• Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 3.1
    • OSX
    • OS9
    • Ubuntu 12
    • Ubuntu 11 or earlier
    • Other (Fedora, Chrome OS(lol), Debian etc.)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've switched a lot between windows and Linux through the days, but I always got pissed off to insanity when I couldn't install a driver properly or something in linux, so I just switched back. If I ever get a second computer that I just have to play around with, then damn I'll have linux on that one for sure :P

EDIT: I have windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Windows 8 at the moment.

When I was trying to buy my computer, the only available OS is Windows 8 so I took it anyway.

Turns out it wasn't bad a all, just takes a few day to get used to.

I'd use W8 over Vista or W7.

I use Win 7/8 for my personal laptops, and my server at home that has a dedicated TF2 server on it runs DragonflyBSD.  Would use Dragonfly or another BSD (probs not linux) for my personal computers, but it's not even worth the time to setup a dual boot because I can do day-to-day tasks faster and better on Windows.  As a Computer Scientist, I feel as if Linux (besides Ubuntu/Debian/other simpler distros which I dislike anyways) is too much work to upkeep for a personal laptop (and I use many windows-only programs/games, and WinE is complete crap) compared to Windows in more cases than not.  The BSDs/other *nix variants are my first choice for servers, though.

Dem Windows Vista owners should feel bad.

It's actually not bad for desktops, but for laptops it's horrific.

Archived