Steamrep AMA

Professional Map Painter

Posted · Hidden by polar, April 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, April 7, 2015 - No reason given

They'll probably take years to answer the questions too

Posted · Hidden by polar, April 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, April 7, 2015 - No reason given

gb pls

Why should this be in the GB? I for one appreciate this posting because I had not heard about it previously.

Why should this be in the GB? I for one appreciate this posting because I had not heard about it previously.

It's just a link and a silly gif that could've just been put in a status update. Just seems kinda GB-ish to me.

It's just a link and a silly gif that could've just been put in a status update. Just seems kinda GB-ish to me.

Status updates don't make it to the main site. I'm sure a lot of people in our userbase have not heard about this yet and would appreciate the information on the main site.

Anyways, this is NOT a GB thread. Any spam is going to get warnings.

There's not much to discuss until the AMA gets going - tons of threads about Steamrep's faults already exist.

Interesting that they aren't doing it on /r/TF2trade, do they get more CS:GO reports now or something?

Like csgo traders or lounge care about steanrep. They might be trying to exercise more influence on csgo but idk

Like csgo traders or lounge care about steanrep. They might be trying to exercise more influence on csgo but idk

Its because as the TF2 Economy dies they die also. They are only still around due to them partnering to outpost and a few other servers. In CSGO trading no one gives a fuck about steamrep, and SR knows they need to get influence in that market otherwise they wont be around much longer

It's just going to be people explaining all the faults about SR and they are just going to brush it off as nothing. They're power hungry and think they have control, when in reality no one takes SR seriously.

Likely a waste of time with legitimately-concerned (about them) users' questions being deleted.

When I made that big Reddit post, I started it by calling Mattie's words to Bobsplosion corrupt (by going out of his way to force spread SteamRep's influence (although that was regarding TF2) in an age where Valve gives plenty of scam warnings) but really my big concern was them deleting posts on reports (such as "I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS A HIJACKER" and "ALRIGHT I KNEW BUT I'LL STOP NOW BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IT'S BAD" just because they don't consider incriminating evidence to be real evidence).

I'll come read this thread later for an update because it'll be much more informative.

I like how they don't use /r/Steamrep or /r/TF2 because they know people hate them, so they try to reach out to /r/GlobalOffensive.

I hope they agree they will shut down the site or something, because the community is VERY clear they think Steamrep are corrupt.

I like how they don't use /r/Steamrep or /r/TF2 because they know people hate them, so they try to reach out to /r/GlobalOffensive.

I hope they agree they will shut down the site or something, because the community is VERY clear they think Steamrep are corrupt.

CS would never, ever use SR.

CS Scamming is out of control, they could never take on 500k people, when they can't even take on 70k TF2 players.

The report count per day would be like, 100 reports per 5~ hours.

I'm pretty sure SR will close down.

CS would never, ever use SR.

CS Scamming is out of control, they could never take on 500k people, when they can't even take on 70k TF2 players.

The report count per day would be like, 100 reports per 5~ hours.

I'm pretty sure SR will close down.

Its only real purpose is to protect dumb kiddies from scammers. Valve trade bans are able to stop fences/hijackers.

(Separate post in order to bump this topic.) Was anything important answered?

From what I skimmed through, they only really answered questions that weren't concerning the sites shortcomings, and belittled any comment that did. Just take a look at their response to geels comment.

Archived