Why can't Valve shut down the LMAOBOX website?

The Veteran Eagle

Recently, I've been seeing a lot more hackers than usual. I know, they've been around since the time the game existed, but it seems like more hackers are coming out of nowhere nowadays. Sure, VAC will take care of them eventually, but what about the "undetectable" hackers? The ones that use stuff like Premium LMAOBOX or whatever the cool kids call them nowadays?

Which brings me to the next question; why can't Valve just shut down the LMAOBOX website? Since cheating is against the rules in Valve's multiplayer games (hence, why VAC existed in the first place), there should be a law or something that allows Valve to shut down websites like these, right?  Or is there a loophole that somehow protects these kind of websites?

I'm also aware that LMAOBOX is not the only cheating program out there, however, it is one of the most popular ones. Shutting down the website could potentially wipe out over half of the existing hackers today.

So yeah, discuss. 

Same reason MPGH ain't closed. They ain't breaking copyright and valve doesn't really care.

GET GOOD GET LMAOBOX BEST TF2 HACKS

They didn't even take legal action on Gir who accidently DOS'd Valve's servers with his hacks. All they did was give him a VAC on all his accs.

Same reason MPGH ain't closed. They ain't breaking copyright and valve doesn't really care.

I understand the copyright part, but Valve should at least do something about it. A website is 'selling' a hack that bypasses their cheat-detecting system, so Valve should at least care to an extent.

I understand the copyright part, but Valve should at least do something about it. A website is 'selling' a hack that bypasses their cheat-detecting system, so Valve should at least care to an extent.

Valve don't care. Waste of their time trying to do anything, especially when it most likely isn't going to lead to anywhere.

Even if they did... Ain't nothing stopping the hack team from coding a new one and selling it underground.

The problem with selling them underground is that kids won't be smart enough to find it. 

The problem with selling them underground is that kids won't be smart enough to find it. 

MPGH / UC / AJ is much easier to find than lmaobox.net.

TF2 is one of their least played games of their main 3 multiplayer games, and considering they don't really need to take it down because it isn't costing them money, there's very little interest to do anything about it.

lotta nonsense itt 

My guess is they're selling it for informational purposes only, but that seems dubious. I really don't know and lmaobox is definitely not the only undetectable cheat software out there.

Valve has too much faith in VAC as their only anti-cheat method / they're being bribed.

Can anyone confirm that site actually works? I can only assume that LMAOBOX is a hoax, and a waste of time/money, because who needs hacks? For video games? Kinda defeats the purpose in video games, imo.

@OP: It's like modification websites for MMOs. Sure, they can be considered illegal by the company, but they can't shut it down because they have no justification via copyright.

Can anyone confirm that site actually works? I can only assume that LMAOBOX is a hoax, and a waste of time/money, because who needs hacks? For video games? Kinda defeats the purpose in video games, imo.

You can just make alternative accounts to consistently troll on. That's why when I was an administrator for Disc-FF, I just asked the owner to hand out I.P. bans to any LMAO user I found after I permanently banned them.

You can just make alternative accounts to consistently troll on. 

This is also the reason why many gamers refuse to play any f2p game since anyone can get away with anything very easily

j2qMh4I.jpg

I fucking hate lmaobox, but IMO part of the blame has to go to valve for letting this go on so long.  If someone can jump on an f2p alt and join any server with hacks that have been around for so many years, and they're not risking anything while being able to destroy the fun of everyone else and ruin a server, something is obviously broken.  You've made it too easy, valve.  FFS, people can make unlimited throwaway alts for free and just use free hacks forever.  You're obviously partially to blame for this.

Yeah, really, I noticed the influx of hackers. It's, as my brother puts it, "Like fugging Roblox with all the hackers now."

My Solution:

1. Report them
  2. Join a new server
  3. Pretend it never happened

In that order. Little MLG wannabe kids will get bored of it eventually. The hackers are bound to die off.

They didn't even take legal action on Gir who accidently DOS'd Valve's servers with his hacks. All they did was give him a VAC on all his accs.

OR

valve doesn't know what "DMCA" is

It's not like it is infested with hackers on TF2.

TF2 may be the least played multiplayer game from valve, 

but they protect their servers good and ban directly if they see a hacker.

Archived