Why do people who know you care for them like to hurt you?

Bone

We are human. We have a tendancy to self destruct, hurting those around us intentionally or not. Its the sad but ultimately true.

i dont think humans want to see others suffer. Its counter nature for us to think that way. However, our own desires get in the way. Thats when we lose sight of what matters.

Some people may not you/others to care about them for many reasons. That you care about them bothers them in some way.

This. Perhaps it is a little hurtful if the love is unrequited, but it is something you have to accept.

This. Perhaps it is a little hurtful if the love is unrequited, but it is something you have to accept.

Oh, it hurts. It really does.

In most cases they probably dont know they are hurting you?

Majority of people make decisions in life based off their own desires and needs without accommodating for others.

E.g. If you're going out late at night with a few close friends you dont think "i wont go becuase i might make my parents worry" you simply go because you want to without really caring for others.

Maybe they're too caught up in their own problems, need their space, and/or don't like having expectations being put onto them.

right

but don't you think they should let the other person know?

Please, if you know anyone who deliberately hurts you, muster up the self-respect to get them out of your life if you can, or at least distance yourself from them as much as possible.  Understanding why they do it isn't as important as protecting yourself.

FFS

right

but don't you think they should let the other person know?

Sometimes, it may be obvious, and they would expect you to realize it yourself as they try to be tactful and not just tell you straight in the face to go away.

There may be many perspectives to this.

Archived