So whatre you guys going to do when the market crashes?

ThePhantomSpank

Buds will probably drop to like 8 keys, then like always, they will raise to like 15 keys. They will then drop again.

Lol. Buds will become random craft hat in the next few months and never hope they will raise again

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i hope for buds raising again but all i can do is hope. I sold all of unusuals for over 300 keys alredy which im putting into cs go where i alredy have around 50 buds of cs go items. Still gonna keep a couple of unusuals (10-20) and hope for buds to go up again :)

happy that unusuals are getitng priced in keys now . rip buds.

edit: market isnt crashing, buds are

Buy some stranges I've wanted for a while like the funslinger and kritz and enjoy playing the game with good stranges.

Me and a friend always wondered, what are the people that buy backpacks and such gonna do when they wanna cash out? Like, all the items in tf2 have to either end up somewhere or just get deleted. Who's gonna pay for all of em? Soon enough, when TF2 trading becomes obsolete the demand for all rather higher value items is going to become slim to none. Thus making them worth slim to nothing. People that buy backpacks are basically using their money, and feeding a game that will soon become obsolete. I don't see the point in it. That's why I've cashed out more than half of my backpack in about a week.

The economy isn't crashing; buds have been dying for a long time now as they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The same goes for ref. Once buds get low enough unusuals will become decoupled from buds and become coupled to keys instead. 

I think it's already happening.  Buds can be had currently for 8 keys, yet most people seem to use 1 bud = 10 keys for pricing their hats now.  Plus, we're already seeing more suggestions in keys, which is probably just a bi-product of many people not accepting buds anymore.  

The economy isn't crashing; buds have been dying for a long time now as they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The same goes for ref. Once buds get low enough unusuals will become decoupled from buds and become coupled to keys instead. 

The bud part makes total sense but what will happen to ref, dont we need those smaller denominations, what will we do with it?

Keep playing TF2, get the rest of the items that are on my wishlist for dirt cheap, build stranges, and play more TF2...

The bud part makes total sense but what will happen to ref, dont we need those smaller denominations, what will we do with it?

Well, TF2 is really the only one with a currency smaller than keys; so while ref does make things convenient it also weakens the value of normal items in a sense -- as they're not considered pure (as their is a pure option). And by doesn't serve a purpose, I mean that it doesn't serve a purpose other than act as a currency for cheaper items...which means it's highly dependent on those cheaper items which get more and more common each day. 

I'm going to wait for everything to level out to a reasonable market, which it will.

hell yeah dude. unusuals have always been way too overpriced in my eyes. like, the entire unusual market. with the addition of sooo many more unusuals, keeping value is just not going to happen. I know it's all supply and demand, and people are willing to pay hefty prices for hats, but it just doesn't seem reasonable in 2015

Well, TF2 is really the only one with a currency smaller than keys; so while ref does make things convenient it also weakens the value of normal items in a sense -- as they're not considered pure (as their is a pure option). And by doesn't serve a purpose, I mean that it doesn't serve a purpose other than act as a currency for cheaper items...which means it's highly dependent on those cheaper items which get more and more common each day.

So basically CS:GO and other games will never have the deep underlying problem that tf2 has always had? Interesting. Honestly considering moving, and I don't even play CS lol.

So basically CS:GO and other games will never have the deep underlying problem that tf2 has always had? Interesting. Honestly considering moving, and I don't even play CS lol.

How is ref a "deep underlying problem"? 

I'm going to keep playing the game since the only trading I do is for stranges to add to my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep all my hats because they're pretty and keep playing the game like I always have.

imo once buds hit like 5-6 keys (which they probably will given that there are already sellers under 8) people won't use them as an unusual currency anymore. Keys are the much better option all around, the only block from tf2 switching to a key centered economy is all the people who still own buds, as well as the existence of super high tier hats which cant reasonably be bought with keys.

just realized you guys predicted the fucking future

just realized you guys predicted the fucking future

You can't quite call it "predicting the future" if all evidence already points to it. That's like claiming some chess champion is going to beat a chess rookie and then bragging about it when it does happen.

Archived