*Sigh* Five Nights At Sellout's confirmed

Hazza

http://imgur.com/83FTT26

Apparently he put this up on Five Nights At Freddy's 3's announcements page then took it down soon after.

The extra letters in the 2nd and 3rd sentences of the last paragraph spell out 'fredbears'. Anyone who knows about FNAF like to explain that?

Anyway, thoughts?

http://imgur.com/83FTT26

Apparently he put this up on Five Nights At Freddy's 3's announcements page then took it down soon after.

The extra letters in the 2nd and 3rd sentences of the last paragraph spell out 'fredbears'. Anyone who knows about FNAF like to explain that?

Anyway, thoughts?

At least he's taking a break. If there's one thing I can't stand more than a crap game it's a rushed crap game that gets way more sequels than it needs.

At least he's taking a break. If there's one thing I can't stand more than a crap game it's a rushed crap game that gets way more sequels than it needs.

I agree. I think the first was ok, the second was absolutely terrible, and the third was pretty good. But unfortunately, because there was only a 2/3 month gap between each games' release, he had no time to make them good.

Call of Duty in a nutshell.

At least he's taking some time to make it.

Also, why do people find every reason possible to hate a game thats gotten popular? Even if it is ok?

Also, why do people find every reason possible to hate a game thats gotten popular? Even if it is ok?

Because people are jelly they aren't making money.

the end

/thread

I think the main reasons are:

1: The 12 year old idiots who jumped on the bandwagon when PleaseDiePie and Markiplier played it (just like every other decent indie game they play)

2: As people have said, the amount of time the creator spends on the development (very little) is reflected in the quality of the game. I personally think it's alright, because it's not on COD level yet, but I can't deny it's getting there.

So yeah.

I think the main reasons are:

1: The 12 year old idiots who jumped on the bandwagon when PleaseDiePie and Markiplier played it (just like every other decent indie game they play)

2: As people have said, the amount of time the creator spends on the development (very little) is reflected in the quality of the game. I personally think it's alright, because it's not on COD level yet, but I can't deny it's getting there.

So yeah.

3: People are jelly that he is making a shit ton and they aren't.

The first one came out on the 8th of August. It has only been 7 months, and a 4th has already been confirmed. Calm down, Scott.

The first one came out on the 8th of August. It has only been 7 months, and a 4th has already been confirmed. Calm down, Scott.

unless you have any visible proof, i'm just going to regard this as fake

Many of the people here may not know this, (judging by the immense hate on the game series), but there actually is a very in-depth storyline in the Five Nights at Freddy's series. It tells a tale of multiple children who were murdered by a serial killer, whose souls came back to inhabit the animatronics of their favorite restaurant. Game one deals with the story after the murders, when the original restaurant was closed down and purchased by another franchise and later opened. Game two was a predecessor chronologically to game one, and took place before the events of the first game, and references to the murders and some of the other events mentioned in game 1. Game 3 deals with the murderer who was trapped inside a suit by a different animatronic, who is placed inside a Haunted House of sorts based on the events from Game 1 and Game 2. 

It's much more than JUST a jumpscare series. It also has a very interesting, in-depth story about a serial killer and the souls of the lost children who were involved.

Most people don't care to see that far into the game, and only see it as creepy animatronic dolls trying to scare you. Gameplay-wise, it isn't the most challenging or interactive experience, but this horror series has a better story built around it than most horror games I've ever experienced.

I for one am very excited for more games. It'll continue Scott's story and further develop it. To those who are somehow chapped that such a series can continue, I ask this:

How in any way does this hurt or burden you? If you don't like the game, simply don't buy it. =/

Furthermore, some may feel that the games were rushed or terribly implemented, but I feel the opposite. Each game plays on a different fear, and each game does a great job at reflecting that. 

Game 1 plays on the person feeling HELPLESS. You're stuck in a small corridor and can only close doors and turn on lights. You can't DO anything. 

Game 2 plays on the person feeling OVERWHELMED. You have so much coming at you and so much to monitor that it is often times hard to cope.
Game 3 plays on the person feeling UNSURE. The game has simple mechanics but the creature trying to get the player has so many options on how to proceed that the player doesn't know the best way to deal with it.

Each game does it's job very well and hits what it is aiming at. There's no way these games are bad. They just don't tailor to everyone.

It's also worth mentioning that 3 of the top 5 games on Google Play at the time of posting this are FNAF games. It wouldn't be this way if the games sucked. Just saying.

Many of the people here may not know this, (judging by the immense hate on the game series), but there actually is a very in-depth storyline in the Five Nights at Freddy's series. It tells a tale of multiple children who were murdered by a serial killer, whose souls came back to inhabit the animatronics of their favorite restaurant. Game one deals with the story after the murders, when the original restaurant was closed down and purchased by another franchise and later opened. Game two was a predecessor chronologically to game one, and took place before the events of the first game, and references to the murders and some of the other events mentioned in game 1. Game 3 deals with the murderer who was trapped inside a suit by a different animatronic, who is placed inside a Haunted House of sorts based on the events from Game 1 and Game 2. 

It's much more than JUST a jumpscare series. It also has a very interesting, in-depth story about a serial killer and the souls of the lost children who were involved.

Read the rest above, because you should. I never felt like the gameplay was the main part of the game, the story is. The games are indeed different.

Oh and if that screenshot is true, please note he said January 2016. I highly doubt it is true though, why would he take it down?

Also I'd say this would be a sellout IF the games were either A) 20-30$ a piece or B] completely focused on gameplay with no story. However, this is not the case. I feel like a lot of you hate on the game because of the fandom, could you tell me the problem with that?

maybe people who like the game????

Ew.

The fandom for this game is shit. 

I actually can't think of a good fandom, but this one goes above and beyond.

I don't care what these games stand for. I personally believe they are shit games. After the first game, the concept got old and boring.

-snip-

This. Despite the games being released in a very short time from one another, they still do mix up the gameplay just enough that each game is technically different from one another, which is far more than what can be said for games like fifa who hash out games in a similar timespan but do absolutely nothing new and are obvious copy-pastes from one another and are much more expensive. And even if you feel no need to play the games, the story is still interesting enough for what little they tell you that it is interesting to hear. 

And as for the break scott may take, it makes sense if he does, especially considering what happens if you get the good ending in FnaF3.

It tells a tale of multiple children who were murdered by a serial killer, whose souls came back to inhabit the animatronics of their favorite restaurant. 

-blank- was murdered by a serial killer, their soul(s) came back to haunt -blank-

So basically every single horror movie ever made. Originality.

And no, I don't like the series. They're rushed, overhyped, crappily made and for some reason get off well. Have you flippin' seen the killing jumpscare of the 3rd game? This fucking animatronic just walks up to you as if to ask if you have seen his wallet or something. That is what this series prides itself upon, and it should not be proud.

-And no, I don't like the series. They're rushed, overhyped, crappily made and for some reason get off well. Have you flippin' seen the killing jumpscare of the 3rd game? This fucking animatronic just walks up to you as if to ask if you have seen his wallet or something. That is what this series prides itself upon, and it should not be proud.

I'm sorry but I fail to see something bad about overhyping. Crappily made? By one guy, maybe. Rushed? He needed to rush it, otherwise the hype train would've stopped. And yet again, the series isn't based on the jumpscares.

Have you flippin' seen the killing jumpscare of the 3rd game? This fucking animatronic just walks up to you as if to ask if you have seen his wallet or something. That is what this series prides itself upon, and it should not be proud.

You know he isn't the only jumpscare in the game right? If anything, he is just the confirmed kill, since the other jumpscares can't kill you. Plus, him not killing you in the same fashion as the animatronics in the other games makes sense after you find out who he actually is.

This. Despite the games being released in a very short time from one another, they still do mix up the gameplay just enough that each game is technically different from one another, which is far more than what can be said for games like fifa who hash out games in a similar timespan but do absolutely nothing new and are obvious copy-pastes from one another and are much more expensive. And even if you feel no need to play the games, the story is still interesting enough for what little they tell you that it is interesting to hear. 

And as for the break scott may take, it makes sense if he does, especially considering what happens if you get the good ending in FnaF3.

At least Fifa release one a year... Scott could take his ''few months'' off and still release the next one before the games first anniversary.

I'm sorry but I fail to see something bad about overhyping. Crappily made? By one guy, maybe. Rushed? He needed to rush it, otherwise the hype train would've stopped. And yet again, the series isn't based on the jumpscares.

Needed to rush it? Are you kidding? If he needed to rush it then he should have just smothered the entire fandom in the crib, if they're THAT needy.

This series is ENTIRELY jumpscares, the plot is about as deep as the shallow end of a teaspoon.

Archived