Mac or PC?

Baloo

Mac or PC?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• PC
    • Mac
    • I don't know what I have
    • I have something so amazing that by telling you, I'd be breaking international law and you'd be shot onsite.

I run OSX inside a virtual console within my Linux build that is also running in a virtual console within my Windows Vista PC which is another virtual console that runs from my Windows 7

I got to say pc, better price for what you get, I spent 1500$ on my pc, and compared it to my friends 2,000$ mac, beat it in everyway. (for the price pc is better)

Mac is only good for artist stuff. I used to photoshop with a mac. 

Pc is better for everything else. And it doesn't cost as much. 

Mac is only good for artist stuff. I used to photoshop with a mac. 

Pc is better for everything else. And it doesn't cost as much. 

this.

mac is only good for photo/video/music editing and web design, aka artistic stuff

I've tried Mac, and I feel way too limited to work. Not much of freedom.

I use a Windows and Linux system, they are more reliable and powerful to run what I need. Plus I'm planning on spending $4,000+ on a PC.

Both....

Pc for gaming, mac for everything else.

Same, laptop 4 the gaming, mac for the school and everything else.

da faq

You can always change the OS, on a PC. If you want a different OS on a Mac, you often end up sacrificing a lot of power to run a VM. Therefore, a lot of people who like Macs will run the Mac OS on a PC, so that they can modify the hardware to compensate.

You can always change the OS, on a PC. If you want a different OS on a Mac, you often end up sacrificing a lot of power to run a VM. Therefore, a lot of people who like Macs will run the Mac OS on a PC, so that they can modify the hardware to compensate.

Actually, a Mac _is_ a personal computer (PC); the topic should be Windows vs Mac. Everything after the Core 2 duo has Intel's virtualization tech in it, so running a VM on Mac OS X is just as fast as anything else. You can install any operating system on an Intel Mac and you can install Linux on a PPC Mac if you wanted to.

I triple boot a Macbook Pro: Mac & Linux for everything except TF2, the only use I have for a Windows XP partition, and only because the video card isn't supported in Linux.

Why not just play TF2 on OSX?

Also, if you're going to get technical, its windows vs. osx

It's a 2006 Macbook Pro and the video drivers in OS X are underclocked by 30%, which makes the game unplayable. It's barely playable in Windows (800x600 resolution with chris' dx9frames), but it's good enough for me.

And yeah, Mac = Mac OS X, but whatever.

Archived