Should I get the new iphone?

F  CHARLIE

I have an upgrade available and need to use it as my sg3 battery is nearly shot. Give me your opinion based on performance expectations compared to other phones. My sg3 did not do as well with reception so that is something I need considered.

Thank you in advance.

If you have the chance you should wait a few weeks, wait for the typical Apple price skimming to go down a bit.

IE: Wait till the hype dies down :3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the chance you should wait a few weeks, wait for the typical Apple price skimming to go down a bit.

IE: Wait till the hype dies down :3

On contract, it will probably still be $200 until they release the next one. (or whatever price they choose)

Apple's software in general is designed for the stupidest people on earth. It is intended to be restrictive in order to "protect the user" from messing up anything. If you like to live in a little bubble and look "cool" to your friends then get an IPhone. If you actually care about features and the hardware underneath then avoid Apple products in general.

If you are using your phone to do "phone" things then you shouldn't have needed an upgrade since about 2010.

BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg

Ill leave this here xD

Kinda really disappointed at apple atm was hoping for a Wow factor to force android to step it's game up to go "your move android" instead it's just playing catch up.

The only real improvement is the speed and bigger screen in the new iphone everything else android has or has done better since a year ago. 

-snip-

Ill leave this here xD

Kinda really disappointed at apple atm was hoping for a Wow factor to force android to step it's game up to go "your move android" instead it's just playing catch up.

The only real improvement is the speed and bigger screen in the new iphone everything else android has or has done better since a year ago. 

The WOW factor of an iPhone is it being an iPhone. Having an iPhone gives u instant schweg, having the newest gives u duble schweg.

Heheh but i use android now

Almost all my trading and bp.tf activity is done from my phone along with half of my email and most of the rest of my internet activity. I do some game activity on it as well.

BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg

Ill leave this here xD

And the only one of those specs that actually means anything at all is the larger screen, widgets, and third party keyboards. Everything else is pretty much meaningless. Higher resolution screens on phones dont make a huge difference -- Ive used a retina screen and an S5 screen for extended periods.

Wireless charging/water resistance/ir blasters/multi user support/virtual buttons -- gimmicky/no real benefit. 

default apps, split screen apps, app installs from a browser -- would be nice, up until now the screen has been too small, would be nice. 

I'd also highly suggest reading through this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/13 Now, its been said that Anadtech is bias'd towards Apple since his Apple reviews tend to be more thorough, but I've never noticed any fanboyism going on.

And the only one of those specs that actually means anything at all is the larger screen, widgets, and third party keyboards. Everything else is pretty much meaningless. Higher resolution screens on phones dont make a huge difference -- Ive used a retina screen and an S5 screen for extended periods.

Wireless charging/water resistance/ir blasters/multi user support/virtual buttons -- gimmicky/no real benefit. 

default apps, split screen apps, app installs from a browser -- would be nice, up until now the screen has been too small, would be nice. 

I'd also highly suggest reading through this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/13

If those features are gimicky, then what the hell is a 64 bit cpu in a phone...

If those features are gimicky, then what the hell is a 64 bit cpu in a phone...

It's gimmicky worthless shit.... well, kind of anyway. 

64 bit doesn't truly benefit until there is a need for more than 4gb of RAM, however, a 64 bit operting system also has a few other benefits--to the point where a 64 bit app can actually run faster than a 32 bit app assuming all else being equal.

Right at this moment I am leaning iphone 6 plus 64gb but we shall see. I have the Samsung sg3 and might otherwise move to the htc phone.

Well nobody is forcing you to make a good decision.

HOW?!

Charlie got game

I'm probably going to upgrade my iPhone 3 to this since I feel no strong inclination to switch to an android

My sg3 motherboard got fried because apparently I charged it too much-_-

Large flaw in that phone is the need to charge it constantly. Big screen and super thin = no Battery life. My battery is bad also.

Large flaw in that phone is the need to charge it constantly. Big screen and super thin = no Battery life. My battery is bad also.

Well, thinner=better, everyone knows that theres an exponential relationship. For each .1mm knocked off the thickness performance increases by a factor of 10. 

Archived