Should marked scammers/fences/sharks be banned from the forums as well as the bp.tf main site?

Grimes

68 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay

• Yay
    • Nay

I think they should only be banned if they try to poison the community etc. If they just try to talk and be a nice guy I don't see why they should be banned.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should only be banned if they try to poison the community etc. If they just try to talk and be a nice guy I don't see why they should be banned.

Ill bring up google here, he was a somewhat regular in the community and befriended may users here, in the end that was all a lie and he ran off with ALOT of unusuals and buds by back-charging everything and running off.

If a user was actively scamming enough for them to be marked on steamrep and banned on every other tf2community i dont see why they should be here on the forums giving them the potential to scam our users and contributers just because they arn't actively trolling or swearing at users. Unlike google they have a history of scamming users, whats to say scammers wont attempt the same thing google did, coming to the forum with malicious ideas or offloading their scammed items.

been wondering why tagged scammers (including swaveboard & angel mander) are using this just like others

banned users get banned from everywhere

that makes sense :D

*PURGE*

Yes.

There is no point in allowing them to remain here as they have simply proven to be detrimental to the community. Anyone banned from the site should also be banned from the forums save the appeals section.

Well, I have considered this as well. But it's incredibly easy to make an alt account here. You don't even have to link your steam account to have a forum account. We have made it clear that you can't use the trading section if you are marked. But if they wanted to stay active in the community, it would be pretty easy for them to do it with alts - a lot easier than it is to trade using an alt as people become suspicious of those accounts.

Well, I have considered this as well. But it's incredibly easy to make an alt account here. You don't even have to link your steam account to have a forum account. We have made it clear that you can't use the trading section if you are marked. But if they wanted to stay active in the community, it would be pretty easy for them to do it with alts - a lot easier than it is to trade using an alt as people become suspicious of those accounts.

There aren't IP bans for these forums?

Also, doesn't that make bans for the forums useless in the first place?

• Administrators

I have to disagree with this. Just because someone is a thief you don't close them out completely.  "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

I don't see how they will "poison" us. Almost all of us are experienced trader and we can stay away from trading with them. I have not seen a marked scammer using the trade section on the forum since I have been here. 

Also, if you want marked scammers banned, keep in mind.... Everyone should be banned. No exceptions. Cranwell, Swave, Angelmander and many others. 

I don't mind making friends with people who are scammers/fencers but what you should do is know how to control yourself. If you can't do that, you don't belong in the community, because that means you can be "poisoned" easily no matter what. Self control is the word here.

There aren't IP bans for these forums?

Also, doesn't that make bans for the forums useless in the first place?

Eh. IP bans have their own issues. For example, I work at the same place everyday. But my IP is never EXACTLY the same - only the first three numbers and sometimes only the first two numbers. And sometimes you get the opposite problem. Sometimes multiple people in the same dorm / building / household have the same IP and IP banning bans all of them, even if they aren't even related.

Also, if you want marked scammers banned, keep in mind.... Everyone should be banned. No exceptions. Cranwell, Swave, Angelmander and many others. 

Cranwell: Makes GB post destroying other traders' careers

Swave: Attempts to sell us shit through status updates

Angelmander: Shitposts a bit here and there, but eh.

No, I don't mind.

Eh. IP bans have their own issues. For example, I work at the same place everyday. But my IP is never EXACTLY the same - only the first three numbers and sometimes only the first two numbers. And sometimes you get the opposite problem. Sometimes multiple people in the same dorm / building / household have the same IP and IP banning bans all of them, even if they aren't even related.

I see. But in that case doesn't that mean that people who have been banned from the forums for legitimate reasons (Wooden House, that box guy etc) can just make alts and come back as well?

make this a poll

YES

they have to be baned from any site.also we must force valve to take action when needed.

when we get enough proofs for someone everything into his inventory must be deleted by valve.

keys unusuals ref

everything.

Ok mining light for misc cancer poop hat guy.

• Administrators

Cranwell: Makes GB post destroying other traders' careers

Swave: Attempts to sell us shit through status updates

Angelmander: Shitposts a bit here and there, but eh.

No, I don't mind.

How is cranwell destroying anyone's "trading career"?

Just ignore the status updates from him?

Bakgrund shitposts as well. And many others. We don't mind them, why should we mind Angel here? Just because he is marked, he should be vanished from the entire community?

Like I said, self control. If you hate them, keep it to yourself and ignore them completely. If you can't control yourself...You are naive and can easily be manipulated into anything.

been wondering why tagged scammers (including swaveboard & angel mander) are using this just like others

banned users get banned from everywhere

that makes sense :D

*PURGE*

Oh noes I got banned in mine craft server wills i gt ban in ly4e also :o

Chocolate, you aren't very different, trying to get people banned everywhere because you feel like it.

thats why they need to be banned.

You don't even want me to link that thread were you made a fool of yourself to everyone here.

• Administrators

See what I mean?

Just proving the point right there.

thats why they need to be banned.

Just because one fencer/scammer decide to go mean and insult everyone here does not mean others should receive the same punishment. Yes, swave should be banned from the forums. Not because he is marked but because he constantly insults everyone now and way out of hand. (Sorry, swave but that is the truth). Discussed and the matter should be resolved now.

I see. But in that case doesn't that mean that people who have been banned from the forums for legitimate reasons (Wooden House, that box guy etc) can just make alts and come back as well?

Yup, and they pretty much have always been able to when they really wanted to.

Just because one fencer/scammer decide to go mean and insult everyone here does not mean others should receive the same punishment. Yes, swave should be banned from the forums. Not because he is marked but because he constantly insults everyone now and way out of hand. (Sorry, swave but that is the truth).

I do not simply insult anyone if they did not say anything first, thank you. It was after that wats happening thread that everyone decided to be rude to me, and what do you expect me to say back? "My apologies sir"?

When you said I should be banned, its fine, I didn't get angered or insulted you in any way, its others that are rude to me that get reciprocation. I am getting overly defensive of the late, especially when I realised a lot of "friends" are not actually legit, not stating names.

Chocolate, you aren't very different, trying to get people banned everywhere because you feel like it.

I already warned you the last time that if you pulled anything of that nature again, I would not hesitate to stop your crap. You were banned from both Outpost and Backpack.tf for several reasons and you deserve an SR mark for them, not because I "feel like it".

That aside, I seriously doubt that people were marked for scamming/fencing etc for no reason. Obviously they must have done something, and what prevents them from doing it to more people through the forums?

Of course, certain bans are definitely uncalled for, and those can be observed on a case-by-case basis.

• Administrators

I do not simply insult anyone if they did not say anything first, thank you. It was after that wats happening thread that everyone decided to be rude to me, and what do you expect me to say back? "My apologies sir"?

When you said I should be banned, its fine, I didn't get angered or insulted you in any way, its others that are rude to me that get reciprocation. I am getting overly defensive of the late, especially when I realised a lot of "friends" are not actually legit, not stating names.

If someone can't take your presence, they can ignore you but constantly throwing insult words at each other only creates more hate and at the end nothing is accomplished. If one of the two parties stop doing that, you should be okay here. If someone insult you, either make a joke out of it (don't insult them in the joke) or ignore that post completely.  :ph34r:

No, make it a case by case basis. Cranwell has always been pleasant on the forums and is a good guy. d0 has a caution tag but should we ban him? No. If they come on here and break the rules, then ban them, but if they havent done anything wrong here, leave them be.

Nah. For some reason

Most scammer's aren't assholes (expect for them scamming)

But in other things they are uselly nice (Expect for scamming)

Google, if  I sould bring him up, was a good guy it seemed but he started scammer

So meh

Nah. For some reason

Most scammer's aren't assholes (expect for them scamming)

But in other things they are uselly nice (Expect for scamming)

Google, if  I sould bring him up, was a good guy it seemed but he started scammer

So meh

Scamming = Asshole

No exceptions.

Archived