Why can't Valve shut down the LMAOBOX website?

The Veteran Eagle

It's not like it is infested with hackers on TF2.

TF2 may be the least played multiplayer game from valve, 

but they protect their servers good and ban directly if they see a hacker.

No, they definitely don't. If VAC doesn't catch them VALVe won't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxcEZckmLtY

lmaobox has been around for a long time and people aren't getting banned for it. Same with artificial aim. It's sad, really, and imo saying it doesn't cost them money is crazy. I mostly play TF2 over source now because so few people hack in tf2 and a good hacker in csgo can go undetected even to a keen eye. I only have csgo because I got it in some weird trade and I don't play games like COD BF4 etc because they are rife with hackers(WAY more than people think) 

TF2 mechanics don't lend itself to hackers in the same way typical FPS games do. 

but yeah it really pisses me off to see these douches running around with australiums with a complete lack of respect for Valve's anti-cheat and valve's answer over the last 5+ years is " *shrug* "

Um, actually, Valve COULD do something about it, they just dont care enough.

Valve has every legal right to make a lawsuit against LMAOBox on the grounds that their cheat is making them lose revanue

fenrir, I am guessing you are not a lawyer so it's probably best to not act like you know enough about such a complicated field like the legal system to make such claims. It's okay I'm not either, and don't, but it just adds to the confusion. 

fenrir, I am guessing you are not a lawyer so it's probably best to not act like you know enough about such a complicated field like the legal system to make such claims. It's okay I'm not either, and don't, but it just adds to the confusion. 

Don't correct people when you don't know what the fuck youre talking about. Im being serious. Valve could sue LMAOBOX and ask them to pay damages for lost revenue, since their cheat gives TF2 a bad rap. 

Fenrir, 

Sounds like you know a lot! Feel free to give us a rundown on the process of how this would go down as I don't believe there is any precedent for this sort of thing.

I assumed you didn't know any more about law than a ten year old when you misspelled the word "revenue" but I see you do know what you're talking about so let us know!

Recently, I've been seeing a lot more hackers than usual. I know, they've been around since the time the game existed, but it seems like more hackers are coming out of nowhere nowadays. Sure, VAC will take care of them eventually, but what about the "undetectable" hackers? The ones that use stuff like Premium LMAOBOX or whatever the cool kids call them nowadays?

Which brings me to the next question; why can't Valve just shut down the LMAOBOX website? Since cheating is against the rules in Valve's multiplayer games (hence, why VAC existed in the first place), there should be a law or something that allows Valve to shut down websites like these, right?  Or is there a loophole that somehow protects these kind of websites?

I'm also aware that LMAOBOX is not the only cheating program out there, however, it is one of the most popular ones. Shutting down the website could potentially wipe out over half of the existing hackers today.

So yeah, discuss. 

Valve is working too hard on Half-life 3 to deal with this.

Archived