Classified Ads, limit to 1 per item

BURRITTOOOOOO  Sound OFF

I suggested this over a year ago :)

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/4382-merge-multiple-classifieds-of-the-same-item-into-1/

But I think there are some problems with merging and that's why it hasn't been done so far.

At the very least, limit it to 1 classifieds per item per account until they can work out the merging. Will solve the spam issue at the very least.

Simple way to not get post item traded, put it at the very end of your backpack.

At the very least, limit it to 1 classifieds per item per account until they can work out the merging. Will solve the spam issue at the very least.

Simple way to not get post item traded, put it at the very end of your backpack.

That would break bp.tf automatic + automatic removal of classifieds.

Also merging is complicated. Let's say I'm selling buds level 42 and 100. I wouldn't want to have them merged, would you? There are no 2 identical items, histories are also important for some people. It's tricky idea in general and that's why it has been not implemented.

hell no.

classifieds are just for that.what if I own 10 of the same misc should I wait to relist each one everytime I got 1 sell?

That is no practical for  me.I prefer list them all and wait for the trades to be complicated,if that creates fear and price drop its not a classifieds issue.

they work just fine for me. I dont agree.

Also it is easier to calculate trends about currency items.

hell no.

classifieds are just for that.what if I own 10 of the same misc should I wait to relist each one everytime I got 1 sell?

That is no practical for  me.I prefer list them all and wait for the trades to be complicated,if that creates fear and price drop its not a classifieds issue.

they work just fine for me. I dont agree.

Also it is easier to calculate trends about currency items.

They can make it smarter. Like if one is gone it will check if a similar item is also available and it will be removed once all of them are sold or you close it. And mark how many were sold.

• 1 month later...

This would work better if it only showed 1 listing per user on the item's page to prevent spam. Only allowing 1 for sale breaks automatic and is impractical.

Archived