• Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 3.1
    • OSX
    • OS9
    • Ubuntu 12
    • Ubuntu 11 or earlier
    • Other (Fedora, Chrome OS(lol), Debian etc.)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Windows 7 on my desktop and Windows 8 on my work laptop. Despite what everyone says about Windows 8, it's actually quite nice once you get used to the interface.

• 2 weeks later...

If you use OSX, you're a rich dumdum who doesn't understand technology.

If you use Linux........................................................

If you use XP, we're not in the 1700s.

If you use Vista, decent Operating system.

If you use Windows 8, pretty bad, but it looks sexy.

If you use Other (Chrome OS, etc.).....................................................

If you use Windows 7, add me.

If you use Other (Chrome OS, etc.).....................................................

thanks for the .......................................................................... It's spelled ms dos though, not ms dot

Do you work for best buy? You have the same idiotic highschool level responses those blue polos give to old people trying to shark them into getting something that is totally unneccessary and overpriced.

Also,

OSX -> primarily a graphic design OS Adobe CS products, CAD, Solidworks etc work much better under OSX than any other OS.

Linux -> for people who want full control over their OS. I gain between 20-30 FPS on my G50Vt launching TF2 from console in Slackware over Windows 7. Linux does have its downfall in the gaming department. However, tricking websites into thinking you are running Windows 2000 and not Linux to prevent attacks and locking down the machine from remote control is very handy when surfing the dark corners of the web.

Win XP -> Even with horrible 64bit support, still was used OS by 80-90% of the business world (non-server environment) BEFORE W7 came out, even during the times of Vista. An actual true achievement worthy OS made by Micro$hit. Still today there are people who continue to use it as it is stable and still supported. You dont need/shouldnt want bleeding edge if you require stability and for shit to just work.

Win Vista -> Awful, just fucking awful.

Win 7 -> the next XP LTS

Win 8 -> Horrible move for M$ to make the next desktop OS geared toward tablets. Guessing that a large portion of the market will never own a touch screen let alone a touchscreen with windows on it while there is iOS and Android already raking in combined over 90% of the market share.  Source As well, how you can think that metro shit looks "sexy" is beyond me.

Chrome OS -> Meant for surfers who do nothing but browse the web and access everything through a browser.

Have you even tried half of the OS's you bashed or have you not been able to a) install it or b ) adapt and thrown a hissy while writing it off as "shit".

Windows 7 on my home computer. My netbook used to run Windows 7 as well, but just recently my OS installation got fried. So, using the skills I had learned on my failed quest to achieve a Tux, I installed Ubuntu 13.04 on it. I pretty much only use it to browse the internet, anyways, so I lose zero functionality over having to make the switch.

I used XP until about 2008, when I finally made the switch to Vista. I switched back briefly to XP in 2010, I believe, but quickly made the move to Windows 7. Of course I've also been using windows 95 and 98, even ME, but I didn't own those computers, they were either school ones or my foster dads. He used ME.

Do you work for best buy? You have the same idiotic highschool level responses those blue polos give to old people trying to shark them into getting something that is totally unneccessary and overpriced.

Have you even tried half of the OS's you bashed or have you not been able to a) install it or b ) adapt and thrown a hissy while writing it off as "shit". (TL:DQ all of it)

shit just got srs m8. 

• 2 weeks later...

lolwut? how and what is it like/??

how? ive made it, took some features of w7 which i liked better than in w8. and took away the metro screen.

whats it like? faster w7 which takes less resources (beast for gaming)

Archived