Why do players get so angry and rude on mvm?!

flapjack0576

Scout:

Shortstop - more health can be useful,

Soda Popper - easy to get out of the way money,

Back Scatter - mini crits for when you must scattergun, to be completely honest you arent going to use it enough to matter

Baby Face's - ask any high tour scout what weapon he uses. Probably is this, the extra speed makes it great for the first wave or two rather than upgrading speed.

Soldier:

Beggars - never use this. Unless you know how to use it. Super rapid fire rocket spam.

Escape - always use this. You saying that shovel is better somehow?

Pyro:

Phlog - why aren't you using this if there are tanks?

Manmelter - nobody cares about secondaries and this makes phlog pyro able to help the team.

Powerjack - run at the speed of a scout, what's not to love. Just don't go beating robots down with it.

Third Degree - no downsides. Plus melee weapons don't really matter.

Back scratcher - the true weapon you shouldn't use. Prevents anyone from helping you at all.

Demo - bottle/reskins. These are what you should use. You don't want something that decreases your health for no reason or blocks ammo crates.

Heavy:

Huo-long - Stay by dispenser and nothing is wrong with this.

Engineer:

Rescue Ranger - this was made for MvM. 'nuf said.

Medic - if the bonesaw is all you have why not?

Sniper:

Bazaar bargain - just learn to shoot heads. It is good, but has a major downside - you aren't using the heatmaker.

Heatmaker - upgrade reload speed and this is a rapid fire sniper. Just point and click. And dont stop clicking.

Spy :

L'etranger is a great weapon for getting that cloak back.

Stock invisi is the worst.

Ambassador is great too for pulling aggro from that deflecter heavy.

Diamond back is decent too if you have backstabbed a few medics.

I see the Scout... except for the Back Scatter. Why equip it when there'll be a Pyro with the Backburner?

Not saying the Shovel is the best... but...

Never said anything about the watches for the Spy... I don't know why...

Medic... eww, bonesaw. Use the Ubersaw, spam it on robots, pair w/ Kritzkrieg, insta-kritz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure you never played MvM.

Scout: Shortstop - the bane of tanks, much damage. Soda Popper - sometimes those jumps may be useful.

Soldier: Beggars. Have you ever seen a skilled soldier with a beggars? 200k dmg on average (2cities). Escape plan - and what melee is better that EP? Black Box + Conch + EP - try this loadout someday. MG - have you ever MG'd a boss? Pretty sure you haven't.

Pyro. Phlog - I even won't comment this. Manmelter - FREE crits ffs! 3rd Degree - try this out on 7\7 Bavarian Botbash. Powerjack - what's the problem with this weapon? Just don't die and you're good.

Demo. Bottle + reskins - No comments. Those are a lot better that skullcutter or persuader, for example.

Hoovy. Agree. But KGB chaining is fun as hell.

Engie. Pomson - penetrates shit. But not as useful as RR. RR - must have if you can read.

Medicing woman. Blut is good. (No it isn't).

Sniper. BB - why not? HH - must have if you can read. Also, never use the machina. Upgraded HH is superior and easier to use.

Shpee. Spycicle. Must have for pyro swarms if you're not skilled enough or not feeling confident. Otherwise, stock all the way.

Beggars is ONLY useful for skilled Sollies... wot Black Box+Concheror

If Solly, it could be useful to equip the Disciplinary Action...

Why do people get angry/kick people?

1.  Why are you playing expert mode for your first time playing MvM?  Why not start on intermediate? 

2.  People don't read guides, of which there are many.

3.  People don't listen "Just because you have x number of tours doesn't mean you're better than me".  Yes, I am better than you, based simply on the fact that I've successfully beaten this mission 70 fucking 6 times. 

4.  People say they can't play a certain class.  Then learn.  The whole team isn't going to switch around because you're too retarded to place and blow up stickies. 

5.  Ready the fuck up!

Beggars ONLY if you're skilled, no Phlog because no airblast (Backburner Pyro+Stock/Degreaser Pyro=unstoppable), Hitmans, meh. Rescue Ranger, better shotguns...

NOT

EVERY

MVM

TEAM

NEEDS

AN

AIRBLASTER

Crits > Airblasting

Plus

Airblasting produces Mini-crit rockets

Phlog? Crits whenever you want.

Sure, the immobilisation of Robot is one thing

But i'm pretty sure you can destroy a Robot faster with crits than air.

We should stop bickering over how wrong most of what Tanner the Original Scout says and acknowledge that, having only done 1 tour on Oil Spill, he has no idea how to play MvM.

As such, any advice he gives should be immediately disregarded.

Conversely, if you do the opposite of what he says, most of the time you'll probably be doing OK.

NOT

EVERY

MVM

TEAM

NEEDS

AN

AIRBLASTER

Crits > Airblasting

Plus

Airblasting produces Mini-crit rockets

Phlog? Crits whenever you want.

Sure, the immobilisation of Robot is one thing

But i'm pretty sure you can destroy a Robot faster with crits than air.

Airblast is annoying rather than useful.  If your team can't destroy robots without pushing them back (yes, that includes you, knockback minigun), you suck. 

Beggars:  Every bit as good as OG RL, just need to upgrade correctly, shoot salvos only when approprate.  It's a giant robot slayer. 

The only games I've intentionally gone airblast Pyro were for Coaltown Expert - Gear Grinder. Default flame thrower, scorch shot and homewrecker.

It's pretty handy there to reset the bomb a bunch of times on that particular map.

Now, with the update to buyback it's not as painful to switch to Phlog Pyro for the multiple tank round.

I tested if hats would affect how people see you. I wore my f2p set. Kicked 3 out of 5 times. Then i switched to my unusual. I did not even get close to being kicked. The medic literally stuck a kritzkrieg up my bum. Giving me uber canteens and other good stuff.

I tested if hats would affect how people see you. I wore my f2p set. Kicked 3 out of 5 times. Then i switched to my unusual. I did not even get close to being kicked. The medic literally stuck a kritzkrieg up my bum. Giving me uber canteens and other good stuff.

I wear a Gibus sometimes and never get kicked. I think it's more a number of tours thing. :P I've seen a good number of people with unusuals and australium weapons get kicked.

Archived