Predicting the market [Dedicated thread]

Grimes

When some things sky rocket in value [on the scm] due to demand (Pallets, capsules etc) Many of us are left in the dust thinking "if only I had bought <insert number here> of <insert item here>".

So the aim of this thread is to share theories on which items will suddenly see a spike in demand in the near future, and perhaps help each other buy big ;)

I guess i'll start: Halloween Voodoo Souls always seem to jump during Halloween (funny that), I would expect them to do the same this year.

------------------------------

Edit: If you guys want to do this privately I can start a group as well.

Edit #2: Try and keep this serious pls.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gen. Merc's medal. 3.4k in existence, and it's a craft hat basically. All it could take is a hoarder to buy a load of them, and it'd be very rare.

Everything killstreak at Christmas. It's when the SCM people who actually think this stuff is good get money.

Also festive items (not just the weapons) should go up.

Any other items with small number in existance also has a good chance of going up if say... You spent a couple keys getting a couple thousand of them just like Burpman suggested.

Oh and Festive Tree might be a good unusual to invest in to resell Novemeber. Cheap as hell all class festive hat. If you get a N+B, Bubbles etc one you can sell it on the market for some easy profit this christmas.

Misc hype?!

Oh and any items with no misc hype at all that you can bullshit about not clipping with anything. For example the Huo Long Heater.

Oh and any items with no misc hype at all that you can bullshit about not clipping with anything. For example the Huo Long Heater.

Thanks for ruining the fucking joke!

Have a nice day!

(why did you like the post)

All strange hats and miscs seem to have risen from high demand. My idea would be to buy all the strange hats and miscs that are old (for rarity) and wait until they rise.

Edit: Buy things like the bonk boy, boom bringer, FDU, mutton chops, All-father, SFSE, cute suit, aspect, bird mad, dark-age defender, bushi-dou, juggernaut jacket, sangu sleeves, teddy roosebelt, antarctic researcher, archimedes, foppish, veil, anger, deep cover operator, blood banker, backstabber's boomslang, merc's pride scarf, robro and the law.

All these hats have been pretty easy for me to sell over bp.tf recommended price in the past.

At 8:46 25/08/14 (the time i am typing this) I am seeing lots of collectors up to almost the $20 area so my best bet is to save on collectors and buy 2 to experiment. When the price is at its highest sell one, when drops then sell the one and then if it rises even more than sell the other

Well this is good but see the thing is once the hype does hit, we'll all try to unload our profit at the same time and it's back to 1.33. (exp. cs:go sticker capsules)

Most things that you make a ton of profit on when the hype hits are things that everyone does not know about. Something like stocking up on those chemistry sets and putting them in an alt account like cranwell.  You get the point.  ;)

Bread Boxes are the future

Building on the Voodoo-souls, I think the bird-heads are likely to get a bump around Halloween.

But yeah, strange miscs are going absolutely insane due to their rarity. 

No longer obtainable strange parts seems to do quite well, too, so long as you avoid the dreaded redistribution... *shudders*

Also: strangifiers seem to be unwanted and mostly sold at a cheap price. If you were able to obtain a load of strangifiers (or chemistry sets as suggested by Elijah) pretty cheap and apply them to their respective hats (or make the strangifiers and apply them), there is hefty profit to be made.

All strange hats and miscs seem to have risen from high demand. My idea would be to buy all the strange hats and miscs that are old (for rarity) and wait until they rise.

Edit: Buy things like the bonk boy, boom bringer, FDU, mutton chops, All-father, SFSE, cute suit, aspect, bird mad, dark-age defender, bushi-dou, juggernaut jacket, sangu sleeves, teddy roosebelt, antarctic researcher, archimedes, foppish, veil, anger, deep cover operator, blood banker, backstabber's boomslang, merc's pride scarf, robro and the law.

All these hats have been pretty easy for me to sell over bp.tf recommended price in the past.

Series 2 chem set stranges are not really rising at all, because you can still get series 2 chem sets from the drop. Series 3 chem sets are retired and have high demaned unlike series 2 stranges.

Series 2 chem set stranges are not really rising at all, because you can still get series 2 chem sets from the drop. Series 3 chem sets are retired and have high demaned unlike series 2 stranges.

Series 1 or 3 would probably be the best to get in that case. From my experience though I've been able to sell pretty much all S hats/miscs for over backpack.tf price quite easily.

Stock up on Antlers, Prancer's Prides, Kringles and anything Christmas related before Christmas day. Same would be for some festive weapons.

I predict a drop in Scotch Savers, A rise in Sole Saviors and a general prediction of the re-emergence of keys. sadly enough.

Keys are gonna go up when demand for them goes back up i.e. Halloween, basically.

Which does generally cause Buds to drop off, too, as a warning to anyone who's flipping those based on the current upward trend.

I have a feeling that there may be hope for 2014 s.f.s, if they are good.....

The 2013 ones were 'good', it's just they were unboxed on such a scale that they're not rare enough to justify any sort of price tag.

I can't see that trend reversing :3

Festive Chargin' Targe plz Volve

The 2013 ones were 'good', it's just they were unboxed on such a scale that they're not rare enough to justify any sort of price tag.

I can't see that trend reversing :3

Festive Chargin' Targe plz Volve

I see a chance that people won't unbox 2014 festives as much due to seeing what happened in the lats two years

but then again, I'm too hopeful

I see a chance that people won't unbox 2014 festives as much due to seeing what happened in the lats two years

but then again, I'm too hopeful

Hmm... I suppose it's POSSIBLE, but I wouldn't invest heavily into it. Way too risky.

Although speaking of which, the last couple of years the old-school festives tended to rise on the build-up to Christmas, there's another plan of attack for you guys ;3

Archived