Gifted Unusuals

Rufflz.#

Hey!

Happy New Year. :)

I have a question.

Why is everyone pissing themselves about gift tags and saying that unusuals are worth less then duped once just because they are gifted?

Does that 3 Words in the Description really matter?

I dont Understand why the Tf2 Community is like this.

I mean i have a pretty low Tier Hat with Kill-A-Watt Effect and everyone is offering me like 8 keys for it just because it is gifted!?

Even DUPED Hat`s get higher offers because not everyone is able to look up the History...

It's Still the damn same hat with the same effect. Some Lucky Person Unboxed it and i payed enough for it.

Sorry but that is surely Stupid..

It's like buying something rare in real life that has written a small name on the bottom where no one can see it...

Well it is just a Virtual Item so why are People so mad about Gift Tags?

Lots of people just find it annoying to see something like "Gifted by xXYolo420SilentSc0peXx" and since you can't remove it. It looks really ugly when looking at the item's info.

Yes, but it's still the Same hat with the Same Effect.

Pure Showoff if it has 3 Words More or less. Doesnt change the Hat or the way that it came into the game.

Edit-

Isnt the Community the Market?

Community has accepted this trading rule for way to long.

And yes i AM Mad because i made a huge loss ~ 1 month of trading for nothing...

Pure Showoff if it has 3 Words More or less. Doesnt change the Hat or the way that it came into the game.

Doesn't mean shit. Why should I bother to pay the same for a hat which has a gift tag if I can get a clean version?

Edit-

Isnt the Community the Market?

Community has accepted this trading rule for way to long.

And yes i AM Mad because i made a huge loss ~ 1 month of trading for nothing...

Yes it is the same hat. But owning an unusual hat is either to

1) Show off.

2) Profit.

Both of these affected by having gift tags.

1) When you're showing off a hat to your group of internet/real-life friends. Would you rather pay for a hat that doesn't have the gift tag or the one that does have the gift tag? To most of the players in TF2. A hat that has no gift tag looks much more appealing to us.

2) When trying to profit off a gifted unusual. Keep in mind that the gift tag makes it less more desirable for the same reason in number one. People want to show off unusuals. Therefore it makes sense people would pay more for a hat without the gifted tag instead of paying the same for one that does. The one without the gift tag looks more appealing and more 'clean'.

Doesn't mean shit. Why should I bother to pay the same for a hat which has a gift tag if I can get a clean version?

Well why aint gift tags removable like Craft-Tags ?

I dont understand it.

I first wanted to contact valve about it and ask if they might change it, but i dont know where to do that.

And sorry if anyone feels insulted but i'm just curious >-<

Duped hats have have lower value because back in the old days of tf2 valve sometimes removed duped items they no longer do this not so it's pretty much like a preference. Dupes dont really effect the value of the hat unless you're in the 10bud+ range anyways.

Gifted hats are visually annoying. There is nothing more annoying to see a nice unusual hat saying "gifted by pr0snIp3r" hence lower value.

I don't know, maybe it's because they can be on shitty third gen Sniper hats.

Don't come here to bitch about how hard it is to sell an unusual you have.

Well why aint gift tags removable like Craft-Tags ?

I dont understand it.

Kind of defeats the purpose of 'gifting'. What is the point of gifting a hat to a good buddy of yours if you're just gonna remove it the next day. It'd be better if they just traded it to you instead.

I don't know, maybe it's because they can be on shitty third gen Sniper hats.

Don't come here to bitch about how hard it is to sell an unusual you have.

damn, nice answer to my questions.

Thanks! Ur such a nice person :)

Well i didnt know that in this Forum there are exactly the Kind of People that i didnt wanted to ask questions.

Hope you still have a nice day.

Well, you can even masturbate to it.

I don't want to Judge :)

Well, this topic has surely escalated to some lengths.

Well, you can even masturbate to it.

I don't want to Judge :)

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I'm going to leave this thread before the autism expands even further.

damn, nice answer to my questions.

Thanks! Ur such a nice person :)

Well i didnt know that in this Forum there are exactly the Kind of People that i didnt wanted to ask questions.

Hope you still have a nice day.

You made a dumb statement, you get aggressive responses.

In reality, most traders here are reselling hats. To them, they may not give a shit if it is or isnt duped or gifted, what matters is RESALE. If people DONT want gifted hats or dupes and refuse to pay a price for it, then who wants the hat? Neither the seller nor the buyer.

Don't be mad and complain here. Not only is it unprofessional, but it shows how incompatible you are with a business world. If you can't handle 1 bad mistake, I worry for your future sir. I've made plenty of mistakes in my trading career and I am standing perfectly fine several weeks and months later. 

I belive you already know the answer so I will just tell you this.

Don't make a tread here to ask something like that, this is just how ignorant of a community we have here as you can see, next time just ask only to someone who is an experienced trader :)

Happy new year!

Archived