I found an exploit that allowed me to list an item for more than $400 USD on SCM

Teeird

Does it involve listing it in a different currency, and having the currency go over $400 after exchange rate?

I already know you can technically list an item for stuff like $400.008, and it rounds down/counts as $400. I can't imagine that's what it is

Does it involve listing it in a different currency, and having the currency go over $400 after exchange rate?

I already know you can technically list an item for stuff like $400.008, and it rounds down/counts as $400. I can't imagine that's what it is

I have seen items up for $500 before due to currencies.

are you not supposed to be able to list an item for over $400?

Not if you're in the US. Wherever you are in the world, if you break the limit you're allowed to sell for, that's an exploit.

Alright Teeird remember, when you get your Unusual (insert hat that isn't supposed to be Unusual) for finding this exploit, you gotta ask for Beams or Scorching. Don't be that guy that picks Burning

Alright Teeird remember, when you get your Unusual (insert hat that isn't supposed to be Unusual) for finding this exploit, you gotta ask for Beams or Scorching. Don't be that guy that picks Burning

I'm gonna pick burning.

edit: is there a list of all the report reward hats?

I'm gonna pick burning.

edit: is there a list of all the report reward hats?

Houwar

Max

Gibus

Wiki (not anymore??)

Don't think I know about any others. List would be OP

uhm, l8? http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/%E2%98%85%20StatTrak%E2%84%A2%20Karambit%20%7C%20Blue%20Steel%20%28Field-Tested%29

And that's not the only listing that has had sales higher than $400. I think I remember seeing an M9, some dota unusuals and even some tf2 items sold that high before.

Clearly a bug but I'm not sure how it's gamebreaking.

uhm, l8? http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/%E2%98%85%20StatTrak%E2%84%A2%20Karambit%20%7C%20Blue%20Steel%20%28Field-Tested%29

And that's not the only listing that has had sales higher than $400. I think I remember seeing an M9, some dota unusuals and even some tf2 items sold that high before.

Clearly a bug but I'm not sure how it's gamebreaking.

You realize russians and europeons have an increased USD limit due to currency conversion rates? Don't "l8" me.

inb4 they warn you not to do it again (like how they deleted the untradable, uncraftable scrap guy) and then reward another person for a meaningless glitch like having 2 Halloween spells at once that make flashy effects.

You realize russians and europeons have an increased USD limit due to currency conversion rates? Don't "l8" me.

Back when one of these knives were up for sale, I contacted the guy and asked him how he did it. He wouldn't tell me. I then asked for a screencap of the knife and he showed his entire steam client when showing me his knife in the market and his currency was $ in the screenshot itself. Could have been American, Canadian or even Australian. But it for sure wasn't Russian or European.

So yah. I can l8 whoever I want. 

There might be one way of doing this. But it takes quite a while to do it. involves holding the up key or holding down M1. From this clue, can you confirm that this is how you did it?

Archived