Abortion. Your thoughts?

TheVenomWithin

I strongly disagree with abortion. I've always felt that aborting a child should be considered equal of murder, however this is an opinion that is very unpopular. Sorry if this thread was made before.

Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two sides, if you're a slut and the condom or pill fails, you should not get it and pay for your actions. Give the baby up for adoption, but at least carry him out and give him a life. But if you were raped or have a rare genetic disorder, then it may be acceptable. Ive been mostly neutral on this issue, but Ive kinda swayed towards life because just carry out the baby and give them up for adoption, many great people never knew their parents.

• Administrators

Do you base your opinions on whether they will be popular or not? Seems like you just pick whatever you think will be in opposition to the most people, regardless of what it is, lol.

And I'm pro-choice, obv.

Do you base your opinions on whether they will be popular or not? Seems like you just pick whatever you think will be in opposition to the most people, regardless of what it is, lol.

Name me a few examples? If i'm a creationist i'm against abortion. If i'm a creationist i'm against homosexuality. They are all linked together if these are the ones you are referring to. 

But if you were raped or have a rare genetic disorder, then it may be acceptable. Ive been mostly neutral on this issue, but Ive kinda swayed towards life because just carry out the baby and give them up for adoption, many great people never knew their parents.

I agree with this point here. If a girl got raped or otherwise had sex with someone she didn't even love to begin with, you have a point in considering abortion. I still do believe however that the kid should be given a chance at life though,regardless of the situation.

• Administrators

Name me a few examples? If i'm a creationist i'm against abortion. If i'm a creationist i'm against homosexuality. They are all linked together if these are the ones you are referring to. 

I agree with this point here. If a girl got raped or otherwise had sex with someone she didn't even love to begin with, you have a point in considering abortion. I still do believe however that the kid should be given a chance at life though,regardless of the situation.

Not sure what creationism has to do with abortion or homosexuality, but you're right they're all linked to christianity in a wider sense.

He doesn't have a point. If it's a person you're killing, it's dad being a rapist doesn't make it deserving of being killed. You can't have it both ways.

this is very situation issue, i knew someone who did it as the child had a 99.5% chance of being autistic, then they held a funeral for the unborn child. i found it sick and wrong. but what if some one is raped and becomes pregnant what then. if the mother will die, we can't just look at in a one sided way that just makes everyone that does it look like the bad guy. we need to open our eyes 

I'm pro-choice. The human being that is slowly growing in a womans womb has at that point no consciousness or memory. Therefore killing it is in my opinion  in no way worse than masturbation or the usage of a condom. And if you are anti abortus are you also against the morning after pill? And any anti-conception tools and masturbation. All are killing of potential human life. Oh and I refuse to use pro-life for anti-abortus as it is an extremely biased statement. Everybody that is not suicidal is pro life

I'm pro-choice. The human being that is slowly growing in a womans womb has at that point no consciousness or memory. Therefore killing it is in my opinion  in no way worse than masturbation or the usage of a condom. And if you are anti abortus are you also against the morning after pill? And any anti-conception tools and masturbation. All are killing of potential human life. Oh and I refuse to use pro-life for anti-abortus as it is an extremely biased statement. Everybody that is not suicidal is pro life

i can see why people are against it as, they said the child should have the choice, what the child could become but i must agree with you there are still hundreds of millions children being born and really as you say they have no consciousness they are not different from sperm, and if the person does want to look after them or unable to its best for the child to be aborted. yeah this is the most well thought out the view point on the issue in question.

I strongly disagree with abortion. I've always felt that aborting a child should be considered equal of murder, however this is an opinion that is very unpopular. Sorry if this thread was made before.

Thoughts?

A fetus isn't a child.

A fetus isn't a child.

I'd rather not get into a heated discussion about that, But I disagree with you there. Just going to leave it at that.

I'd rather let the mother handle the issue. Why should I have a say on someone else's unborn child. Also, accidents and incidents happen where the up-coming mother would be unable to support the child.

Adoption? You clearly do not understand how hard it is for a mother to give up their own child. It is also possible for the child to have some sort of "melt down" over who his/her mother. The possible problems is a long list.

I strongly disagree with it. Although the child that will be conceived is technically a mistake (at least in your eyes and others), what has the child done wrong to be killed before it is even given a chance to live? If you don't want the child that doesn't mean someone else might. Adoption is on the table or you can place the child outside a police or fire station (is completely legal and no questions asked). To just basically sum it up a life shouldn't be taken because of your mistake, at least give it a chance to live and thrive and see the world.

I'd rather let the mother handle the issue. Why should I have a say on someone else's unborn child. Also, accidents and incidents happen where the up-coming mother would be unable to support the child.

Adoption? You clearly do not understand how hard it is for a mother to give up their own child. It is also possible for the child to have some sort of "melt down" over who his/her mother. The possible problems is a long list.

I do agree with the adoption issue to an extent but I'd rather let the child live and have some emotional issues than be dead and not even feel emotions.

Hitler Could Have Been Aborted Therefore I Support It However I Don't Think EVERY Woman Who's Pregnant Should Get An Abortion  

If abortion is murder, is using a condom kidnapping? Is it prevention of life (or whatever)?

I am not against abortion. I believe that you should have the choice to 'kill' or remove an embryo from your womb.

Also, when does a human first have a conscience? When we kill animals in their thousands, we rationalise it by saying that they have no conscience.

Can 2 cells have a conscience? Can 8? Can a million? Where does it start?

If we continue growing as a population, the world will die before our grandchildren. You could see this as a way to save the planet by a fraction (ok, call me cold, but I find it hard to have empathy. fun facts about chakra)

One thing that always bothered me about people wanting the fetus be born into a child is...... it is NOT YOUR child, it is the mother's child. You want this unborn fetus to grow into a healthy child but ultimately, it is the Mother's responsibility, not yours, I mean unless everyone in favor letting the child live to see light wants to personally help with the growth of the young child (i.e money, change diaper, buy clothes, food). I for one do not feel like giving up my time or personal belongings for someone else's child. I do not mean to sound like I would not save a life but the unborn child is none of my responsibility.

Disagree on it. If you're not planning on keeping the baby, at least give it to an orphanage.

Again, why do you disagree on abortion? Are you a female that has been pregnant in the past and easily given up her child? What right do you have to tell other people what they are to do?

Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly

this is very situation issue, i knew someone who did it as the child had a 99.5% chance of being autistic, then they held a funeral for the unborn child. i found it sick and wrong. but what if some one is raped and becomes pregnant what then. if the mother will die, we can't just look at in a one sided way that just makes everyone that does it look like the bad guy. we need to open our eyes 

Aborting your child because they'll be autistic is just cruel, let alone having a funeral for the unborn child. Autism is not a disability, many people diagnosed with autism have gone on to lead great lives.

Go ahead and do it. It doesn't bother me at all.  I usually think of these 2 analogies.

We have no problem euthanizing pets... (For me, a pet has always been a family member. I'd have spent years of my life with them, and I'd have grown very attached to them within that time.) But killing an unborn "thing", that has little to no feelings makes you a murderer/murder supporter. I can't really grasp that thought process.

We'll bomb a country, killing hundreds of people, (Probably a few pregnant women, too.) and honestly, politicians usually don't bat an eye. "Killing" a fetus? Biggest problem since global warming.

Again, why do you disagree on abortion? Are you a female that has been pregnant in the past and easily given up her child? What right do you have to tell other people what they are to do?

I disagree on it. Doesn't mean I force my opinions on other people.

I realize this is unrealistic, but I feel like it shouldn't be allowed unless the baby is conceptualized by a rape or a sexual assault.

It results in a tough choice either way, either aborting it or putting it up for adoption. However, I think that if the fetus' brain can not sustain consciousness in the biological sense of the word (eg. a sustained non-random firing of neurons) then the fetus is not alive. Furthermore, if the mother believes that never becoming aware is a better alternative for the unborn fetus than the sometimes traumatic adoption process, it is unfair for another person to dictate what she must do. While I view abortion as emotionally trying for the mother and very sad, it should be her right to make the hard decision herself. If the child does have cognizance, again, in the biological sense of the word, then abortion is equivalent to killing a child.

Archived