*Sigh* Five Nights At Sellout's confirmed

Hazza

the plot is about as deep as the shallow end of a teaspoon.

Perhaps, but that does not mean people still don't enjoy seeing it play out to its conclusion in Fnaf3

Perhaps, but that does not mean people still don't enjoy seeing it play out to its conclusion in Fnaf3

The fact that people like it doesn't make it objectively not bad.

Some people pop bubblewrap for fun but I wouldn't call that a good game either.

The fact that people like it doesn't make it objectively not bad.

Some people pop bubblewrap for fun but I wouldn't call that a good game either.

True, but like the bubblewrap, it still provided entertainment to someone and to a certain extent. Which goes back into a point already brought up earlier; this game isn't for everyone, but to those who enjoyed it, they simply enjoyed it for what it was.

True, but like the bubblewrap, it still provided entertainment to someone and to a certain extent. Which goes back into a point already brought up earlier; this game isn't for everyone, but to those who enjoyed it, they simply enjoyed it for what it was.

''I like this because I liked it'' it not a good argument.

Whyyyyy, I'm genuinely curious what's likable about... this.

Why not? If I happen to like some music, do I need to say why? Can't I just say ''it sounds great''?

Whyyyyy, I'm genuinely curious what's likable about... this.

People like the plot because, despite it being pretty simple, it's still interesting with what it does give, like I stated already before. Same goes with the gameplay; it's simple as well, but it can become challenging once you tackle the 20/20/20 or nightmare modes. Plots don't always need to be these complex 20 hour campaigns to be enjoyable as long as it does enough to keep you interested, which is its point. Same goes for gameplay, otherwise games like the mario or kirby series would not be as popular as they are, despite having a bare bones plot (outside of the paper mario/RPG games) and very simple gameplay.

Same goes for gameplay, otherwise games like the mario or kirby series would not be as popular as they are. 

Except those series are well over 20 years old, when it wasn't possible to have gameplay and plots as complicated as is possible by today's standards. The FNAF series wasn't made 20 years ago, it's barely at 7 months. If people want an arcade game with simple gameplay and story, arcade games all the way.

As a game creator, he's doing an awful job

As a businessman, he's doing a fantastic job

Shoveling out his product while it's popular to guarantee money.  If the game is shit and doesn't have anywhere to go, why would he put tons of effort into it and release it when he isn't going to be relevant anymore?

People like the plot because, despite it being pretty simple, it's still interesting with what it does give, like I stated already before. Same goes with the gameplay; it's simple as well, but it can become challenging once you tackle the 20/20/20 or nightmare modes. Plots don't always need to be these complex 20 hour campaigns to be enjoyable as long as it does enough to keep you interested, which is its point. Same goes for gameplay, otherwise games like the mario or kirby series would not be as popular as they are, despite having a bare bones plot (outside of the paper mario/RPG games) and very simple gameplay.

The Mario gameplay managed to keep fresh for 25 years, it's only now the 2D ones are stagnating. 25 years is a touch longer than 6 months, I think you'll agree.

And at least nobody goes ''Ohhh Mario has this really deep lore you don't know about, only the faaaaans know about it~''

You sound like you're making excuses for it ._. ''What is DOES give is interesting.'' And at no point did you use the word fun ;___:

And from Paincakes' point, it's just occurred to me how similar FNaF and Pac-man are. Like, seriously.

The Mario gameplay managed to keep fresh for 25 years, it's only now the 2D ones are stagnating. 25 years is a touch longer than 6 months, I think you'll agree.

And at least nobody goes ''Ohhh Mario has this really deep lore you don't know about, only the faaaaans know about it~''

You sound like you're making excuses for it ._. ''What is DOES give is interesting.'' And at no point did you use the word fun ;___:

And from Paincakes' point, it's just occurred to me how similar FNaF and Pac-man are. Like, seriously.

Technically people have pulled the mario lore thing, at least in regards to RPG; whenever I tell someone who has played it that I never have, they pretty much do the same thing that you all state the extreme members of the Fnaf fanbase do.

Also, I can't claim it is fun because I have not played the games due to me having a fear of jumpscares; I can only watch others play them and judge the game based from what I have seen, which is why a majority of my interest in the games comes from the simple story, which isn't suppose to be fun; if it wasn't for that then I would never care to look into the games since I can't play horror games (I'm a wuss)

Looking back at my comments though, I guess it does seem that I am somewhat making an excuse for the games. But it's what I do feel about the games as a whole, so I'm not sure how else I should word it.

I don't care much for the games, but you have to admit that the series has been a fantastic cash cow for the developer.

Maybe he can finally invest some of that money and make a higher budget game with a proper studio.

I honestly don't see what's so great about it. Its alright the first time you play it I guess, but after that who cares.

And the two sequels dont look much different, but you do have to admit they made a ton of money off of it

*Ahem*

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME 

The dude just needs to let the Franchise end at the third game. The ending was a conclusion to the series with th children's souls being released. If he tries to milk this cash cow anymore, I have no respect for him as the games are literally about the money then. 

Ew.

The fandom for this game is shit. 

i agree with you on that one

i like the mechanics of the game in general, but when it comes to people roleplaying as animatronics and wanting to put their genitalia into a robotic chicken

eh that crosses the line

Idiot fans who like a shitty overrated games

That's all it is

The creator keeps making games cause it'll make him a shit ton of money, the fans will buy it no matter how rushed or crap it is.

Archived