Might have found an Instant Profit Method

Uncle Dong

SO while trying to make my Pro KS Claidheamh Mor kit i discovered that a KS gloves on running kit costs 17 cents (.66?)

a003d71fca0f2731ec1557f89b459040.png

and when it is applied it makes it 28 cents (1.11?)

9f8bc37a255733a169a28f7aa1cc3644.png

so all you have to do is apply it and sell it on the market or trade it for Ref

(Obviously it wont sell instantly on the market so be patient)

This doesnt really apply for Specs or Pros since you need other KS's to make it

So what do you think of this method?

Erm...people have been doing this for ages?

Havent you seen the memes from bp.tf when there was the whole "we use use scm as proof". I did this with the awper hand for a while and then stopped :3

Memes like

Ks kit = 50cents, weapon 1$

Kill streak weapon = 4$!

Just need to find an item which makes more than the steam tax 

still tho

the tax is like 3 cents so sell it for 25 cents

In USD, you'd be making 3-5 cents profit per transaction. If you live in the US, you are limited to 200 listings per calender year unless you prove tax-payer information like name, address, and Social Security Number. That's $6-$10 of profit per year.

I could make $6-$10 using only 10 of those listings.

In USD, you'd be making 3-5 cents profit per transaction. If you live in the US, you are limited to 200 listings per calender year unless you prove tax-payer information like name, address, and Social Security Number. That's $6-$10 of profit per year.

I could make $6-$10 using only 10 of those listings.

Not american im canadian so does it still apply since tax isnt really a problem out here?

Not american im canadian so does it still apply since tax isnt really a problem out here?

Tax applies to EVERYONE. But, not everyone is subject to the 200 listing limit.

You'd be better off spending your time doing other more profitable stuff than wasting your time buying kits off the market, buying the GRUs required to apply them, running TF2 to actually apply them, then relisting them on the SCM for pennies profit.

If you live in the US, you are limited to 200 listings per calender year

So that means if I'm not in the yunaited esteits then I get to make all the listings I want?

Tax applies to EVERYONE. But, not everyone is subject to the 200 listing limit.

You'd be better off spending your time doing other more profitable stuff than wasting your time buying kits off the market, buying the GRUs required to apply them, running TF2 to actually apply them, then relisting them on the SCM for pennies profit.

Hmm...any suggestions on what to do instead?

Hmm...any suggestions on what to do instead?

Find items that give you more money on the SCM for your keys than if you sold the same number of keys on the SCM.

Strange Construction PDA is a nice example. If you can buy one for 8 keys, you can sell it on the SCM for ~20 USD after taxes. If you sold 8 keys on the SCM by themselves, you'd be getting ~18 USD after taxes.

Find items that give you more money on the SCM for your keys than if you sold the same number of keys on the SCM.

Strange Construction PDA is a nice example. If you can buy one for 8 keys, you can sell it on the SCM for ~20 USD after taxes. If you sold 8 keys on the SCM by themselves, you'd be getting ~18 USD after taxes.

To bad i only have 3 keys

To bad i only have 3 keys

I'm sure there are items that are worth ~3 Keys that'll give more than $6 on the SCM after taxes. You just gotta look for 'em.

Yeah I noticed this a while back too and it makes no sense at all.  It applies to a lot of different weapons.  It's batshit crazy, but for some reason...  maybe there are just people out there who don't understand what a strangifier or a ks kit is and so they don't buy them, making the strangified/killstreak version disproportionally more expensive because it gets bought more?  I'm grasping at straws here.

I don't but the unique killstreak kit unless I need some for crafting. But have sold plenty (generally if they are over $0.60 or for a weapon I don't have).

But I can tell you I have bought many spec & pro fabricator kits for cheap, crafted them because I already have the robo parts and sold them for good profit.

Might have found an Instant Profit Method

(Obviously it wont sell instantly on the market so be patient)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So basically you're spending 17 cents, then re-selling for 28 cents (minus 15 tax) meaning you get 25 cents.  So essentially you've made 8 cents profit here.  If you did this ten times, you'd make 80 cents profit.  You'd have to do this 80 times to make $8.  See where I'm going with this?  Yeah it's profit, but it's pennies and it's slow.  Not worth the effort.  

Archived