A New Trading Site

DiamondHavoc.

I am prepared for this hate, but this is a basic idea of what I'm gonna put more work into.

I want to make a new trading site AIMED at experienced traders. No people selling craft hats for 1.33 ref, no one lowballing, no one annoying. The site is purely made for selling items about 6 keys or above.

TF2Haven.com

• We give people chances if they make mistakes. Everyone here will be experienced and we don't want whole careers disappearing for our blumbers.
  • Interlocked hours count. You cannot access the site if you have under 80 hours in game. This will prevent lowballers and hijackers from accessing the site.
  • Interlocked backpack.tf pricing. No items can be put up to trade if they are under 6 keys.
  • If someone is being completely unrealistic about prices or being annoying/ a dick ALL the time on all their trades, and if we can see that, they are perm-banned. We don't want people like them roaming around.

As I said, very basic, only just came to me, but I want to hear your constructive-criticism!

I'll of course need coders to help, and for the staff I'm looking at YOU guys, the backpack.tf forum users. Wanna hear what features you'd love.

Thanks! 

Um just saying but you can cut out all craft hats on outpost by making the filter unusual quality only.

Lowballing will be inevitable and more likely that not experienced traders are the ones which lowball the most looking for profit xD

If you are serious about this you need to think of what your site can offer which the other trading websites dont to actually attract users, bazaar is filled with features but it lacks the userbase.

Need to be realistic about this as it will take time not to mention many other well established site offer 90% of what you are offering.

EDIT: to effectively implement most of your points you'll need a large amount of moderators constantly looking at reports :S

How do you imagine market without quickbuyers?

Quickbuyers are allowed but by lowballers I mean people just offering nuts gibuses on burning modests and such.

Um just saying but you can cut out all craft hats on outpost by making the filter unusual quality only.

Lowballing will be inevitable and more likely that not experienced traders are the ones which lowball the most looking for profit xD

If you are serious about this you need to think of what your site can offer which the other trading websites dont to actually attract users, bazaar is filled with features but it lacks the userbase.

Okay, thanks. As I said, this is really just a small idea I'm making. I really want you guys to tell me which features YOU'D LOVE

You think this helps? Fine, contribute what you'd want.

Even If you make the site, I doubt it will get popular enough. Secondly the rules are stooped.

Holy shit the elitism

Why can't you seem to be able to help in any topics?

Even If you make the site, I doubt it will get popular enough. Secondly the rules are stooped.

Okay then, say what you think the rules should be :) I want the suggestions of you guys

Why can't you seem to be able to help in any topics?

it's in my nature

i dislike elitist websites

it's like what.cd all over again.

Besides, this doesn't bring any real initiative to the trading community.

By basing it on a lowered demographic you are essentially lowering the chances of it even being popular

it's in my nature

It's just a site run by the people of this community. Nothing elitist. We want to make it the best experienced trader experience.

it's in my nature

Besides, this doesn't bring any real initiative to the trading community.

By basing it on a lowered demographic you are essentially lowering the chances of it even being popular

e1337

Also, I think you should not create such website, as there are already too many of them.

The problem is you guys keep saying it won't be popular, then what do you think will make it popular? I just wanna know what you think! You're the type of guys I'm aiming it at

I love it! An actual site for non-low-tier traders, lowballers banned and people who make mistakes not. This is awesome <3

I love it! An actual site for non-low-tier traders, lowballers banned and people who make mistakes not. This is awesome <3

thanks <3

It's just a site run by the people of this community. Nothing elitist. We want to make it the best experienced trader experience.

Vup2Q41.png

Regardless

Do you have any attributes that you can actively put into the website?

Do you know to program any languages, such as HTML, CSS, Javascript etc?

Do you have enough money to host the website and advertise the website?

Saying "This is a good idea guys, we should make it!" is well and all, but unless you can do a substantial amount of the work that the website will need it won't work out.

Besides, the more experienced traders will know that you don't get profit from trading with other experienced traders

Take these forums for example.

Do you see many experienced people acquiring a noteworthy (For their backpack value) amount of profit? No, you don't.

If you were to (Hypothetically) take, let's say, 300 random selling posts from these forums (Of 6 keys or higher value) and take a sample of 300 random posts from TF2OP (Of 6 keys or higher value) which one would you think would have more people profiting?

Edit: there's also no need to take backhanded digs at TF2OP, such as "We give people chances if they make mistakes. Everyone here will be experienced and we don't want whole careers disappearing for our blumbers"

It's unlikely you'll actually address any of this, though.

Vup2Q41.png

Regardless

Do you have any attributes that you can actively put into the website?

Do you know to program any languages, such as HTML, CSS, Javascript etc?

Do you have enough money to host the website and advertise the website?

Saying "This is a good idea guys, we should make it!" is well and all, but unless you can do a substantial amount of the work that the website will need it won't work out.

Besides, the more experienced traders will know that you don't get profit from trading with other experienced traders

Take these forums for example.

Do you see many experienced people acquiring a noteworthy (For their backpack value) amount of profit? No, you don't.

If you were to (Hypothetically) take, let's say, 300 random selling posts from these forums (Of 6 keys or higher value) and take a sample of 300 random posts from TF2OP (Of 6 keys or higher value) which one would you think would have more people profiting?

Edit: there's also no need to take backhanded digs at TF2OP, such as "We give people chances if they make mistakes. Everyone here will be experienced and we don't want whole careers disappearing for our blumbers"

It's unlikely you'll actually address any of this, though.

I'm not taking a dig at OP ffs

Make advertisements of the site

Encourage people who use the site to add to their nickname "[TF2H]" by giving them more slots of trades and special nickname (or any special perks you want)

People that will join when the site is just released will get some Special perks

Those who invite friends get more perks.

When people donate, they get Eternal perks unlike Outpost that is limited.

Make the site beautiful and unique from Bazaar and Outpost.

If the guy don't want to be added, make an alert that appears when the trader click the 'Add friend' button.

Don't listen to those who tell you that it will not work.

Make advertisements of the site

Encourage people who use the site to add to their nickname "[TF2H]" by giving them more slots of trades and special nickname (or any special perks you want)

People that will join when the site is just released will get some Special perks

Those who invite friends get more perks.

When people donate, they get Eternal perks unlike Outpost that is limited.

Make the site beautiful and unique from Bazaar and Outpost.

If the guy don't want to be added, make an alert that appears when the trader click the 'Add friend' button.

Don't listen to those who tell you that it will not work.

Thanks mate

If you believe that you can organise this, grow a user base and keep it running, I'm on board.

On a separate note, I agree with some of the restrictions of the proposed site, although 6 keys might be a little steep, I am interested to see how you deal with unpriced items such as newly implemented or rare items (e.g: newly unboxed 1 of 1 unusuals)

Absolutely horrid idea.

What're you going to constitute as a lowball?  Offering 1 bud lower on an outdated hat?  Being a quickbuyer?  How low can I set my buying price until I get a "fuck you" and my trade is shut down for being a lowballing trade?  Buying Bill's for 5 keys instead of 6?

So I can just idle for a bit then have access to the site anyways?

And no items under 6 keys then?  So I wouldn't be allowed to use it because I don't like to deal with items that expensive?  You're more than aware I'm experienced as a trader, yet I wouldn't be allowed to make any trades on there.  And what's wrong about being unrealistic about their price?  If the price is unreal, it'll never sell.  You CAN NOT force someone into following your set of guidelines just because you don't think it'll sell.  It's a buyer and seller market,  those who sell at an appropriate price will succeed while those who cannot will never move forward.

And seeing as how bazaar.tf already has a userbase problem with so few people there, and you want to make a new site out of the blue where you're literally going to cut out 75% of all the basic trades made?  God damn good idea right there, I wish you luck with the 120 trades total that'll be on there.

Do you also have any idea how to create a site like this and maintain it?  Or do you have enough funds to pay someone to do it for you constantly, and also be able to reliably host a server?  Why should I bother using an obscure site that experienced traders who will never want to lose profit are only allowed on when I have three popular places I could trade for item overpay and be happy with the deal?

-1/10, don't cut out most of the community because of an elitist attitude.

And as for features I'd love?  For this to exist, then skid into an utter failure of a site so you can learn the hard way that you can't just cut out trades you don't like and users you don't like because they're mildly annoying.

Archived