Should marked scammers/fences/sharks be banned from the forums as well as the bp.tf main site?

Grimes

68 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay

• Yay
    • Nay

Title.

Personally, I feel they should be banned here as well. Why should they be allowed this privilege?

Putting this in website suggestions I guess. 

PS: Nothing personal to anyone I offended. 

Edit: added poll

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bp.tf has banned numerous phishers/scammers from the website to protect our users then why are they allowed here where they have access to the "heart" of bp.tf (a majority of our suggestors/contributers)

Not really. They did something wrong in trading but that shouldn't mean they can't be on our forum.

Most of the subforums aren't trading related anyway, I don't see why their crime should affect their ability to discuss about Team Fortress 2.

They should be banned from the trading subforum of course though.

Not really. They did something wrong in trading but that shouldn't mean they can't be on our forum.

Most of the subforums aren't trading related anyway, I don't see why their crime should affect their ability to discuss about Team Fortress 2.

I don't really see why we should.

Because this:

Yes, yes yes. They just poison the forums with their bullshit here.

and this:

Bp.tf has banned numerous phishers/scammers from the website to protect our users then why are they allowed here where they have access to the "heart" of bp.tf (a majority of our suggestors/contributers)

Grimes is talking strictly about marked scammers and the like (not some of the questionable bans handed out by outpost), as steamrep doesnt mark people for sharking it means they were banned for a reason, either fencing or the one actually doing the scamming.

Why should they be allowed here so they can scam our contributers or to unload their stolen crap?

make this a poll

YES

they have to be baned from any site.also we must force valve to take action when needed.

when we get enough proofs for someone everything into his inventory must be deleted by valve.

keys unusuals ref

everything.

I mean what are they "poisoning" us with?

They say "steamrep iz bad" or "TF2OP has bad modz and got me marked", it gets annoying. They are always trying to prove to everyone x community is bad because they got banned.

They say "steamrep iz bad" or "TF2OP has bad modz and got me marked", it gets annoying. They are always trying to prove to everyone x community is bad because they got banned.

Well sometimes they have valid points. Just ban on a case by case basis imo

make this a poll

YES

they have to be baned from any site.also we must force valve to take action when needed.

when we get enough proofs for someone everything into his inventory must be deleted by valve.

keys unusuals ref

everything.

added a poll

So, people like cranwell should be cut off from the entire fourms just because they made a dumb mistake? No, he should not. 

he's not a scammer, fence, or shark. 

for those of you who have thick skulls, Grimes means people who are BANNED BECAUSE THEY ARE SCUM. people who have made their trading career STEALING and from others.

At least from the trading sub-forums. That's a given.

If all they're gonna do is spam in the Great Below all day, and maybe have a casual TF2 conversation, I wouldn't object... but they shouldn't get special treatment. The forums are just as big as the site itself, and having scammers running around here unpunished would hurt its reputation.

he's not a scammer, fence, or shark. 

for those of you who have thick skulls, Grimes means people who are BANNED BECAUSE THEY ARE SCUM. people who have made their trading career STEALING and from others.

But he is marked as a scammer. Grimes said that people who are marked as a scammer should be banned from the fourms.

Got sourceop negged for putting in a rep threas

Traded princess buttercup 600 USD PayPal for secrect soldier stash through mm. Lol

So, people like cranwell should be cut off from the entire fourms just because they made a dumb mistake? No, he should not.

Because every marked scammer/fence is like Cranwell and Cranwell consists of 100% of all marked scammers/fences. Right, there totally aren't any marked scammers/fences that act like complete assholes; all of them are nice and friendly and merely made a mistake and shouldn't be shunned because of their silly mistake.

If you have it so marked members are banned from these forums then you ban all people who are marked

Making exceptions is just a form of invite only-esque elitism

Archived