Should I get the new iphone?

F  CHARLIE

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here I am stuck with the 4S...

The 4S has a really shitty battery life, good thing I got rid of it

It's not so bad if you still have a 12 GB plan though

Ok, my understanding is that the iphone 6 is comparable to the galaxy s5 (and other) except that it is less innovative but more streamlined in performance and more secure. Any thing to add? Also, opinions on Moto x?

IMO, iOS for the iPhone in general is a more stable OS fora  mobile phone in which it was specifically developed for. Though it is limited in functionality compared to Android for my personal needs in a phone, I haven't heard my wife mention random reboots, bootloops, problems with GUI, apps closing for no apparent reason, app incompatibility etc that you get with a rooted and flashed android.

That being said I personally think $850 for a less than noteworthy phone with 3 year old features just now being added is a total rip. Unless you are specifically keen toward the iPhone or iOS for a specific reason - say keeping a happy homefront - then i say to you "whatever floats your boat" just don't push it in my face.

Ok, my understanding is that the iphone 6 is comparable to the galaxy s5 (and other) except that it is less innovative but more streamlined in performance and more secure. Any thing to add? Also, opinions on Moto x?

Basically.... 

An iPhone is just as powerful as any Android phone you can buy. With that said, Android is easier to customize (doesn't need to be jailbroken), and you have multiple sources for apps -- internet, amazon app store, and the marketplace. Other than that they're pretty similar. 

That being said I personally think $850 for a less than noteworthy phone with 3 year old features just now being added is a total rip. Unless you are specifically keen toward the iPhone or iOS for a specific reason - say keeping a happy homefront - then i say to you "whatever floats your boat" just don't push it in my face.

Well, keep in mind the target audience -- I.e. America, where most people are on contract. So, the off-contract price isn't as much of an issue -- and the price difference between the iPhone and other flagships can be made up when you go to resell it--I put my 64gb Verizon (unlocked) 5s on craigslist and was offered $400 almost immediatley -- $100 more than the 64gb iPhone 6 on contract. Basically...iPhone and Android flagship devices are pretty much all the same just with a different OS. 

OK. I got the galaxy s5. Sorry to iPhone lovers. For now I will stick with android. I will say this thing is incredibly fast. Good phone.

S5 

Ew 

I think I'm going to be sick *vomit*

OK. I got the galaxy s5. Sorry to iPhone lovers. For now I will stick with android. I will say this thing is incredibly fast. Good phone.

install cm on that shit

At least you didn't give in to the hype. I salute you

Archived