overpaid on several hats, because I really liked them.

Stuff like my 72' Conga, I paid a lot for because I KNOW it sells well, the same for other burning/beams ect hats.

People will pay more if it's desireable. And certain hats are just a PAIN to sell, hence why more overpay is wanted

Yeah, I hear ya. It just seems prevalent throughout all trades, no matter if its desirable or not, good effect or not, bam, crazy ass overpay.

I get overpay, but not set percentages. I mean, you're gonna want a lot more or accept less overpay depending on the hat. Making a specific number is just stupid.

Would you rather a single beams hat worth 100 keys that will take a week to sell or 120 keys in third gens that will take months to resell?

Would you rather a single beams hat worth 100 keys that will take a week to sell or 120 keys in third gens that will take months to resell?

Pure of course. But that wasnt the point I was trying to make. Pure will always trump all, no questions asked. My post was on the ever enlarging amount of overpay being asked for on your run of the mill 30-50 key unusual.

What's even more ridiculous? Backpack.tf taking off 10% of every reported sale because it is "overpay".

If i have a 1000 key hat and a mate has a 1000 key hat and we decide to swap hats just for a change of looks, according to backpack.tf one of us "overpaid" by 10%, making the other hat instantly worth 900 keys.

After it just swapped for another 1000 key hat. I don't know how you have to be wired to understand that logic.

What's even more ridiculous? Backpack.tf taking off 10% of every reported sale because it is "overpay".

If i have a 1000 key hat and a mate has a 1000 key hat and we decide to swap hats just for a change of looks, according to backpack.tf one of us "overpaid" by 10%, making the other hat instantly worth 900 keys.

After it just swapped for another 1000 key hat. I don't know how you have to be wired to understand that logic.

• Overpay is supposed to represent the pure value of any item. If an item sells easily (under a week) for a certain amount in pure and regularly gets offered a certain amount in pure, it should not be valued less than that in the suggestion."

Without it, eh, a lot of unusual prices will be really high.

Random barely sellable things (aka prof.ks collector's wrap assasin with damage dealt, dominations, and snipers killed) are getting overpay applied as well. Won't you think that it will sell for suggested price without at least 10% discount? I think not.

That happens only very rarely.  I'd say over 90% (probably well over 90%) of unusual trades are profit driven,  

Archived