Merge multiple classifieds of the same item into 1

HusKy

Classifieds are getting used more and more nowadays, however, if you are selling multiple of the same item, you are involuntarily spamming classifieds with the same offer over and over.

I propose merging same offers into a single classified ad.

Implementation of this is up to Brad Pitt.

One option is to be able to choose multiple items of the same name/defindex/quality when making a classified ad. It's understood that each of these items is being sold for the specified amount and the comment belongs to all N items.

Here's how it looks now:

http://i.imgur.com/7b7T5bA.png

Doesnt this count as relisting and or spamming the same trades?

Edit: Ive seen many classifieds before simply listing out how many they have in stock in the notes before. I guess some implementation of official rules regarding the use of classifieds would be better. This is because even if brad implements a new system, if they listed all of those separately i am sure they would still do the same afterwards regardless.

Plox ban people who put classified listings of unusuals for 1 scrap?

They even say "Not selling for a scrap." Mother of god.

Please kill me.

if they listed all of those separately i am sure they would still do the same afterwards regardless.

the new system should not allow you to do such thing

some new rules would probably have to be added

Edit: Ive seen many classifieds before simply listing out how many they have in stock in the notes before. I guess some implementation of official rules regarding the use of classifieds would be better. This is because even if brad implements a new system, if they listed all of those separately i am sure they would still do the same afterwards regardless.

If you have 18 buds, you're allowed to make 18 listings (should you choose to) as you're selling 18 specific items. I deleted your reports because they are invalid. The site will not let you create multiple listings for the same original ID.

As for "merging", I think it's an interesting idea but at the moment definitely not a priority =/

As for "merging", I think it's an interesting idea but at the moment definitely not a priority =/

*cough* Craft numbers/Odd-level'd vintages *cough*

• 5 months later...

Already been answered here:
http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/4382-merge-multiple-classifieds-of-the-same-item-into-1/

-snip-

If you have 18 buds, you're allowed to make 18 listings (should you choose to) as you're selling 18 specific items. I deleted your reports because they are invalid. The site will not let you create multiple listings for the same original ID.

The biggest problem I see is the fact that right now each ad is tied to a single item ID. So it's easy to track it, see if it has been sold etc. With "Amount available" you would lose this particular advantage since you no longer know, which items are tied to this ad and that might cause trouble with auto-removal of ads and so on. There is at least one corner case I can think of so this wouldn't work well.

Yeah. It's annoying that a whole bunch of selling bots post like a gazillion classified listings for keys spamming everyone else out.

The biggest problem I see is the fact that right now each ad is tied to a single item ID. So it's easy to track it, see if it has been sold etc. With "Amount available" you would lose this particular advantage since you no longer know, which items are tied to this ad and that might cause trouble with auto-removal of ads and so on. There is at least one corner case I can think of so this wouldn't work well.

The 'amount available' could (and should) be capped at the maximum number in the users backpack. 

I.e. There would be a quantity box when you make a listing with a drop down menu ranging from 1 to the number of them in your backpack. And every time it gets bumped it compares your bp and sees how many items are in your backpack; and if you selected 'all' then that number could increase as you got more stock; and if you selected '3' (for example) then it would list it as 3 and decrease every time one gets sold. 

As I said, that would not work well. Here's the corner case example:

I have 5 buds - 3 of them are regular levels (for sale), 1 pair is level 42 (for sale), 1 pair is level 100 (not for sale).

I want to advertise my 3 regular buds on the bp.tf, so I set "3" as the amount.

I'm also selling my level 42 buds, but only on tf2op because I want something extra for the level.

However, at this time, someone offers to buy my level 42 buds which I have been advertising on tf2op.

How does bp.tf know not to decrease the amount by 1?

If you are not tracking specific ID's, it simply won't work. Not the way it works now, which is fully automated.

As I said, that would not work well. Here's the corner case example:

If you are not tracking specific ID's, it simply won't work. Not the way it works now, which is fully automated.

For such super rare special cases simple remake your listing.

Or you list all items on their own as currently but the SITE only shows 1 multiple in stock. If you don't want to one of your items gets counted on that stock then click on a checkmark (exclude from stock listings because of special level etc). That could work (abuse of that checkmark can be reported).

Ads for the same item type with the same qualities and at the same price can be combined without much issue as woifi is pointing out. Compare the newest ad you make to the ones you already have listed and if it matches the item type, qualities, Parts/paint and price then the ad gets combined

For such super rare special cases simple remake your listing.

Or you list all items on their own as currently but the SITE only shows 1 multiple in stock. If you don't want to one of your items gets counted on that stock then click on a checkmark (exclude from stock listings because of special level etc). That could work (abuse of that checkmark can be reported).

Yes, it's a rare case but from programmers point of view, it's a problem. And with the amount of users bp.tf has, it would be happening daily.

There are other solutions, but in the end it depends on Brad/Fiskie if they want to implement it since it doesn't seem like any of them is completely straight-forward.

Archived